STRIKER getting buffed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by T0x1s, Oct 7, 2014.

1. IrishPride

I just don't understand why they released the launcher in that current state I mean huh..What was the point in it to begin with? Couldn't they ya know do extensive testing themselves rather than hearing a bunch of people all over the internet to complain about it? I mean man no wonder Higbys hair is a mess! They bring this stress on themselves.
  2. Pandora's Lunchbox

I still believe that the Striker before the Halloween update was fine - it wasn't over-powered, it wasn't under-powered; I feel it was a nicely balanced weapon. I think this second update takes as much piss as the previous. I mean you couldn't even destroy a standard, full-health ESF with the original, with all hits successful. After this next update, I think it'll barely be good as an anti-infantry weapon, never mind as anti-vehicle. It's a rocket-launcher, people. It shouldn't tickle.

On a side-note, I think it was daft to nerf only the Striker (if balance is what was intended), when there are plenty of weapons - even in the same class - that ARE over-powered.

Just sayin'. Don't judge.
  3. Borsty

Actually, since that still makes the Striker do less dmg at longer exposure time to a vehicle compared to the standard launcher, I'm not sure that buff is going far enough. Need to give it a good test against aircraft, to see if can reliably outperform a cheap 250 cert AA launcher (with dumb-fire against vehicle!) there.
  4. Covah

That was obvious but thx for the buffs anyway.

What concerns me the most is the velocity...

Wait and see what happens, maybe it will have some use.
  5. Rivenshield

I don't give a rat's patoot. The Striker was a lockon weapon for eleven years and they just took it away from me for absolutely no reason at all. Higby can Higby himself.
    • Up x 1
  6. Popper100

The thing with the AMP is that it is really hard to want to use it over the Repeater, it trades damage and controlability for fire rate but with the same mag capacity. I personally would like to see 3-7 more bullets added to solidify its place as the true bullet hose, making the Repeater the middle of the road and the Inquisitor the controllable mid range gun.

Harasser deserves to have full power weapons, especially since a couple of them are hilariously silly. Coupled with the fact that it is vulnerable to everything short of a knife and is pretty conspicuous to boot, just seems fair.

The Valk... I feel differently from other people on this thing, particularly the notion that it is a transport only which has grown so all-encompassing as to start warping peoples perceptions of vehicles in this game. We'll see what they do with it, but I don't have high hopes of them realizing the type of game this is and why the Valk as it stands is not wanted or needed.
    • Up x 1
  7. Chrispin

Actually I think the Striker will out DPS a Lancer by at least a little bit after this next buff. While the damage against vehicles per rocket is the same when you include resistances, the RPM was increased from 100 to 150.

If you factor in that the reload time isn't changed, we should see about a 1.25x buff in DPS. Now whether this makes it worth using I don't know. It's tough to say. We can at least see to it that it takes half as many direct hit rockets to kill infantry now (so slightly less than one magazine).
  8. Tuco

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAH
  9. Tuco

Your bias drives players away from the game, is that what you want?
  10. Ranik

Looking at the buffs. It's probably going to make the Striker do the exact same damage in 2s instead of 3s.

So still pretty bad compared to a Grounder considering you are probably doing far less damage overall, but it's a start and the shorter fire time and full auto will at least make it somewhat useable until the next inevitable buff.
    • Up x 1
  11. InoxGecko

Looks promising, can't wait to try it out.

But really, an AI buff, it's like SOE wants us to spam that **** into crowded hallways.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nogrim313

or drag on through months of overpowered ******** like the last time
  13. Ranik

To be fair. You'd have to fire something like 8-9 shots into an infantry previously. Now it might have some actual anti-Max use.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ztiller

The AI buff is largely irrelevant and was probably done because they were sick of seeing 500 threads with people whining nonstop about how it "ONLY" does 100 damage, even if that number is completely pointless.

I'm sure SOe have done the same to make the Striker kill a Flash in one mag, even if that TOO is a pointless change since any shot less than 2 is pretty much useless anyways (And it shouldn't kill in 1 shot anyways)

They are just taking away the rallying cries from the forumsiders who doesn't know anything about how the game balance works.
  15. Maljas23

You seem to really hate TR Fourmsiders.
  16. Ronin Oni

Actually, Higby said that was a very real reason for the adjustment.

It's damage stats in game will now more closely resemble other AV damage weapon profiles.

It also makes it actually kill a Flash in 4 rockets instead of 6 IIRC... so you can actually kill a Flash!!! :eek:

The main buffs are the auto fire which increases RoF by a significant amount, and the CoF tightening which will be very important alongside that RoF buff.

I don't think it's too much by any means. I'm not even convinced it's enough. But it's a strong step in the right direction, and doesn't sound like it's going to be OP which is important. Better to make smaller steps in the right direction, and make smaller and smaller adjustments as you narrow in.
    • Up x 2
  17. Flag

So... yes? You do want it to be OP/stronger than the rest?
  18. bl33ping

can't wait to try it out. its becoming more unique now. just have to buff the velocity and possibly add homing for ground vehicles. after all, our old striker locked onto both air and land ;)
  19. AdmiralArcher

its only getting full auto (still only has 5 rounds)

and its indirect damage is being bumped up to 200 so it can actually damage MAX units rather than tickle them sexually
  20. AdmiralArcher

eh currently its not the worst gun......ok statistically it is, but its actually accurate enough to hit things in hipfire...things like a sundy....i have gotten ~30 ish kills with it in the past few days. it works.....but just barely, this update should make it far more effective.