G9 Error after 2/10 patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by 1508AD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. HLM

I used to get this same behaviour maybe a few months ago. Every single day in fact I'd have to go though a no-login/crash/login/lag cycle before getting in.

Difference was I would usually get in after a couple of tries, and I seemed to be the only one in the world with this problem.
    This time at least there are a couple other people suffering with me...
  2. Polarixis

I've got three characters, one from each faction, all of which are on Briggs AU. Every single time I try to log in to Briggs on any character it comes up with a loading bar with the continent name, and it loads to 100% then crashes and gives me G9.

This has been happening for about 3 weeks now, so frustrating. Get your s*** together SOE, Aussies want to play this game too
  3. Primefury

Still have this problem too after Friday's update. I live in Sydney so I don't think it's a coincidence.I play on Emerald with main but have same issue connecting with other chars to different servers.

Probably did something to sort out hitching and borked the connection ...

Well one more day and if it's not sorted then I'll be playing this game for free, then I won't feel so disappointed
    when stuff like this does happen, and boy does it happen ...
  4. HLM

So far I believe it's only been players in the "Rest of World" area. I'm in NZ myself.
    The worst thing about this is as far as I know there has been no response from SOE. I guess since the entire player base isn't having this issue, it's not a problem. LoginSide 1.0 took long enough to acknowledge, and that was the entire Briggs population...
  5. HLM

UPDATE:

Thanks to someone else's suggestion, I tried using wireless rather than the wired connection, and it worked.
    I've never had wireless on this PC (had to install a spare network card I had) but doing that let me play the game again.

Of course this is not an ideal solution by any means. Not everyone is going to have spare network cards lying around that they can try.

Unfortunately I don't really know enough about networking to be able to say why this works and help fix the problem. But I will pass this temporary fix along.
  6. LittleYeti

yes Im in NZ and can't get on Briggs or Connery it loads to 99 or 100% load then after about a minute it get the
    Game Error G9

Malfunction:

We've encountered a problem. Please try again later.

no fun for me
  7. CelticKnight86

Yep. I'm on Briggs & i'm getting the exact same error. Verify Game Files/Reinstall etc nothing fixes it.

What the hell??
  8. Primefury

Oh dear... tech support just got back to me

Apparently the same day I managed to log onto the game, download the patch and not be able to get on again with the G9 error ........ is actually the same day my internet provider f****** up my connection or so the support technician tells me.

Really??? Really ??

Anyway cancelled membership and will not be renewing. A man can only take so much.

Adios
  9. CelticKnight86

That's not really a big help. did the technician explain how to fix the problem? Does ANYONE have any tips on how to fix it? I haven't called Tech Support yet, because I figure someone has the solution to it ?

Or do we wait for the Devs to patch out the bug?? whatever it is.
  10. HLM

Yup, someone else on the Briggs reddit got the same response from "support". That it's the ISP's fault and not theirs. Funny how a bunch of different ISPs in different countries all developed some sort of problem the very same day PS2 was patched. What a coincidence!

So far the only solution that has been found is to use a different network adapter. In my case I installed a spare wireless adapter I had. If you usually use a wired connection, take it out and turn on wireless if you have it.

For whatever reason, PS2 has decided it doesn't like our current network adapters and requires new ones.
    I'm not too knowledgeable with networking, but I wonder if there might be a way to trigger this behaviour without having to actually swap out any hardware?
  11. Primefury

HLM you are a star!

Didn't quite believe what you were saying, but tried it - pulled network adapter out and switched to wireless. Bingo! Straight in.
    So absolute complete bulls**t from SoE tech support ... no surprises there.

Somehow they've f***d up something with network adapters ....

I will respond to ticket and see what happens .. just a shame my wireless signal isn't strong enough to play wirelessly.

HML thanks again.
  12. mixmax

Yea same here guys, can't get in with my desktop G9 Error but when I try wireless I get in just fine.
  13. m00eh

G99 error now sigh

I bet the server that accepts money never suffers problems without getting fixed a million times over with ten million systems in place for backup to insure the flow of $ never stops
  14. Chrislocho

Just a heads up m00eh, games in maintenance :p It also says it in red at the forums page

G99 Error

There is an issue connecting to the login server. The servers may be down for maintenance or game updates. Please be patient and try again a little later. Be sure to check the forums for announcements on planned server shutdowns and estimated downtimes.
    If there has been no notification of a server shutdown, validate your game files from the LaunchPad and make sure that Planetside 2.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe and launchpad.exe are all set as exceptions in your firewall/antivirus program(s).
  15. sando

Yep same here. I can login, create/delete characters but when I load the game it crashes at 100%. This started after Oct 2nd update. I have been playing since it was release with little to no problems until now. Friend of mine can login and play with my account on his machine no problems. I understand if my rig couldn't play it in the first place but to suddenly stop now. Just weird.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice. Followed some tips on deleting certain files and then validating install. Validated both through launchpad and steam.

I have tried both Briggs and Connery but both produce the same issue.
  16. sando

Hi all,

I have issued a ticket to SOE and my first reply is below. It didn't help me but might help someone else.

In order to possibly resolve this issue I would like you to try the following:

1. Click the Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.

2. On the Start Menu, click within the search box and in the field type "run" without the quotations (or for previous versions of Windows click the "Run" option).

3. In the box which pops up type in "cmd" without the quotation marks.

4. A command prompt will now appear. In this window type in "ipconfig /flushdns" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.

In the case that your issue persists you will need to try resetting your system's Winsock settings. To do this, re-open the command prompt windows using steps 1 - 3 listed above and type in the command "netsh winsock reset" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.
  17. HLM

Today, out of interest, I decided to remove the wireless card I had installed and go back to wired to see if PlanetSide would work. (Spoilers: it didn't.)

So I tried the above suggestions - flushdns and winsock reset, testing and restarting between each. (more spoilers)
    In fact it is now even worse. Whereas before I could at least spawn into Connery before being instantly disconnected, now I can't even get past the 99% loading screen.

Back to wireless I guess.

I'd appreciate if you could let SOE know with a reply to your ticket that these fixes aren't working, and to refer them to this thread.
  18. LittleYeti

come on SOE this is are second time that i can remember we have had more than a week with no log into game this year please say you can get it up and ring faster than last time
  19. Ganga

Yeah, I'm at my wits end. Liased with support and sent them info. Now they want a truckload more off my computer. I love the game but it is really getting all to hard. Surely you know what you changed to do all this SOE??
  20. sando

Yeah I have been. Got two more possible work through solutions to post for everyone to try. It didn't work for me but hopefully it will work for someone else.