ZOE Nerf Seems Biased

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BULLET010, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Serafine

In other words: it sucks.

Actually now the NC shield is the only ability that's not total crap, although even aegis is still far from "good".

[IMG]
    Actually charge is now far superior to ZOE.
  2. CNR4806

As long as the ZOE defenders keep wearing that smug face about how ZOE is alright and everyone else needs to L2P, I'm going to ignore the massive over-nerf and pretend that it's balanced, which is the same attitude I have toward the Harraser.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ceskaz

You can argue than ZOE is going to suck, not all VS MAX gameplay (VS MAX has good, versatile weapons)
    I admit, than, in my opinion, Aegis shield is now the best ES ability of MAX, and mostly because it is fun to use (and not because its the finest thing in the world: I find it good, but it has limitation whereas charge offers more versability of use).
  4. sindz

ZOE is useless and a waste of certs, anyone certing that ability wears their pants on their heads.

Its typical SOE behavior tho, when you have en OP ability, nerf it so **** for 6-12 months then buff it back up a bit.
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Not everyone has held that attitude. The faction used what they were given by the development team, a mistake implimented into the game and compensated for by another mistake due to misguided anger permeating the forums towards those who did what any faction would do.....................use what they were given.

I understand this process has transpired to every faction, and the population takes turns snickering like children after they complain in droves about an obviously overpowered mechanic until it's essentially eradicated. It has to stop though...this can't go on in a game where we are bleeding population for a multitude of reasons, THIS included.

We need to stop acting like children and start trying to actually support the ACTUAL balancing of overpowered concepts brought into the game...rather than encourage the development team to do something quick and brash. Granted. the ZOE nurf wasn't quick...I don't know why it took them so long to attempt to fix it.

I think that everyone can agree by now that due to the niche oriented behavior of everyone's faction specific abilities, none of them are truly a side grade to Charge. NC have the best ability their is now...but it's not a great ability, it's just interesting and situational good to have. TR have had the worst ability up until now.

We need to be working towards common grounds and trying to get everything in the game fun for those who use it and fair for those standing against it, otherwise we're going to continue to see this game decline in population. I don't know about you and everyone else, but I don't want to see that happen. I want this game to see its true potential and expand beyond the set limitations developed by fear towards the falling population...because it's their reluctance to delve into unexplored territory and slowly pull everything closer together that has caused this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ivalician

Whoaw... this is like meta pay to win. The wording... so you weren't paying the subscription because you enjoy playing Planetside and wanted to support SoE, or that you wanted the other bonuses?

"Nope, just wanted ZoE. No ZoE, no monies. That's where the buck stops SoE!"
  7. Xasapis

To be fair, they let TR farm the other two factions with their vehicles for a long long time. And while the VS MAX slightly outperformed the TR one pre patch, you had weapons like the marauder that were five times better than the other two empire specific equivalents.

I do agree that Lockdown is as useless as ZOE is now, leaving NC with the only useful empire specific ability.

Well, current ZOE has a huge identity crisis. It received a huge armor debuff to compensate for the mobility, yet when the mobility was crippled, the debuff wasn't toned down. The damage increase was negligible before (one extra bullet from a platform that fires with two guns), but after patch said damage is one third of it's previous negligible state and only at close range, where it is not needed. Cooldown means you can't use it as a positional tool, especially considering how much better Charge is for that role. You can't deactivate it if you overextend, making it as others have said, a suicide suit.

I would advice any new players to stay clear from this version of ZOE and not waste their certs. Veterans with more certs than sense can experiment with it and I'm sure somebody can put some extraordinary effort and make it work for him. But then again we had people with auraxium medals in MAX punches and the flare gun.

You can still use resistance. In fact, since you'll be taking 30% less damage, you'll heal up to maximum faster. I've been using Charge + nano repair for months before ZOE was decimated and it was and still is a very viable combination.
  8. Ttariel

Just remove maxes all together.
    As long as there is 1 max on this planet somebody will cry over it.

In a personal standpoint i dont mind maxes and even as vanu player i think ZOE did need a nerf.
    But we know SOE ( no offense, i still like you guys for some cosmic reason ) has still some silly steps with nerfing haha.

I would have liked it way more if ZOE got a small nerf and the other 2 special uses ( shield and lockdown) a little buff so everybody is semi onpar.
  9. Synister

While a buff would've been nice to have on the TR/NC abilities, you can't really buff lockdown without the paper stats seeming really OP, and the Aegis shield is extremely flawed as it doesn't favor the PlanetSide 2 hit detection mechanic. By the time you pop your shield, the grenade the other person threw at you has already detonated, registering as a huge hit of damage to the MAX on their screen. The only feasible thing was to nerf ZOE, athough I feel they over-nerfed it
  10. Astealoth

Problem there is the Marauder is definitely not and never was better than every weapon available to that slot. A lot more people run Halberd because it was clearly better. Marauder is actually rather annoying to use compared to the Halberd even in it's pre nerf state. The Saron is a much better general purpose weapon also. If you deny that you really haven't used both. The Marauder is only good for driving past crowded Sunderers, which is not a situation you should hard tie yourself to trying to do exclusively. The other factions never had anything even remotely similar in the ZOE role.
  11. PanzerShrimp

Biased?

Still the best Max ability out of the three.
  12. tapiste

OMG NC & TR are always crying against vanu. I was here when MAX abilities had been create and NC - TR was very happy about their max abilities... If you was asking to them to change their abilities with the vanu one they was laughing. NC & TR are to bad to use their brain that's all they need a nerf in order to help them 'cause they're loosers. When they're in their tanks, if its not as easy as before there is a problem.

When i see a fair TR player say "ZOE is good but i feared the much more vanu charge user mostly cause you didnt expect it."
    its a shame...

One funny things was active/desactive, u was able to nerf each stat u want but u decided to kill the game...
    Each time the same things we're not supposed to use brain each upgrade should be simple to use. Not only planetside & sony, they killed videogames. This videogame have tanks infantry and weapons but u can't play with a lot of different things, all people play as the same way there is only few accesories and how can u kill the ZOE.

PS : When using ZOE ur in pink, all ur ennemies NC & TR see u from faaaar away, Aircraft infantry and tanks target u at long range. I was thinking its enough... damage increase etc... i'll never understand it xD
  13. Gendomaoken

Nice Necro, mr necromancer. 5/10. You tried.
  14. TriumphantJelly