[Vehicle] Magrider roadkilling ability

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xasapis, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Xasapis

Did anybody else notice how easy it became to actually roadkill enemies now? Not as easy as it is to kill friendlies, but still orders of magnitude easier than before.

That was an unexpected and undocumented change. Was it intentional?
    • Up x 1
  2. trustedaid

DUDE...why did you say something? Now the TR and NC are going to that the Magrider's outperforming the other two at roadkills and we'll have a Magrider that blows up the second it touches anything. Happened with the Scythe and now it'll happen with the Magrider....I blame you...
    • Up x 1
  3. Alkezo

If anything it seems worse to me. Just yesterday I rammed a TR straight on in the center of my screen. He survives yet an ally who wasn't even touching the damn vehicle falls dead by my hands.
    • Up x 2
  4. Linus

The Max units still can go through the hitbox of my Magrider without being harmed. I feel no difference.
    Road-Killing is always tricky & random but it is easier if you try to hit enemies with the flanks of your Vanu Tank.
    Some people say that the Magburner and the higher speed are helping, but this is wrong or at least not obvious.
  5. patrykK1028

If TR and NC will manage to cry, that will mean they are idiots.
    Magrider had broken roadkill forever, if they finally fixed that, TR and NC mustnt cry, otherwise it would mean they want assymetrical balance (read: "we want our things to be the best")
  6. TriumphantJelly

Not just NC/TR are guilty of that, to point it out. But I do - sort of - agree.
  7. Pikachu

You mean I can't duck and expect to survive anymore?
  8. Vixxing

You'll be just fine... (as long as you dont wear anything purple/spandex, then you die instantly if within 10m!)
  9. Pacster3

Hint to all magrider pilots: The rear of the magrider is deadly, you just need to turn around, target them and....ehm...oh...never mind.... ;-)
  10. Vixxing

I actually magburned my Magmower straight into a bunch of 10-15 NC hooligans outside a Sunderer, i managed to get ONE kill! (the VS-stalker-cloaked infiltrator crouching UNDER the sunderer...) True story... :( (even uploaded it to Youtube but it got removed due to my "excessive swearing"!)
  11. trustedaid

I tried running over an AFK MAX the on Thursday and it wouldn't kill him. I don't have any performance kits on my Maggy either, so it's as low to the ground as possible. I think the devs have been trolling us this entire time.
  12. trustedaid

It was an NC MAX by the way.
  13. Pelojian

roadkills are tricky because where you see an enemy isn't where the server sees them. i've found it's alot easier to roadkill people by reversing over them.

Just yesterday on hossin was driving around in my prowler around a biolab fighting NC.

One NC wraith flash while cloaked got unlucky and went through a narrow area just as i was driving in from the other side and ended up as a roadkill.

I lol'ed in yell chat and he vowed revenge.
  14. Alkezo

Oh, I am fully aware of how the server deals with collision. The problem is, the guy never moved. He was just standing there. He didn't even duck. Running enemies over in the Magrider is just all sorts of ********.