Nerf PPA for a changed Saron

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Oct 1, 2014.

1. PeanutMF

The Mag is great at killing tanks, you just can't sit there in the open taking hits from enemies to win though.
  2. Ztiller

I will not accept any more chargeup weapons until SOE fixes the delay off the already pathetic Phaseshift and Spiker.
    • Up x 2
  3. AdmiralArcher

lower the damage overall, the rounds right now are too powerful to do this
  4. Linus

I am perfectly aware of that :)
    I only play stealth and sneaky flanking
    I was mostly describing some special situations when flanking is impossible and when the Magrider cannot really fight back from very far, because of the lack of punch. Those situations are not so rare on Indar or Esamir.
  5. Yeahy

Just use halbeard lol
    • Up x 1
  6. Mxiter

Well you ask to get the actual saron + the halberd in the same weapon?

Sorry but versatility comes with drawbacks.

It would requires less damages per shot (at least 1/3 damages) or longer reload (30% reload nerf) and maybe a slight velocity nerf to be balanced with others weapons that are specialized.

Examples:
    -the phaseshif that fills at the same time a SASR and a BASR roles and came with drawbacks.
    -The annhilator that is G2A and G2G can't dumbfire.
    -The phoenix that deals half damages to infantries, limited range and can't escape instantly camera mode (you have 2-3 sec delay)
    -ect.
    • Up x 1
  7. dngray

::EPIC FACE PALM::
  8. dngray

In lieu of impending PPA nerfs, I want to pump this thread and hope SOE considers my proposed saron change.
  9. dngray

Any other VS players in favor of this Saron change in lieu of an upcoming PPA nerf?
  10. iller

Saron is still the strongest / most versatile (as in accurate for AI) AV secondary of all of the MBT's.
    It needs a buff about as much as the Orion

The Halberd generally "feels better" to use in this hybrid role and the Kobalt has a higher KPH than the Banshee. But the Saron still has the highest range versatility of all of them and doubles as an AA threat
  11. IDayRax

I never had the chance to try the original saron
    but somehow I like your idea ....

someone has some video/image of old saron ?? I would appreciate it
  12. Foxirus

Problem with that is that games today are moving further and further away from requiring skill to use. If Average Joe (The general inexperienced player base) can't use it, Average Joe can't play. If Average Joe can't play, Average Joe quits.

Sadly, The Average Joe population outnumbers professional players probably 100/1 and when they quit, It looks really really bad to the accounting office. All that lost potential profit!

It is a great suggestion, Don't get me wrong.. But I cannot see SOE doing this because its making a weapon the Average Joe can't use good enough.

Everything, And I mean EVERYTHING has been dumbed down for the Average Joe.
  13. CNR4806

The Old Saron was a Better Halberd, which was enough of a problem on its own.

To top it off, what you're suggesting is a straight up buff to both the current Saron AND the old Saron by combining them into one, thus giving them each other's capabilities. It would require nerfing BOTH functionalities to make any sense.
  14. asmodraxus

Just roll back the Saron ai nerf that led to the PPA being used by everyone.

Or buff the Magriders main guns...
  15. zhesam

idk what was old saron, but now its ok, i main playing VS and don`t use PPA on my maggy(but mb couple of times in week, if i see that stupid enemy zerg want to be PPAned in one place and don`t use cover), so saron only. Yeah it has some troubles in comparison with other ES AV secondaries - time to kill in CQC, but i can sniping with it from distance. And it well performed in sneaky attacks from behind - which is main role of Magrider(hit and run tactic)
  16. Flag

No. Leave the Saron HRB alone.

That's not true.
    The old Saron was a downgraded Halberd, even if people like to tell you differently.
  17. CNR4806

Well, I'm certainly not an expert of the Saron of either iteration, so you're probably right.

The basic point remains unchanged though: The old Saron was a Halberd clone. Which is something that really should not be allowed to exist, as it means that one of them is bound to be almost objectively BETTER. (Same as what I think about the whole Annihilator vs Striker issue before the overhaul)
  18. patrykK1028

If PPA gets nerfed, Id like to see Saron buff.. But NO CHARGE UP, just old AI.
  19. Flag

The difference between the old Saron HRB and Halberd was that the Saron had 75m/s LESS velocity, a 0.25 second fire delay, but no drop. Damage was 100% identical.

I don't see the allure of the old Saron, considering that the Halberd back then was even or better in just about every way.
    The whole drop v. no-drop can be advantageous for both sides, so I don't put it up as an advantage or disadvantage for either weapon.

So yeah. People want the old saron because they're blinded by nostalgia.
  20. Zotamedu

Yes, you are wrong. The old Saron was broken and people complained quite a lot. It was not a high risk weapon since it had an insane range. It as basically the current Halberd. It is not a high risk weapon. It's a low risk long distance camping weapon. The current Saron and the Vulcan are high risk weapons since you need to be actually exposed and close up to use them. Also, such a change would render the Halberd useless for VS since you would have a combined close range and long ranged weapon. If you get that, TR needs to be able to run with Vulcan and Halberd at the same time. Does that sound balanced to you?