Want to beat the Emerald VS? Pull your ESF!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by trustedaid, Oct 3, 2014.

1. trustedaid

Seriously nobody on the Emerald VS will shoot at an ESF. If you pull a Scythe, your average lifespan will be less than 2 minutes. Switch over to the TR and NC, and your lifespan will be at least twice that, probably longer. I wanted to give flying on the other factions a serious show and MAN it's entirely stress free. You don't even need to do anything more than cert one rank of NAR. Did that then flew around for 10 minutes destroying Scythes without a single infantry even shooting me with an infantry rifle.

I have a fully certed Scythe and I'm lucky to survive more than 5 minutes in the sky (and I've got 160 hours of flying logged). I've flown a Mossie no longer than 2 hours now, with a near stock loadout (NAR 1, and extra reserve ammo 2 for the Needler) and it's an entirely different game. The only times I even died in my Mossie were because the Scythes ran into me.
  2. trustedaid

So I really don't see why the Emerald NC and TR are always whining about the VS. Just pull ESF's and farm the zergs. Free certs and you'll eventually run them dry of resources as well as people on points. Then just spawn camp.

Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy.
  3. LibertyRevolution

Mattherson VS made that server a no fly zone, they are infantry bias.
    Somehow I doubt the merger made the VS forget how to counter air...

If you are flying over them, and they are not shooting you down, then they don't consider you a threat.
    If you were a threat, you would have 2 burster and 4 lockons on you simultaneously...
    • Up x 1
  4. trustedaid

Yeah...no. I spend countless hours asking people to shoot down the ESF's because they're hovering right over head, farming all the infantry. No dice.

I'm getting the Banshee in a few minutes and going to test out Infantry farming to see how long it takes for them to decide they don't want me walking all over them anymore.

Also, try flying anywhere near the TR or NC and they'll shoot you just to shoot you. No reason necessary other than because you are the enemy. VS are brain dead mice with zero sense. I'm quite surprised they do as well as they do, ever. Guess it's because the TR and NC are horrible at infantry and don't feel the need to try and get better.
  5. trustedaid

Ask an Emerald VS to shoot down the aircraft and all you get is "i don't want to, if you want it down do it yourself"...while they're sitting in the AA turret, shooting at some infantry on the ground, instead of the 750 xp Reaver that's 10m in front of them.
  6. Liberty

The secret is to pull at most 1 or 2 ESF's and you can farm all you want. If you pull a noticeable amount you will have a flak nest on your hands in no time flat.
    • Up x 1
  7. trustedaid

Not really. Most of the VS are horrible at AA in the first place. They either use it for AI or they simply don't lead the target. Also, over the past week, there has been a full squadron of Mossies flying around Emerald completely uncontested. It's like 10 Mossies and the VS still refuse to get on AA duty. Rather they wanna spray at infantry while getting farmed by BR1's with trialed Banshees on their Mossies.

The VS simply won't shoot at the planes. MAYBE you will get one or two that try and pull AA but they're simply out numbered and the best they can manage is to get the ESF's to go to another VS hex and farm.
  8. Liberty

That is the air meta though if you know what you are doing as a pilot. Make a pass, too much flak, go farm somewhere else until they pull AA. Unless you have several flak maxes coordinating together in chat/ ts / etc the most you will ever do is deter air or get a kill against a bad pilot who insists on hovering despite taking flak.