Miller and Indar Locked

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Danagaming, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Danagaming

Lately I have seen a pattern occur. I don't know if it server side or in general some thing which I have missed in patch notes, but from my perspective INDAR continent has been maybe 20% of the time available to me to play. I love INDAR that's my favorite continent, but for example today INDAR has been locked about 7h+ (including downtime). Yesterday similar thing, I come from work Indar locked for entire 4h. This patter has been occurring past few weeks. Only exceptions when I have been able to play is at daytime or on weekends. We have had Alerts happen but for some reason it won't time to time unlock the continent, or if it does, it just unlocks continent other then INDAR.

I don't like to play on ESAMIR because I have enough winter already in my real life. HOSSIN is quite dark and atmosphere which I personally don't like at all (my eyes can't distinguish certain shades) so its not optional for me to play in there. Only exception is AMERISH, those million miles jump pands just don't appeal to me.

Is this just bad luck lately that INDAR has been locked in MILLER or is this a new "Feature" does anyone know?
  2. phreec

A lot of people are tired after 2 years of "Indar Only" so I guess they do their best to keep the fights on other continents.
    • Up x 2
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

4. Axehilt

Alerts are random when a server has lower population. Generally if factions play the alert right, it should end in a draw and the continent won't be locked. Otherwise, one faction wins and it stays locked until the server either gets enough pop or another alert is won.

The only unknown is whether alerts are entirely random. (Seems quite likely.) Apart from that (and when the alert triggers) all the factors are in players' hands so it's really up to them to determine which continents get locked.
  5. Danagaming

I just logged in and INDAR once again locked, including ESAMIR. I will bet that ESAMIR will get unlocked in next alert and INDAR will stay locked next 6h... Lets see how it will turn out to be.
  6. Bankrotas

No you don't understand. There possibly is a pact between all 3 faction alliances on Miller to keep Indar locked as much as possible.
  7. Axehilt

Well that'd just be a tremendously unlikely conspiracy theory. They'd have to be stupid enough to try it, and yet smart enough to make it happen, and the act of making it happen would involve playing 2 hours on the continent that apparently they hate enough to want to lock.
  8. D.C.V.

I was a Woodman player who was constantly forced to play on Indar due to the other continents being empty. Esamir for example would ONLY get populated during alerts. The rest of the time you would find a total of 20-40 people scattered around.
    The server merge moved me to Miller and i am really happy since Indar is no longer the most played continent and i can finally explore Esamir.
    I never understood why people love certain maps and never get bored of playing them(e.g. Indar in Planetside 2, de_dust2 in counter strike, karkand in Battlefield etc.)
    • Up x 2
  9. Danagaming

Imo its just how it looks like and ofc how it feels strategy wise. I can fly with Magrider in INDAR while in any other continent I can't so much. I can go on places where its hard to reach and I am able to flank enemies with ease because how the map in designed. Certain continents just appeals more to other.

But I came here to report that INDAR and ESAMIR are still locked from usage. I think the new EVENT thing screwed big time something related to alerts and continent being all the time locked. 30h+ and counting for INDAR being locked. Hopefully I will be able to even try an INDAR at least this weekend.

EDIT:

I have just realized that we haven't had any other alerts happen in past day or so then Pumpkin alerts, meaning our faction is not able to get benefits because new alerts do not reset old LOCKS, this is a bug! We ware wondering what SOE would break this time, it seems they broke ALERT system.
  10. Morti

I like indar because it's the perfect level of brightness. Esamir is blinding and Hossin is too dark/foggy.
  11. Inex

Considering that a rotating alert schedule should keep Indar locked roughly 25% of the time, I'd say you're almost spot on.
  12. Danagaming

It just happens to be every time I come online, locked. But current situation its been 31h+ locked.
  13. Inex

I wish I was that lucky. :(