Server Maintenance for Game Update October 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Hadronn

Would you do the favor and correct the info about the minimum system requirements, because since the last two game updates 4GB RAM is clearly not enough, even on low settings.

I like the patch notes btw, but the game in its current state is totally unplayable.
    • Up x 3
  2. 1nco

Never had an issue with the game except in the beginning, patch resolved it. SOE is, in my books, awesome on fixing stuff right away and listening to the community issues, if your machine barely rides the line on MIN requirements, expect it to run like crap. Compared to other online games the cheating is manageable, some companies such as Rockstar couldn't give a rip about hackers and all their games go down the toilet due to loser hackers, always there, never going to go away (Should be euthanized) But at least SOE bans the accounts, more than I can say for most big online games out there. Keep up the good work guys game is jacked to the max and looks awesome :)
    Quad i5 unlocked
    16 gigs of ram
    7970 and 500 watts RMS do a body good.
  3. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Soeh - played a little TR today. T-9 Carv :D "Little accuray update". I thought VANU were supposed to have the lasers. So now TR have a laser accurate bullethose of a headshot-machine. Nice. TBH I never had an issue with the CARV. Great gun. Now it is insane... Guess I'll play some more TR now.
  4. AnakinRecinos

Does anyone have random shaking on their screens? Or is it just me?
  5. dezusa

Check out muh paint skillz (Yes its intentional :confused:)

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  6. WarmasterRaptor

I had the pleasure to discover how utterly USELESS they could make the Striker.

Thank you, you had succeeded in disappointing me greatly.
    • Up x 1
  7. JavaBeanClass

FIX THE GAMEPAD CONTROLS ALREADY! Or better yet, stop breaking them once you *fix* it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jezs

How do you know that it doesn't achieve its goals before you remove it?
    • Up x 3
  9. m00eh

wtf did you devs do, a few tabs of LSD, some crystal meth, a few 40 ouncers of rye, superman a few hoes then code up this patch?

HEY EVERYONE CROSSHAIRS *patch breaks 15 other things* but... CROSSHAIRS!!

Half-Wit dev team is kill
    • Up x 2
  10. dezusa

[IMG]

Why wasn't this approved in the QoL update? :confused:
    my client is even crashing when im on the deploy screen (just logged in)
    • Up x 2
  11. ninzor

YOU CANT IGNORE THIS FOREVER.
    FIX GAMEPAD/JOYSTICK CONTROLS.
    WHY HAVE A TEST SERVER IF YOU DON'T TEST YOUR PATCHES b4 ROLLOUT?!
    THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME QC ON THIS.
    https://ps2issuetracker.com/browse/PS-168
  12. 3punkt14159

Dear Devs, just go on by posting on twitter or Reddit, so you dont have to read what your costumers think about your work you delivered right now.
    This patch is a completly fail, and its just another fail in the long history of Ps2 patches.
    • Up x 4
  13. Bernd Lauert

BTW: the new Striker - what is it good for? Unlike the other faction launchers, I requires me to expose myself to enemy fire way longer. But then it only does .. wait what? A ridiculous 100 damage per hit? So if I survive all 5 shots with the enemy knowing my exact position after the first and for some reason hit with all 5 - I have done a total of 500 damage to the target? Oh wow, that will teach them. What drug do I need to use to make me think thats balanced?

Also: I'm still not receiving the membership XP bonus I'm paying for. You really want me to downgrade to f2p, do you?
  14. Noktaj

When can we expect opaque crossairs that we could actually see?

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  15. Jimmie

Exactly what i thought. Nearly unusable.
    • Up x 1
  16. pavelman

well I did that did not pay attention to advertising, and waited a year.
    initially cut the FPS, although I put a more modern graphics card. and she suddenly is not supported. now the certificates for free passive cleaned everyday. now surely neither buy nor play no longer want. look, then you say " I5 throw in the trash," etc. etc.
  17. Orakel

Public holiday today in Germany ;) congrats to another fail patch from SOE....not even a small fix until now :D the pumpkin event could be nice, but not with this ammount of pumpkins for tons of players ...
    • Up x 1
  18. Who Garou

So I downloaded this patch last night.
    Tried to get into the game. Launcher worked fine. Game stopped loading at 94% for a long time. Finally - quite a while later -, the game started up and seemed to be having really bad issues resolving my characters in the character selection screen. Waited a while and decided that I needed to do a restart. Hit exit and it took a long time to exit the game.
    Did a restart. Ran virus checker
    Started the launcher again. Update took at least, but froze at 94%. Waited a while but it did not move. tried right clicking on the task bar icon and closing the client. It acted like it closed.
    Started the launcher again. Went strait to "playing" but the game didn't launch. closed the client.
    Started the launcher again. Froze at 94%. Waited a while. Gave up and used the task bar icon to close down the game. Tried to run it again - went strait to "playing", x'd the launcher, opened task manager, and PS2 is show to still be running. Manually shut it down.
    Checked for Microsoft updates - nothing. Ran system maintenance.
    Shutdown my computer. Unplugged my modem.
    This morning, started my computer. ran the virus checker.
    Started the launcher again. Froze at 94%. Checked about 10 minutes later. Still at 94%. walked a way for a while. came back and I had been timed-out for lack of activity. hit the disconnect exit button and it took a while for it to close.
    Started the launcher again. Froze at 94%.
    *Sometime around 20 minutes, the character selection screen started to resolve - but not even the population information has resolved let alone a list of my characters.
    *Sometime about 21 minutes : character list resolved, but it is having issues and not resolving character image. Changed characters - took a long time to even indicate that I has selected a different character. No character image. hit enter game.
    *Sometime about 23 minutes : Can't toggle back into the game. Task manager shows that the game is "not responding", but it is still taking up the majority of HD activity.

- Minute 26 :: Windows crash error reporting screen ::
    Planetside 2 Play Client
    Planetside 2 Play Client has stopped working
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
    available.

That's way more time than I should have wasted this morning to try to get this game running.\
    Please make use of this information.
    Thank you for attempting an update on a Thursday instead of a Friday. I'm seriously still wondering why Tuesday or Wednesday is a bad idea for updates, but one step in the right direction is one step in the right direction.
    I'm assuming there will be another patch or hot fix by the time I get home this evening. Maybe there is a chance that I will get to team with my outfit tonight.
  19. Devoneir

This update although okay, completely ruined my game. I can login, though I cannot play for even 10 minutes since the framerate stuttering is back and extremely annoying. It reaches a point the game just crashes with no warning and this rarely happened untill this patch came up.

*Checks Hotfix 10/3* ...aand ps2 is now officially unplayable untill next hotfix, 1 week later :(
    • Up x 1
  20. Ransurian

At the very least, it'll give SOE a sense of perspective once the forums become more and more saturated with complaints regarding client performance.