The Slightly Improved CARV?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by NoctD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. NoctD

Well - is it really better? Can it even begin to compare to the greatness that is found in the Orion and Gauss SAW?
  2. Edelhonk

with the SAW...yes when you catch him on close range...over long range, well...forget it.

to the Orion...hahahahahahahhahahaha...not even slightly

fun fact...the normal CARV who got access to a foregrip got the better horizontal recoil with the patch (so your Carv doesnt jump like a kangaroo on crack left and right anymore (or lets say it does it a little bit less) and with the foregrip you can reduce the left right even more...dont forget that you cant compansate horizontal recoil by skill like the vertical recoil) because the weapon was not accurate (and the stats show that more then clear)

BUT (and this is the joke)

the T9 Butcher still has the same ****** horizontal recoil of the old CARV...and this piece of crap cant even fit a foregrip...

I was so happy with the Butcher when it came out cause the only downside it had was the fixed 1x red-dot...then they nerfed it with the first patch where they made it a softpoint+50 rounds more normal CARV without access to forgrip or barrel attachments....and now those ******* nerfed it even more (cause the gap between the normal CARV and the Butcher became even bigger)
    • Up x 7
  3. Jaedrik

No. When the Butcher came out, it had the Flash Suppressor debuff.
    Which sucks massive ween.
    • Up x 1
  4. LibertyRevolution

Is this thread about the buff to the carv's horizontal recoil, or is this actually a butcher thread?
  5. Nakar

It was already really good, now it's even better.

It's less a buff to the CARV and more a relative nerf to the CARV-S, which already needed buffs to be comparable. Clearly what's needed are more CARV-S buffs (pretty pretty please SOE?).
  6. MaxDamage

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH.
    • Up x 1
  7. NCstandsforNukaCola

Less horizontal recoil means more effective range.
    Laser sight could be a viable option from now on.
  8. Casterbridge

New Carv is definitely an improvement, not sure I would go with the laser though, still think the grip is the best option overall.
  9. baka

Now, this could just be my imagination, but does the COF on the "new" T9 seem larger than that of the MCG at full spin?
  10. Mianera

Why is it called a CARV?
  11. Bennybones

The problem with weapons is that stats can tell you one thing yet you can feel something completely different. A lot of people are saying that this minor change will have no difference at all. Personally I feel that it made quite a big difference. Granted I main NC now and I don't play with the CARV as often anymore (run the Bull and MCG when I run TR mostly). However, I hopped on my TR yesterday and grabbed my CARV and proceeded to destroy everything around me.

I've always found the CARV to be the best LMG in the game, and it feels to me as if this minor tweak made it even better than it was previously. For me the CARV went from feeling great to feeling fantabolous. So yeah, I'd say it made a difference, but it could also be me just falling in love with my favorite LMG again after some absence from it.
  12. TripleVasectomy

I always felt the CARV was a beast of a LMG and was moderately accurate and controllable at medium range, but I kept a 1x reflex sight on it because of the horizontal shifting. The recoil change has made it feel much more stable. It was probably just enough to pull it inline with the other default lmg's in terms of performance and faction traits.
  13. ComradeHX

CARV is great now.

CARV-S just became relatively worthless.

I don't have butcher, hope it's buffed before I get it.
  14. Fellgnome

Still a piece of junk that's not worth its sacrifices to accuracy to have a large mag size, as is typical of TR weapons. Rather have an Orion, an Anchor, or an EM6.

EM6 has more damage per mag, much better accuracy, better attachments, and almost the same TTK. Anchor is same deal sans damage per mag but with superior CQC accuracy as well as ADS accuracy.

I'm sticking with MSW-R and TMG-50. My watered down VS gun and my watered down NC gun, yay.
    • Up x 1
  15. BobSanders123

Cycler. Automatic Rifle Variant

Or

Rip anything to shreds with a 100 round magazine.
    • Up x 1
  16. InoxGecko

Should be called T9-MLRN
    • Up x 1
  17. cruczi

Source ? Assault rifles are automatic rifles as well... :confused:
  18. BobSanders123

• Up x 2
  19. Bankrotas

So play NC, if you love NC weapons so much.
  20. Fellgnome

No. I want to play TR and I put most of the SC I got way back when the game was young on TR stuff. Plus I'm west coast. Don't really want to join Connery NC, or Connery VS at this point.

Also NC is the least aesthetically enjoyable faction to me. The yellow/blue color scheme especially.

And their ideology isn't appealing either.
    • Up x 3