Flash buffs are overkill.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mrasap, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Xasapis

Well, survivability is king most of the times. That's why MAXes and Galaxies are doing so well ;)
  2. Yuukikun

Funny you say that, in both case, majority agrees that they need more ''survivability'' for less fire power to make them more balanced.
  3. Mrasap

The gap between new players and experienced players remains huge due to the high cert investment needed before the flash becomes effective. The new patch did not fix this issue.

This case is not comparable to the dalton case as the dalton is purely skill based while the flash is mostly cert investment and part skill based.
  4. andy_m

I've not watched the video yet (blocked at work).

Does it mention the 360 degrees of rotation for the passenger seat?

I've always thought that the passenger facing backwards with a very limited angle of movement was a bit daft, but being able to turn a full 360 degrees seems even more unrealistic now...

Just saying :D
  5. gary the sewer hobo

I personally can't wait for this change, I've spent the last fortnight almost soley on a wraith fury flash and have gotten to the point where I can solo 1/4 MBT's. With a deci on the back I can't wait to be even more devastatingly effective. It won't be overpowered due to the skill, cert investment and teamwork required to pull it off.
    • Up x 1
  6. Mrasap

Very interesting to hear your opinion, thanks!

MBTs may still survive deci + 12 fury hits. However, lightnings will stand no chance.

I specifically said MBTs because the MBT crowd is more prominent on the forums compared to the lightning crowd.
  7. ZomboWTF

Flashes still die in one or two shots, while being slower than a Harrasser, so it's balanced in my book
    • Up x 1
  8. Nogrim313

honestly i hope its OP as hell compared to the old flash, yes that occasional pro is a nuissance but they are pretty rare. if it gets a big boost we might actually see a flash platoon as GASP! useful lol.

frankly 24 flashes with HA's on the back hitting an armour column sound hilarious and awesome. for 150 resources its about time it was useful dont you think?
    • Up x 2
  9. Bindlestiff

I politely request you and your flash stay away from me and my tank after the servers come back up, sir.
  10. Vixxing

Groups of wraithflashes can wreak havok on infantry outside sunderers... BUT a few tankmines and heavies with decimators is an effective counter so dont see a problem... (or even manning the Basilisks)
    • Up x 1
  11. Moz

Thats not an "issue", thats the game.....

Play ----> Earn certs -----> Spend certs ----> Profit play you put in.
  12. Govedo13

If one MBT does not hug the sunder the latter is cert pinata. AV MBT can effectively engage and destroy deployed sunders at 500-600m even if repaired by single engie and effectively engage and destroy moving battle sunders at 200m.

Battlebus is joke vs proper AV tank because proper AV tanks have stealth and good situation awareness, the bus cannot catch the tank by surprise because it uses blokade armour at the defence slot instead of stealth.

About the Flash- it would be worth it to cert it a bit and try it out.
  13. Brahma2

So you're trying to tell me that flashes... Are going to be OP?

It's about time.
    • Up x 4
  14. Moz

Totally agreed any 1v1 engagement in PS2 is very very situational also a very good point that if an MBT can keep distance it should pwn the Sundy.

Flip side of the coin from what you said is a good / experianced sundy crew will have an eye on posistion (biggest thing in any vehicle battle). If that Sudny drops on even the most experianced MBT crew in the game the MBT will get eaten alive with almost no time to even react. Same story, if the MBT spots the Sundy at distance the most experianced Sundy crew would struggle to stay alive.

TLDR: You are 100% correct, all these comparisons are situational.

About the flash, I maxed my wraith, auto repair and scrapper and got the renegade it prep for this shiney new patch!! :D
  15. SerasVic

If 2 flashes so 4 guys can "instant" kill a MBT only if they managed to get behind it then they deserve it
  16. Mrasap

It's only 50 resources. For 50 resources me and my buddy will wreck your lightning (350) and we will make you run for your life in your MBT (450).

Yeah, except that the flash is worthless unless you invest 2k+ certs in it. Unlike nearly all other vehicles and classes, which can still be useful at BR1. You don't even get a weapon to begin with. At least, that was the case when I started using the flash.
  17. Mrasap

You make it sound as if it is difficult. It isn't.

Remember, you are stealthed.
  18. SerasVic

It's not difficult, it's just teamwork of 4 guys should win IF they get the surprise element
  19. CaptainGallows

... really guys... People who don't use infiltrator always seem to want to push em down. Same with people who don't play HA.
    No matter how you look at it I don't see how this is OP. The video just proves that the tanks that get killed are the ones who are far too slow to react to the threat. The others completely decimate them.
    Not to mention the situational use... Try this on a group of tanks and you'll get squashed like a bug. Its the lone tank driver with slow reflexes that has a problem here. In my eyes it seems balanced unlike the deployment shield from the sunderer, and today's patch for the cloak. (1 visibility option= great. But its too visible unless you're deep cloaking, they should have went with something in between low and ultra quality... )
    • Up x 1
  20. Mrasap

I'm an experienced wraith user. You obviously don't understand the post.

Fury flash + decimator from behind will absolutely destroy lightnings and will have a very good chance against MBTs. The MBT crowd will whine on the forums and SOE will overnerf the flash. This scenario has happened multiple times before and I do not want this to happen to my beloved flash.