[Videos] This is how bad the Striker is nerfed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halcyon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MotionBlured

The effectiveness of a weapon becomes irrelevant when there's 10-20 people using it.
    • Up x 1
  2. squarebug

GEEZ that's bad. sticking with ml-7 skep and grounder.
    • Up x 2
  3. DatVanuMan

1. I never like the TR, but no. Just no.
    2. The Striker is getting some buffs, I believe. IT SHOULD.
    3. Damage increase is definitely needed, maybe a larger magazine, too.
    4. Please don't make the Lancer sound OP. The last thing we VS need is another nerf:(
    5. These changes are STUPID. Don't worry, I do believe I heard Higby mentioning a Striker buff, although he only included velocity.
    Otherwise, I like it better than the current Striker, but it is FAR too underwhelming and could use some obvious improvements.
    • Up x 3
  4. Crayv

Actually greater results since Annihilator users wouldn't have wasted their time firing all those overkill rockets and instead would be reloading and locking onto the next target.

With explosive bolts, yes... yes it is. It only needs 3 to kill a Flash, even if it needs 4 it is still faster due to a faster reload and only having to fire 4 shots.
    • Up x 1
  5. Drasilov

Got to factor in the tracking nerf as well. All any Air has to do to avoid a missile is fly downwards and your round will just plough into the ground every time. I wonder how many Striker rounds just impact on scenery in a real battle?
  6. Zotamedu

Great, you bring 20 peoples using only knives and I'll bring 20 people with SMGs or LMGs. Sounds like a fair fight?
  7. cruczi

20 people with Beamers killing Flash in half a second... wow! Beamer is so powerful!
  8. Halcyon

Except 10-20 people won't be using the Striker because it's DPS is so bad.
    Do you see swarms of Vanu using the Spiker in concentrated groups?

No, you don't.
    • Up x 2
  9. Chrispin

The Striker does not home in on ground targets.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ripshaft

You seriously think that's intentional?

really?

Why?

Any more likely explanations? Which server is it on? What status of development is the weapon? What have we heard from the devs about the changes?

Mayyybe the dumbfire is not intended for use against ground? Mayyybe? Did they say they were going to remove the lock-on? If so when/where?
  11. WTSherman

Yeah, there is no reason for the damage to be anywhere near that low. Especially since it's effectively dumbfire now.

If they do want to nerf the damage that hard, then the might have to actually let the Striker heat-seek onto ground vehicles too. Otherwise you've just got a dumbfire that hits like a wet noodle.
    • Up x 3
  12. Uberclocked

Oh, they added a flare gun I see.
    • Up x 4
  13. Chrispin

Yes it's entirely intentional. As a matter of fact Higby thinks it might be TOO powerful in its current PTS state:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/512673641020928000

LOL
    • Up x 5
  14. BarxBaron

TBH as soon as I heard about what he said I kinda gave up.

On everything, including this game's future. If they think the current PTS striker is anywhere near a near-instant render AV weapon or safety-spam-around-corners guided missle of screaming annoyance I just have no hope anymore.

They did add a much better scope though. One out of...alot...that it would take to make the thing usable ain't bad, right?
    • Up x 1
  15. Alkezo

This kind of needs attention. Striker needs a look at. I really like the change but it needs to perform better. Increase the projectile speed slightly and double the rate of fire. Keep everything else the same.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ransurian

I'd give the OP ten thumbs up if I had ten thumbs.
    • Up x 2
  17. sL360

Hahah, oh wow. Just...woooooow. They've 'redesigned' it, alright.

If they release this...thing, the way it is, I think I'm going to hurl. It needs a mag boost, a fire rate increase, or..SOMETHING.
    • Up x 2
  18. Ransurian

Rate of fire and velocity is always is nice, but the weapon's overall damage per magazine is its biggest issue. When a five-round magazine of rockets can't destroy a simple flash, there's a very serious problem. Period.

So, anyway. My suggestion would be to buff the striker's rate of fire by something like 20 - 30%, its damage per rocket by an equal amount, and its projectile velocity by around 10 - 15%. A machine gun for a rocket launcher sounds fun, but it probably wouldn't play out well as far as balance.
    • Up x 1
  19. Vixxing

Well, Railjack without zoom and 2 seconds chargeup... Chargeup makes it 75% harder even...
  20. Ztiller

The Striker will get buffs if it shows that it needs buffs. The Forumside balance department frequently shows that they have no clue whatsoever about how balance works, and the numbers of posts i have read here where the players don't even know the basics of splash damage or resistances is staggering.

SOE will release the Striker UP, just like they released the Valkyrie UP, because they learned from the first Striker, ZOE and first Harrasser release what happens when you introduce something ridiculously OP. The Coyotes was UP as hell when they were released, look at them now.

The players have time after time complained about SOE releasing OP weapons and now that they choose to instead release them UP and then buff them later you complain about that instead.

You asked for this. You asked for a Coyote Striker. You asked for SOE to stop releasing OP weapons. If this had been a VS/NC weapon getting reworked, all the TR would be saying that it's ok for it to be UP at first and buffed later.

So bite the sour apple and accept that sometimes you get the short stick aswell. Once the Striker is actually released, then you can talk balance. Until then, the only people who actually have any idea what they're talking about are the people who have done the math, and the people on SOE.