So, um....how about that air, huh?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pondera, Sep 28, 2014.

1. IamnotAmazing

1. That explains why you're br54

2. Yes and the other 3/4 that don't use sound you're going to oneclip so what does it matter?
  2. ronjahn

I'm going to skip reading all the replies and just say that if you got shot out of the sky 4 times by the same Vanguard, you have nothing/no one to blame but yourself. How did Einstein define insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is how.

You do realize you can fly above tanks and shoot down on them from an angle which would literally make it impossible for him to shoot back at you right?

How many of those 56 rockets were actually hits? Pretty sure 56 rockets takes out a tank.

Were you aiming for the rear?

Did you have any friends with you or were you lone wolfing?

I personally don't believe that you have much time in an ESF and this post can be blamed on inexperience and skill.
  3. Alan Kalane

Want a zerg screenshot?
    [IMG]

And you don't complain about infantry being OP against tanks? Something new. Actually even I think that tanks are a bit underpowered against infantry...however the infinite resources make up for that.

A MANA turret is free, quick to build and can shoot you from further than 400m. Just face it, even if it rendered you couldn't shoot back with your tank. Same for Lancer/Ravens.
    So when there are no enemy vehicles you go somewhere else? You don't stay there, camping the spawnroom right? You go against a tank zerg and try to take it out ? Well, in this case sir, you are one of the very few who do so.

You don't get this... It's not about being able to counter a vehicle, it's about the feel of an achievement,a long term investment. It's like the difference between "I've been gathering resources to pull this vanguard for half an hour, now let's kick some serious A$$ with it!" and "Meh, I just died, gonnah pull this paper vanguard again".

Hah, you're so wrong bro.
    Usually it's me farming other people cuz I also use vehicles (too much lately) .
    Guess what, it feels BOORING!
  4. Stormsinger

Yep, got em, use em, I can usually pinpoint the general position of an infiltrator by the cloak sound from ~75 meters over the sound of 30 tanks attempting to blow through spawn shields. 7.1 surround headphones are good for this. I look up every time I hear air: Most don't, and sometimes there is enough air that another mossie buzzing overhead doesn't stand out.
  5. IamnotAmazing

I guess the esf noises stick out if you fly a lot, at least they're super obvious to me
  6. Stormsinger

Indeed, to me as well - but try picking up one amidst 20 (If you can, I applaud you - I can't. :p ) - Without looking at the minimap, you'd have to stare up continuously to track them all. The ones with stealth won't show unless spotted, so it's easy to line up a strafing run uncontested, more often then not.
  7. LibertyRevolution

Hmm you chose that one eh?

I like this one better if I am picking one from my photobucket:
    [IMG]
    Oh how I miss old the old waterson TR prowler spam....

NC ZERGING:

TR Air ZERG:

NC Air ZERG:

VS ZERG:
  8. Vixxing

If anything Magrider needs some insane buffs against air... for starters all secondarys should be able to point 90 degrees skyward and serious gun elevation buff...
  9. Bixli

..darn , be a real woman & use sauron !
  10. LibertyRevolution

I think all tanks should have their main cannons locked to no more than 15º. No tank should be able to shoot up.
    They should be completely helpless cert pinatas to air unless they equip an AA secondary.
    The AA secondary should still only be a deterrent, it still shouldn't be able to anything but the most oblivious hover spammer.
  11. Brahma2

It's hard to make air work well... but it can still work well.

This is a problem?
  12. Jawarisin

It seems like it's more of an issue about bad pilots than anything... As far as air aces or whatever go, most don't give a damn about ground, except when in libs. They hunt other aircrafts. Now, ESF are SUPPOSED to be the ones going to kill the liberators. And coupled with AA, it makes it quite easy, except again the best pilots, and even then... An ESF should and will win most of the time.

It's normal for newer player not to be as good as older players... Should we revamp chess to be more noob-friendly?

Who do you think kill lolpodders... And as far as goes, 2 skyguards can kill ANYTHING (air) with no trouble. And as far as goes, the reason the skies aren't FILLED with lolpodders and such is because there's pilots to keep the air clean. Most good pilots are willing to teach newbies, but when they try to hit you with lock-ons, send you hate tells, or don't talk (which is usually the case), how do you help someone?
    That would be like a tourist looking for a specific street and not be willing to ask anybody or look at a map... And as far as goes, there is PLENTY of websites/videos that can help you learn to fly.
  13. ColonelChingles

Why? Why not ground-based AA?

And if your answer is "because the Devs said so", you need a stronger argument than that.
  14. Axehilt

Air in general is still plenty effective. You still have to respect all the ground-based threats, but if you do it's a powerful playstyle.

I'm not really on the Hornet bandwagon yet. I'm trying them out a fair amount recently, but they just still feel like inferior rocketpods. I'm sure after more practice my aim will improve to make them more reliable against ground targets, but their capabilities against infantry and aircraft seem just flat-out worse than rocketpods, as is their effective range. I don't feel they're a bad weapon, but I'm struggling to see why I'd want to take them over rocketpods for A2G work.
  15. FBVanu

IMHO, Air is still a bit overpowered.. but I'll live with it.

If MattiAce can do it, so can plenty of other pilots... and they blow up my lightning and tank far too often..

Plenty of videos online of air taking out ground targets, infantry and armor, with impunity..
    If your rockets didn't kill that tank, maybe you missed ?.
  16. Jawarisin

There is AA on the ground that can kill liberators. But you need more than one source of AA, unless you see the liberator coming, and he's being stupid. But then again, two sources and you can blast him off the air. ESF can solo libs because they can track them around, you can't run away from the ESF.
  17. ColonelChingles

So if the problem is that one ground AA unit can't kill Liberators because their window of engagement is too short (they can't chase down a Liberator like an ESF can), why not simply make ground AA deal much more damage than ESFs to make up for their shorter engagement window?
  18. Jawarisin

Because the render range is 1000 meters. That means you can hit the aircraft before it can even see you. Also because it's not supposed to be an insta-gib-every-air. The same way that having an AP lightning doesn't mean you can go defeat every other vehicle single handedly. This is a team game.

And If you really want to solo a lib, just pop out of lightning->dumbfire-> in lightning and finish him off. Of course this is not easy, but pilotting ain't easy either :)
  19. ColonelChingles

The render range for a Skyguard is the same as the render range for aircraft, is it not? If my Skyguard can see the aircraft, then that usually means that the aircraft can see me. Vehicles have the same render distances I believe.

Except why can a TB Liberator instagib my Lightning? If we want to make it so that a single-person Liberator can't instagib my Skyguard then that would be fair.

The problem remains that it is far easier for a 1 person Liberator to kill a 1 person Skyguard than the other way around. Skyguards don't deal enough damage to stand on a fair footing against a 1 person Liberator. This is why Skyguards need to be buffed so the TTK of a 1 person TB Liberator against the Skyguard is the same as the TTK of a 1 person Skyguard against a Liberator. :)
  20. Jawarisin

1- A Solo lib can't 1v1 a skyguard if the skyguard is minimally good. It's extremely easy to avoid a few TB hits or not get hit in the back, and then it's only a matter of finnishing it off. No, render distance for aircraft is farther :/

And a TB can only instagib your lightning if he hits 40~ out of 44 rounds IN YOUR BACK. Meaning if you just turn a bit, or move a bit, it's nearly never going to happen. If you ever piloted, you would know those things.