Ever shot at an HA, had them whip around and kill you without losing HP?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kriegson, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hatesphere

it might just do that, since someone has a "feeling" that its op, do we have any stats that show how often people are killed just pulling out a med kit in the first place?

I would rather have the regen kit improved. give it the ability to give you regen past hitting full health so it has more synergy with other ability's.

something like

slower regen then we have now
    ability to "over heal" health to some degree
    regen effect hangs around for a bit after hitting max health so you can quickly dive behind cover after taking damage and get a bit of health back at a slow rate.
  2. SinerAthin

It's not really a nerf.

I use the medkits a lot myself, but don't see it as a nerf.

It is more like fixing an exploit. While medkits were meant to be lifesavers, I don't think the developers ever imagined people chugging 4 at a time to survive someone shooting them right in the face.
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

DA stats tracks how many times you die with a medikit in your hand, that help?
  4. Yuukikun

nope, it would be l2p and don't die without using more than 1 medkit.
  5. LibertyRevolution

lol, I carry 4, so why limit myself to 1. Maybe you should L2P buddy.
    Now go cry in a corner about how my HA has 3600 HP.

Oh and my medic.. oh boy, max AOE heals and 4 medikits.. much tears, such L2P.
    I can tank your entire mag from your carbine, then take my time to pistol your face as you reload.
  6. Shadowomega

Liberty when the resources switched to nanite resources did you still have a pool of 40 medkits? If so that will explain why you haven't used the resources for medkit your pool still hasn't been used up yet.
  7. Yuukikun

you're right, i should l2p, mr negative KDR.
  8. LibertyRevolution

I highly doubt that, I am sure I used more than 40 since the resource revamp..
    I am not afraid to use them, resources are not a concern to me, I don't play vehicles much..

Same goes with my Conc nades, I throw them and my resources stay at 750, and I know for a fact that I don't have a stock of those.
    I toss a conc at a single enemy, I throw one at least every other life, most time I use one every life, even if it is with my dying breath.

Good comeback bro, like KDR matters at all, I can respawn in under 8 secs and cost nothing.
    • Up x 1
  9. Shadowomega

Lucky you Liberty, I have burned my nanite pool from full to empty plenty of times post resource patch.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Concs and medikits cost 50 nanites each, I make 75 resources a min as aurixum member.
    So I can toss one or use one every 45secs and stay at the 750 cap.

Hell, a sunderer only has to last me 2.5mins before I can pull a new one and still be at the 750 cap.
  11. Taemien

Try a Cyclone. The DPS is high enough that they won't be able to press F in time, much less turn around. When not using a SMG, I usually pop a shot off and then duck behind cover. Then engage them again. Usually works. If they leave the shield on, its at half and they haven't moved. If they turn it off, I finish them off (regular shields don't regen while overshield is up).

Medics with their AOE heal... there's no defense against that. The good thing is most DON'T use it like a HA shield. If they did.. we'd have issues.
  12. phreec

I'm glad how ever since the resource revamp, consumables spam like this is no longer a Members Only type of deal.
    • Up x 2
  13. iller

14. Poppington

The resources are used when you respawn. So say you use 4 - you'll respawn at 550 resources. They are essentially infinite.
  15. Yeahy

Resist shield doesn't stack with nano right?
  16. Maljas23

Oh wow. Now that's classy.
  17. Cransoon

18. DHT#

Plenty of them do, but it's significantly slower than the HA's overshield instant 600 health, so the effect isn't nearly as noticeable.
  19. Dracorean

I'm telling you guys, those utility things really need to go! Class specific utilities are fine but similar utilities for 'every class' just makes them way too self sufficient!

Though I can't say I'm not impressed at what you did in that vid there.
  20. Bankrotas

Yeah, but doesn't resist shield only protect from damage up to 400?