Planetside Freezing during Character Selection

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sephuran, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Sephuran

I'm getting a constant game freeze whenever I select a character and hit play. I've tried this about 6 times now and only once has it progressed to in-game. I've had zero issues from the game up until now so has anything changed?
    • Up x 1
  2. abigdeal

same deal here, happening to anyone trying to get in

server:briggs
    • Up x 1
  3. MykeMichail

Same issue here. Validating game files now to see if it fixes it. Also on Briggs.

Edit: Okay I just logged into Connery with absolutely no issues. Problem must be isolated to Briggs.
  4. Exanimated

Same issue since last night. No issues on Connery. Only Briggs

If you continue pass the freeze, client crashes and G15 error shows up.
  5. MykeMichail

6. Ian_M

Same here. Though it was the PC at first. Checked the game assets, drives for errors & turned off overclocking but still the same.
    This is stopping us playing the game
    It seems to be happening after the small update a couple of days ago.
    I could play on European or US servers but the lag makes it pointless.
    Briggs population is low at primetime on the weekend. Have those at SOE not even noticed?

Will this be another LOGINSIDE?
    I really hope not.
  7. tahn1000

this is ridiculous. i logged in and played just this morning and now i'm getting this G15 error message that i need to change my firewall settings. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING - EVER - TO MY FIREWALL SETTINGS!

i can see other people must be playing because of the server populations. why can't i????
  8. FizzyMan1

Yep I did have the same problem, could not get in to Briggs kept crashing when trying to log in about 6 times,
    I tried deleting the certain files then trying to validate the game..... no go...

Then I did a download of the games install exe and did a reinstall/repair, selected the current install of the game...
    and ...... IT WORKED FOR ME...... i was back in and playing.
    if you have not tried it may as well give it a go.