Can my computer handle max settings Planetside 2?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mohd Faris, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Mohd Faris

My specs:

Acer Monitor 1600x 900 resolution (900p) ( Yes my monitor sucks)

MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz (this is stock speed )
    Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Cosair h100i
    EVGA Supernova 1000w
    Motherboard Asus B85-Pro Gamer

Can it run PS2 @ 60 fps consistent?
  2. sagolsun

With that resolution, a 480 GTX could max out the graphics. Your bottleneck is the CPU. Overclock it.
  3. Mohd Faris

O_O

My cpu can handle my former GTX Titan no problem.So your saying that Planetside 2 is a CPU Hog? Im quite ignorant when it comes to MMO games though.
  4. Joay

What are you even asking. Hyperthreading is irrelevant (for now at least). There isnt really anything more powerful available and you ask if it can run it?

Some poeple (a lot) have soemtimes problems running it but its not an issue of the system, so, yes, you'll be fine.

PS. the cpu goes turbo to almost 4Ghz i think so overcklocking is relative pointless anyway
  5. baka

Do some research and overclock that CPU - you already have liquid cooling in place and the K series cost more specifically because they expect people to overclock. Realistically you could go to 4.2 or 4.3 with only changing the mutliplier and no voltage tweaking.
    WIth the 980 (please post your play experience with it!) your CPU should pretty much always be your bottleneck.
    Just set the game to Ultra and even consider bumping the RenderQuality to 1.23 or 1.41.
    I have a 3570K at 4.2 on an air cooler with a 660ti - I see GPU most of the time now with the in game meter. I am considering a 970.
  6. Dragam

Mohd Faris, are you claiming that you had bought a 1000 dollar Graphics Card (titan), and still used an old ****** 900p screen? Youre full of BS.

And the people saying that you need to overclock that cpu is absolutely correct - that cpu needs to be overclocked.

The turbo frequency is only 3,7 ghz, but the cpu can easily be overclocked to 4,7 ghz or more. Aka at least 30% more performance.
  7. Mohd Faris

Woah don't need to get grumpy dude.

My monitor is 3 years old so I never really bother upgrading it .Also my friend gave me a Titan since he had a GTX 780 Ti ( My old card is 580).
  8. Kirppu1

No it isn't but you'll need an aftermarket coller(when getting a haswell it should be next)
  9. Kirppu1

Yes, your pc runs it maxed
  10. DashTech

Your computer is mint. Be happy. Any slow-downs are not the result of your computer but of the game.
  11. GlueHead

Try it out instead of asking.
  12. Dragam

Mohd Faris : im not grumpy, i just think you are full of BS.

I know several people who does infact own titans, and non of them runs a crappy 900p screen - that would be like the wierdest combination ever... a 1000 usd gpu with a 50 usd screen.

Regardless, no your computer wont run the game entirely maxed out and keep a constant 60 fps, as that is simply not possible atm.
  13. sagolsun

Pretty much. PS2 is rather efficient in it's GPU usage so even if you run into problems, you can always dial the settings down. You've got much less control over CPU utilization though - either you've got the power to run a framelocked 60 in a high-pop battle or you don't.

You've got a H100i. I have the exact same model. You could cool a truck with that thing. Why on earth are you running stock freqs? If it's just a matter of you having too much money, I can send you my, uh, charity address. Otherwise get that chip up to at least a 4.6
  14. MykeMichail

Won't run it 60 fps consistently. Will definitely run in 60+ fps a good percentage of the time.

Overclock your processor and you'll find you'll rarely drop below 60 FPS.

I usually get between 70 and 100 FPS in large fights and I have:

4770K @ 4.0 GHz (yes I know this could go faster but I can't be bothered overclocking it more)
    Gigabyte GTX780 Windforce OC (factory overclocked GTX780)
    16 GB DDR-2133Hz RAM

Keep in mind that I'm playing on Briggs, a low pop server, and a 'large' fight for me might be considered a 'medium sized' fight on other servers.
  15. MykeMichail

A lot of people don't upgrade their monitors until the old one dies.

I treat my monitor as completely separate from the rest of the system.

Tomorrow will be the first time I've replaced a monitor before its died, and its only because I want a G-Synch monitor.

I'll be going from a 27 inch, 1080p, 60 Hz display to a 27 inch, 1440p, 144 Hz display with G-Sync.

Honestly I'd be happy with another 1080p display (even at 27 inches) but there's limited choice in terms of G-Sync monitors at the moment.
  16. FBVanu

I'm running on a new i5 4590, NO graphics card, 8gig ram, 1TB HDD
    vsync is off, smoothing is on, and I have about 50 -60 FPS, consistently..

I run everything on low, render quality 65%, shadows off, floral off,
    set my screen to 13.. x 768 (I forgot the other two digits behind the 13...)

You have a graphics card and should have NO problems at all. Also, read the thread on Smoothing, I believe it's the top of the technical thread, or the game play discussion.. you should have lots of fun with the game, provided you have the internet connection for it..
  17. Joay

google the word "relative" ;) he wants to run 60fps and already has liquid cooling. He might as well overclock it (not sure what the board can do though), but he doesn't need to. Depends on prefered noise level in the end, i guess.
    A big fight is a big fight. The general population in irrelevant as long as not everybody is at the same facility :D Abig fight is those with 48-96+
  18. Irathi

It should've ran PS2 consisten at 60 fps or more if they had done a better job coding the game.

Unfortunately though they didn't do such a great job. So there is no way of guaranteeing 60 fps consistent. Most likely you will have 50-80 fps in 90% of the time you play, perhaps 45 fps at the lowest.

And wht is with people ranting about his choice of monitor? I think it is dumber to have a 1440p screen and not the hardware to run at a decent framerate (60+) than having a 900p screen but also have plenty of hardware to make it run smooth.

That said, there is no reason for why he shouldn't run a 1080p at least with his specs. Even 1440p+ should be no problemo.
  19. Kirppu1

i mean that the OC isn't irrelevant