Valkyrie weapons buffs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SerasVic, Sep 22, 2014.

1. SerasVic

When?

No it's not a gunship. No it's not a fighter. BUT ACTUALLY THIS THING HAS THE PUNCH OF A FLASH.

You are dedicating 2 guys to fly and gun it, you should be able to do something.

my suggestions:

Global change = damage drop starts at 20m or even 30 (maybe drop is harder after that idc). It's unrealistic to expect valkyrie to come at 10m or less to shoot you.

CAS : fix this gun seriously, it's like having "rotation bug" all the time, maybe increase accuracry to 0.75 aswell

Wyvern : pretty fine imo

Helion : CoF buff, it's absurd as it is. To compare it has accuracy of skyguard. 0.75 'ld be nice even 1 in worst case.

wired guide launcher : this gun is totally ****** up , need total rework i think

rocket pods : why are they here ? hellion and guided missile are the AT weapons. So why is this thing not able to be the trade off and be able to farm infantry and do less effectiv AT work ? (like ESF equivalent)
    buff splash damage to 250~ at 1m , 5m radius something in those lines.

Off topic : remove small arms fire ....
    • Up x 3
  2. dopy7dvs

I really doubt it will EVER happen...sadly :(
  3. SerasVic

no one cares ? wth
  4. Unclematos7

CAS-Needs the slash damage and radius of the Banshee.
    Hellion-What were they smoking when they decided to put this thing in?
    Pods-1m radius.
    VLG-Make the turret rotate 360 degrees and it's fixed.
    Wyvern.-Fine
    • Up x 1
  5. Champagon

I really don't think valk needs a weps buff, it is in a good place to DEFEND itself. Too many times i see the valk trying to 1v1 a tank column or infantry with AA. Then they come straight to the forums and whine about how it is UP. That simply isn't true. The valk is a great transporter and should be used as such.

It can't be half ***** into a poor mans liberator, the devs designed it as a troop "shock" transporter. Please let it stay this way
    • Up x 4
  6. Kriegson

[IMG]

This is the valkrie. If you were expecting a smaller, cheaper liberator you will be disappointed. If you were expecting a HIND or a Apache, this is not it. It will get BTFO by any kind of AA or powerful weaponry because it is not designed to survive a direct attack.
    It can be useful harassing the sides of an enemy or establishing a light bit of air cover for a dominant ground force. It can even do OK against a single ESF if the pilot fully exploits its agility while the gunner is decent, it does not need people constantly repairing in the backseat to be useful.
    • Up x 3
  7. CipherNine

It seems it isn't designed to be a gunship (despite large weapon selection and rumble seats). Main thing going for it is cheap price and better maneuverability than Galaxy. As a transport only buff Valkyrie needs is extra speed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Champagon

I can see it being faster, I think it is fast already but a speed buff couldn't hurt.....i hope
    • Up x 1
  9. SerasVic

only seing flying certs here
    • Up x 2
  10. Kriegson

See, thats one of the key issues people have in using it, being seen.

It's like a harasser, except you have to deal with flak which only needs to hit in your approximate area. Use the terrain, don't be seen. If you have to be seen, do whatever you're trying to do quickly and then get back into cover.
    • Up x 2
  11. NC_agent00kevin

As OP himself stated, it's not an ESF nor is it a lib.

Therefore, it does not need better weapons that overlap the role of the ESF or Lib.

/thread
    • Up x 4
  12. Champagon

Using strategy and common sense is a rarity nowadays
    • Up x 1
  13. SerasVic

Harasser has way way more punch than a Valkyrie.

If u sneak up behind a tank with Harasser you'll kill it, with Valkyrie not, barelly scratching the paint, even less than a fury flash that's it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kriegson

The weapons aren't a direct comparison, but consider the halberd is 2k damage. The Tow launcher is 3600.
    The vulcan and hellion are the exact same damage if nothing else.

The valk doesn't have worse damage than a harasser, if anything it has higher damage potential. The problem is people playing the valkrie like a galaxy or a liberator, when it is neither. It's like playing a harasser like an MBT.
  15. SerasVic

Weapons damage aren't working like that. Each gun as modifiers to it's damage depending on the target.

the tow launcher is not close to a lib dalton (1800 dmg vs 2000) and harasser hallberd is 800 dmg with +50% on any tank meaning 1200 dmg in reallity. I don't know about tow launcher modifiers but it's not doing much damage at all AND his DPS is really really bad. When i tried it shooting a mag the guy went out and just outrepaired me alone ...

To all of you saying "no gunship blablala" , let me ask u something:

galaxy is a transporter right?
    sundy is a transporter right?

are those vehicules scary in the right hands for a MBT ? yes

Valkyrie is just painfull for him or free certs.

I'm not asking to be able to 100->0 a MBT with Valkyrie, but if i'm shooting it non-stop and only the driver can outrepair then there is a problem.
    • Up x 2
  16. dstock

I disagree.

I would like to see the Valkyrie's maneuverability and survivability tuned before the weapons. I don't want to see another Harasser fiasco.

Also, it's been out like a month, and most people aren't spending lots of time in it. Give it some time for people to learn it, invest in it, and develop some strategy for it. I ran exclusively Stealth as my defense the first few weeks. Now that I know how to fly and angle it better, as well as how soft it is, we've switched almost entirely to Composite Armor.

That's just my two cents.

I want to add, the guys I play Valkyries with, our primary weapons of choice are the Wyvern and Hellion. I can't, in good conscience, support a buff for either one at the moment. They are currently fun, and decently powerful. We use the VLG a decent amount, too, and my only gripe on that is the seemingly excessive delay between firing and guiding the rocket.
    • Up x 1
  17. ColonelChingles

That's also really stupid, and one of the worst design decisions to make it into PS2 design.

There have been quite a few threads complaining about the durability of the Sunderer, combined with 2x Bulldogs out-DPSing an MBT. Even double Basilisks can make an MBT reconsider the attack. The reason why it's a problem is because Sunderers have high health to allow their use as spawns (because no one can ever be bothered to guard anything), but this translates into problems with the Sunderer becoming more tanky than a tank when it decides to go into direct combat.

The Galaxy suffers from the same problem, hence the "Battle Gal" concept. It's why Bulldogs were nerfed recently, because it was too easy for the Galaxy to shoot down ESFs and Liberators with well-placed Bulldog shots.

The Sunderer should have never had anything more damaging than a Basilisk/Walker, and the same should have gone with the Galaxy.

Keeping the Valkyrie weak is a good thing, because SOE seems to have finally understood that role-overlap is a bad thing. If you're a transport craft you should transport. If you're an attack craft you should attack.
  18. Popper100

So... here we are again. Hello Valk my old friend, I've come to try and buff you again.

My stance: Buff the Valkyrie with more firepower, more speed, more armor. These need to be done because of three intrinsic realities.
    1. The Valkyrie is slow as dirt and food for the entire gamut of airborne vehicles.
    2. Air vehicles are currently at this power level and higher, releasing new content (new pistols ring a bell?) that is clearly so far below established items is ridiculous.
    3. The Valkyrie flies low on purpose, and as such, is a target for tanks and dumbfires in addition to established counters. This vulnerability makes a Valk into a flying deathtrap.

My established suggestions? Pilot weapon, door guns, speed boost, small arms immunity (not 100% on this one, might be unbalanced), buffed main guns, buffed Thermals (because thermals that are weaker than handheld ones is a joke), innate safe fall, remove spawning, and improved cockpit.
    • Up x 2
  19. iller

If it gets any "buffs", they need to be UTILITY focused.... not damage tweaks.
    Right now it has no role given that Galaxies had their Resource costs slashed....
  20. ColonelChingles

Although I disagree with pretty much everything you want to do to turn the Valk into a mini-Lib...

I do wish there was some in-cabin indicator of whether the Valk was equipped with Squad Logistics. Maybe just a green light in the cabin if it is equipped and a red light if it is not equipped. In that way I would know before I jump out of a Valk if it is safe to do so.