Questions about membership cert gain

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Risen, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Risen

1. Do you gain increased certs for medals based on your membership? If so, it would seem to be an advantage to sign up before you start leveling up your character a lot.

2. If I were to prepay for six months, would I be able to unlock the full membership cert gain benefits, or would I have to wait for six months to elapse first?
  2. Elrobochanco

1. No, same certs for medals. I think it does count (like other boosts) towards bonuses on ribbons though. Could be wrong there.

2. It's immediate, though if test server is to believed there might be upcoming changes where even new members get more immediate xp benefit on month to month subs. Though there has been no official confirmation on plans.
  3. Alkezo

Membership bonuses apply to XP gained. Medals award certs directly, so no.
  4. Alexanor

They do apply to ribbons.
  5. Risen

So, that's conflicting information. If I were to win a medal that awarded 100 certs, would I be getting 150 certs if I were a member? Seems like that's a big disadvantage to earning ribbons prior to being a member.

Anyone know if there are any benefits to prepay?
  6. Stigma

As far as I know:

- You immediately gain the "loyalty level" for all the months that you prepay. It's been a while now since I signed up for membership but I am at least certain that I gained full bonuses from the start and I THINK that this was not some time-limited offer. If in doubt just ask SOE in their live-chat online. For simple questions they are both fast and helpful.

- I don't know if the bonus applies specifically to medals. I'd assume that it is a flat percentage that is applied to any any all cert gains no matter from where you get the certs from - but since I haven't done any specific test I can't say for certain. I'd say that this is a fairly moot point anyway though, as the cert-gain from auraxiuming weapons is pretty insignificant compared to the certs you will gain naturally WHILE auraxiuming the weapon (and medals lower than auraxium have fairly trivial cert rewards).

-Stigma
  7. Risen

Thanks, that helps.