Game freeze

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Legend-, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Legend-

Hey, Just tried PS2 on this pc lately and i'm having serious problems with my cpu, the game freezes for 5 sec+ after hitting 100 % CPU usage. here is my specs :

Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 GHz ( not overclocked ), 4 GB installed RAM DDR2, GTX 480, Windows 7 64-bits.

eh I know this cpu is crappy to get very low fps but game freeze even in warpgate, I don't think so.
  2. Damz49

Have E7400 OC @ 3.2GHz with stock cooling system and 6GB DDRII, it (overclock) works perfectly, never more than 50°C even in game.

I have the same problem, and many people too.

Their Valkyrie patch (29/08) brough this freeze issue and they are still unable to fix it.

SOE dev's are very skilled in bug creation, but really less skilled when they must fix it.
    Each update bring unbelievable things/bugs/lags/etc.
    Hotfixes are supposed to fix the issues, but most of the time it do not work and it create new issues.

The only thing you can do is ... wait for a hotfix.
    • Up x 1
  3. Legend-

Yep that was exactly after the Valkyrie patch and it was accompanied by some latency issues.
    as you said all we can do now is waiting..
  4. Spectre 694

I am also experiencing 5 second freezes, but I noticed it seems to only happen when I play as infantry. Played for half an hour in a tank with no problems, yet when i play infantry it happens almost constantly in some fights.

Can you guys see if its also true for you ?
  5. noobindo

Same here. 5 sec freezes especially when using a 12x sniper scope.
    • Up x 1
  6. Legend-

It happens more when I play scythe.
  7. RCpixels

This is happening to me too, I have missed so many perfect head shots thanks to the freezes.
    • Up x 1
  8. Spectre 694

I wanna change my previous statement.
    I noticed it always happens when I'm nearby other infantry regardless of what I'm doing and sometimes when ESF are nearby.
    I thought it might be sound related, but disabling sound has no effect, so I guess it is not sound related.
    I suspect it may have something to do with the new platoon/squad ribbons/bonuses or the scope changes they made in Valk patch. They are the only changes which seem relevant.
  9. Damz49

Agree with all of you.

When im in vehicle (Harasser/Tanks) I dont have ANY freeze even in 48-96 and 96+.

It only happens in infantry when there are many guys near me.

I also noticed it must be sound related.

Always happens when I "hear" LMg shots or sounds like Phoenix rockets or Raven.

But sometimes I can play 1hr infantry without any freeze, and suddenly 1 freeze every 20s.
  10. Legend-

Yes exactly, it happens in biolabs, towers and when it freezes as you said I hear lmg shots
  11. Joay

It seems very random for me. It just happened a few times with only 5 people at the Crown and 5 at Ti Alloys sniping over the rock bridge. My CPU is around half and suddenly its completely maxed out for that duration. No aircrafts around, just a sunderer
    • Up x 1
  12. Saboterka

It freezes for about 5 seconds quite often for me, let say once per 30 seconds. It was in tower. Last day i played engineer outside and it freezes less often (about once per 2 minutes).

since valk patch game is unplayable for me
    • Up x 1
  13. jOGI

Same here. Freezes - also when i use a tank or a sunderer, but then less often. its a shame - the issue / memory leak made the game crappy! And for such a long time no reaction, no fix from SOE. Never noticed such a ignorance for a selfproduced issue on any other company....(ok ok - not talking about EA...)....
  14. Zyclops

Hello. I have played this game since Beta and have had my share of issues, but this is by far the worst I have had. I get the same inf freeze and it has made the game unplayable/UNENJOYABLE. even 1on 1 i get freeze ALWAYS right at the moment of engagement with an enemy. I fire, freeze, hear the lmg sounds and go to death screen...hear taunt(worst part because I used to kill them instead)
    Aircraft is minimal occurrance
    Vehicles minimal
    Infantry cannot play and fight ( can run around and hack or pop gennys with no freeze)
    Sniper sights unplayable due to 5 sec freeze within 1-2 secs of sights coming up. game continues to freeze with 1-2 sec intervals of motion.
  15. Legend-

try this https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ching-freezing-fixed-without-fps-drop.204382/ , many ppl found this helpful acutally.
  16. razor1360

found a fix ! delete all physx files in the ps2 folder . then run the launcher click the wrench let it remake the physx files . game ran perfect like it use to for me zero freeze or lag . one of these files must be bad and in need of being remade .
  17. razor1360

not a complete fix but it did make it far better than before only a small minor freeze .