New Scopes have game breaking issues for Infiltrators

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Danagaming, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Danagaming

I just tested new scopes and there is a problem with every scope which has red part and cloak.

If you cloak and decloak your scopes red part will render with 0.5sec - 0.75sec delay. This is game breaking. It feels like the red part waits until you are fully decloaked and after that it renders, which was and still not how its happening in Live game.

I am having my senses tinggling that this will be ignored and it will go live, which then will create uproar from infiltrators. Please devs, please read this and fix this problem. Last thing we infiltrators need is a nerf to our weapon equipment options.

If this goes live, all scopes with red part will be useless for infiltrators.
    • Up x 5
  2. Octoknight

I have a feeling this is why we don't have scopes on pistols :D
  3. CuteBeaver

• Up x 1
  4. AdmiralArcher

i have a feeling this is a feature to prevent instagibing after decloaking with CQC BASRS
    • Up x 1
  5. Danagaming

Considering how many disadvantages infiltrators have in CQC with BASR (miss and you die) this is too much of and nerf to Infiltrators weapon arsenal. we have 100less hp to start with. Our cloak is visible in walk, heck we are more noticed when in cloak then out of cloak. Quite often our weapon and helmet will stay uncloaked after cloak is activated, the list goes on. We don't need now scope nerf addition to this.

In live CQC BASR have their crosshair cloaked if infiltrator is cloaked, meaning its really hard to aim with invisible crosshair. Now additionally that we get 0,5sec -0,75sec delay until we can see crosshair after we have uncloaked, is madness. Logic dictates its a bug which needs to be fixed.

I know this much from rumors. Highby hates infiltrators, but I don't think he hates us this much. I hope.
  6. AdmiralArcher

its really not a huge nerf, it only delays it a fraction of a second....if it is a feature....i kinda like it....but i rarly get hit by CQC infils anymore
  7. Danagaming

If you would play a infiltrator a much as we dedicated infiltrators, you will know how much this is a nerf. That 0,5 sec delay is quite huge considering that you can die in less then that time. Just imagine following, 0,75sec to full decloak (so you can fire) then 0,75sec till crosshair is visible and 0,25sec to readjust your aim = 2sec of being uncloaked doing nothing. This actually negates the whole fundamental idea of cloak, which is already in bad state considering cqc.

I love infiltrator class. There is so much reward when killing from range over 250m in head with sniper rifles. And there is so much reward when you are against 7+ people in cqc but you manage to get through the fight by having almost zero ammo and health left. Its really getting my blood pumping. If this thing goes live, I am forced to hip fire everything in CQC from that day on, which is kind a bad. There is no skill and improving yourself, if the only way you can kill is by spray and pray.

But again this is my opinion and there is many like it and many other opinions. I am just saying that its unnecessary nerf to infiltrator class.
  8. Akaran

Yeah I'm gonna go with the OP on this one. If there's that much of a delay change... when I'm using my SMG, I do normally go for hip fire, but sometimes you NEED to get those headshots in - and in a blistering hurry. While we can kinda gauge it without, or go back to iron... iron sights aren't always the most accuracy friendly, and given how easy we are to kill... I know sometimes we seem overpowered, but, we're honestly a pretty hard to play class.
  9. miraculousmouse

I hope this won't affect elusive in any way. Dude makes the best planetside 2 videos tbh.
  10. MarkAntony

This change means that the HSNV scope will be mandatory for infils when they use anything that's not an SMG or sniper rifle to be effective.
    And that sucks. Guess I'll have to get the overlay back after all....
  11. Jac70

Dunno if this is a feature or not but I think the current state of Infiltrator is such that it is too easy. The TTK is so short with an SMG, a cloaked soldier cannot lose in a 1v1.
  12. Jawarisin

put bluntly, it's just you being bad. When I play any class other than infiltrator, I'm a much bigger power house weapon wise, I'm not even scared of infiltrators, even if they get the jump on me, their gun are so weakish compared to an AR or LMG that I can outgun them before I die.
  13. reydelchicken

Just to clarify, SMG infiltrators won't get hurt by this change, since you'll mainly be using hipfire.

The real issue is for CQC sniper infiltrators, which does take quite a lot of skill/effort, so that's not the reason this got "nerfed".

I'm sure this is just an oversight, but I still wish they fix this before it goes live too, as not having this working will make CQC sniping much harder than it should be.
  14. elusive1

Spoke to Bishop (Guy who makes the new scopes) on reddit. It's an unintended bug, that their coders are trying to fix before it reaches live. The one good thing he told me, is that they plan to have the red cross hair never go away, cloaked or uncloaked. Now If they could make the scope look more like the original, and make the cross hair not disappear when it bounces. It overall would be a nice buff.
    • Up x 2
  15. MarkAntony

Best. News. EVER.
    • Up x 1
  16. Danagaming

If this is true, I don't think that they should add red crosshair to be visible in cloak. I might be only one with this opinion, but this will make sniping in cqc more of an instagimp typish thing. This will kind a make us infiltrators superior in cqc, especially when One learns the weapon. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to get that added in to the scopes function. There has been dozen cases where I have cloaked, aimed with cloaked 4x scope at somebody's head, just to find out when I uncloak and fire, my crosshair was 1pixel away from enemy head.

In all honesty, visible crosshairs in cqc BASR or Scout rifles when cloaked, is kind a of unnecessary buff. Just remove the delay and make those dots in center to be less BULKY (Vanu 1x and 2x scopes are hideous) and we all would be happy.
  17. elusive1

I already don't need a cross hair while invisible to not miss those kind of shots. It's insta kill if I can make the drag shot. I didn't ask for the buff, I actually rather them not touch the 4x scope at all. Leave it misaligned. I don't want the 4x scope to be less bulky, if anything the center may need the opposite. It still just takes a heavy to hit shield and it's generally over. I don't think it's as big of a deal as you are making it. The other classes will be slightly more accurate too. It might be more of a issue with scout rifles, but the cqc bsar should be awarded for any shots made since it's so easy to miss and die close up.
  18. PastalavistaBB

Exactly. Aiming with BASR while cloaked, then uncloak only for 1 second just to pull the trigger, then cloak again, would be OP as hell. There actually should be a delay between decloaking and being able to aim and shoot.
  19. Danagaming

For your information this is how it is in Live servers right now, and quite frankly its not OP. But 1 sec additional delay added to decloak and firing delay, is way too much of a nerf. I am in no interest to become a cert pinjata for every class over those delays. As it was mentioned earlier, we will just fall back to iron sights (meaning less revenue for SOE) and we could still do what you mentioned as "OP". It begs the question, who wins if that delay is added? Nobody.
  20. Danagaming

I totally agree on 4x scopes not to be touched, in matter of fact not to be touched even with red lines. I hate to admit, but I do miss a lot when shooting with ghost from ranges beyond 150m when I can't see the crosshair when cloaked. The matter that you can do it without miss, tells me you are quite experienced with CQC BASR. My playstyle is Ghost for medium to far range and parallax/XM98 from 10m to 300m+. I have more success with XM98 in cqc then with ghost. Its weird I know. Maybe its just my mouse sensitivity :)
    About the bulkiness, I was talking mostly of those 1-2x scopes, and maybe 3.4x. Vanu's 1-2x scopes are just hindering my success, that's why I go in most cases with iron sight (talking for all weapons). That's why I would love to have option to go smaller or bulkier with dots.