[Suggestion] Infantry only continent please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vsae, Sep 19, 2014.

1. siiix

i think you over think this .. it would not be vehicle side .. the game was a lot more fun when it came out, vehicles where a lot stronger back then , but you CAN still infantry , but IF vehicles annoy you then you would have the option to play infantry side

when PS2 came out it was very similar then BF2 , strong vehicles , yet infantry play possible too .. i totally loved PS2 when it came out and in beta
  2. ColonelChingles

The point was that if you make infantry-only servers, then you need to also make vehicle-only servers to be fair (and then even possibly tank-only and air-only servers). Because that's how things go if you start letting some people take the easy way out by cutting off parts of the game.

Maybe we'll have knife-only servers or Flash-only servers too? I mean where does it end, where if anything annoys you then you're allowed to have a server that cuts out that thing?

So if there are infantry-only servers, then there should also be vehicle-only servers (just look at the AV Turret/Lancer/Phoenix/C4 nerf threads). And the existence of any of those is a bad thing for a combined arms game.

In other words if people want infantry-only, they can go play CoD. If people want vehicle only, they can go play WoT/WT. But if people want a combined arms game, then PS2 is the game for them.
  3. siiix

no you dont , BF2 they made infantry only servers, vehicle only servers are just plain stupid.. this aint WoT
    i actually like to play infantry on vehicle based games, but i\m not concerned about my KDR, its very rewarding to me to take out vehicles with rocket launcher , even if i die 4 times in the process

but people who are overly concerned about they KDR they should be able to play on servers/maps where they can play the way they like to ... vehicle only servers make null sense
  4. ColonelChingles

Infantry only servers are just plain stupid... this aint CoD.

See what I did there?
  5. Ender

Your first assertion was correct actually. Even when DA runs ops almost everyone's individual SPM will drop because playing the objective doesn't always maximize the amount of people you can shoot any given minute. It can, and usually does turn into brief periods of enemies flowing through choke points, but sometimes you get no response at all. Actually, they yell at me quite a bit if the action dulls :eek:. Half of my job is making sure we're trying to take a base/defend a base that's going to yield some things to shoot at.

I don't think he understood what you were saying though. Joining an outfit is definitely something most players should look into doing because you will most likely have more fun playing the game with a group of people. Playing the game for the objective in a squad though will almost always negatively impact your stats though. For example here's my Ender21 alt, that I mostly use when i'm by myself not leading squads or running with the rest of DA. Here's my main Ender31, that i'm almost always leading squads with. There's a significant gap in several stats simply because of the squad/solo thing. I still have more fun leading squads, but the correlation is there.
  6. Whatupwidat

An infantry only battle island, or a vehicle only battle island, would work - a whole continent? That's a large game area to deny to anyone that doesn't like playing infantry. It's unfair - and i say that as someone who primaries as infantry.
  7. siiix

not vehicle only , that is dead boring .. ever played world of tanks , i could fall asleep playing that :)
  8. Lagavulin

99% of ppl playing a vehicle in this game are doing it for one reason: easy infantry farm. It's only any kind of fun if you enjoy stat padding. The devs need to create an environment for more 'between base' combined arms battles. Those do exist and can be very good if you can find one, but they are pretty rare. More often than not the vehicle zerg destroys any notion of an actual 'battle'.
  9. iller

I don't know about infantry-only... I'd sure love to see one where there's no Liberators or Rocket Pods or Thermal scopes allowed.

Tanks and Harrassers aren't a real deal breaker. In some situations they're actually EASIER to fight against when on foot. But Podspam and Libspam NEVER puts the infantry players at an advantage.... not as long as Thermal and Scout radar exists.
  10. Septus

Seems like an urban continent or battle island would be nice, you can bring vehicles in but since everything is in buildings, not real useful, infantry could shoot out of windows easily. It would be an interesting dynamic. But NC would probably rule there because of the ultra close quarters.
  11. ZBrannigan

it's not 'world of infantry' either........... thank papavanu!!
  12. CipherNine

Thats strange. Are you running ops on continent with lowest pooulation? Or are you rolling with the zerg?

As long as you offer fair fight to the enemy there should be no lack of targets.
  13. Ender

No, we don't roll with the zerg, we avoid it, and we usually go to the continent with the highest population. Your definition of lack of targets is probably a bit different from DA's definition of lack of targets :p
  14. CipherNine

Ah you are refering to lack of farmable targets ie clueless players flowing through choke points.
  15. Yuukikun

only a few tank users actually want to fight other tanks. Majority of them just think that having a 2 k/d farming infantry in a tank makes them mlg.
  16. Yuukikun

Says the guy ghost capping in a platoon. Maybe if you did play COD a bit you wouldn't have to ghost cap to see ''victory'' on your screen.
  17. Yuukikun

he's referring to hex where the enemy has a big number advantage so we don't get bored of winning too easily.
  18. Ender

When you have 24 players on that all have 2.0 - 8.0 K/D's, you need a larger amount of targets at a more frequent rate to keep people entertained :p
    • Up x 1
  19. MarkAntony

#eliteoutfitproblems

;)
    • Up x 2
  20. miraculousmouse

Same argument can be used for anywhere. Doesn't stop the breaker/photon/hellfire spammers or even better the lppa and banshee