Does the Betelgeuse have hidden attachments?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Saool, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Saool

I know the first version of the Bett-el-goose (let's get the pronunciation right), had a built in flash suppressor which apparently also acted as a grip?

Now it has the heat mechanic and no other visible attachments. The icon is still out of date of course. However, having looked at some spreadsheet that was linked in the another thread, it looked to have slightly less lateral recoil. That said, I don't know if said spreadsheet was up to date.

So, can anyone confirm if it has any invisible attachments, or if it effectively a vanilla Orion with the heat mechanic?

If so they should match it's description: IE whack a grip on it to make it a 3rd generation version and update the bloody icon to reflect it's build.
  2. DatVanuMan

They removed the attachments because many people said that the heat mechanic coupled with them would be OP:rolleyes:
    Now the thing kicks like an Orion and is just as inaccurate, so I do hope they return the attachments. All I want is an accursed grip, man:(
  3. Saool

I felt the same way at first but 600 kills in I have the hang of it. My accuracy is about 19%, which is about typical for me, with a LMG.

However it would be great to be able to set it up like I have my Orion (grip and suppressor).
  4. Noktaj

I've used it extensively. If you try it on the targets in the VR shooting from the same distance, and with decals on, you might notice that, indeed, the Betelgeuse seems to have a little lest lateral recoil in full-auto than Orion. But just a little.

Good thing about Betelgeuse is that you can spam bullets from the distance and never worry about going out of ammo, which, for me, beat everything else :D
  5. Nehlis

Wait, it's not pronounced like Beetlejuice? My life is a Lie!
    • Up x 1
  6. KnightCole

IKR?
    • Up x 1
  7. Erendil

The Betelgeuse is exactly the same as the stock Orion, but with a HEAT mechanic added and a rippling pink paint job.

This spreadsheet shows what it used to be like when it was first released and had the built-in foregrip and comp (updated as of 08/06): https://docs.google.com/a/efsllc.co...750&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

And here are the game update notes from 08/29 that removed those attachments( Source: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-8-29-august-update.199055/):

• Betelgeuse 54-A (VS LMG directive reward)
      • Removed barrel attachment
        • Min/max horizontal recoil increased from 0.17/0.19125 to 0.2/0.225
        • Horizontal recoil tolerance increased from 0.85 to 0.9
        • Hip cone of fire bloom per shot reduced from 0.12 to 0.1
        • Aimed cone of fire bloom per shot reduced from 0.06 to 0.05
      • Added Soft Point Ammunition
        • This is going Live with the August update but was unintentional; it will be removed in a hotfix
      • Added heat mechanic
    I think the SPA was removed as well, but I couldn't find the Hotfix notes that stated as such during my cursory scan of the GUN forum.
  8. cruczi

• Up x 2
  9. Saool

LIES! By Patrick Moore that is all lies I tell you!
  10. cruczi

• Up x 1
  11. Nehlis

• Up x 1
  12. AssaultPig

it has the same velocity as the orion, so I assume that it doesn't have SPA
  13. Nakar

They wouldn't have made an entire movie about that pun if it weren't the right way to pronounce it. Probably.
  14. tgipier

After auraxiuming the beletgeuse, the recoil without the foregrip is really NOT that bad. I use the orion with lasersight anyways....

People are complaining too much about the lack of foregrip, just compensate for the recoil. Its really not that hard to control.
  15. Saool

Yup I agree. I'm close to auraxiuming it myself and I now feel very much in control of it. I will continue to be my default LMG going forward.

So not so much a complaint, more confusion as to how it is actaully set up. Of course I would not say no to a grip or SPA etc.
  16. Jogido

but apparently Betelgeuse was the inspiration for the Beetlejuice name. (edit - I see it's been posted that the op was wrong)
  17. Jogido

I'm kinda of curious about the origin of Bett-el-goose now :D
  18. Saool

I've always been interested in astronomy. Right from being a very young child. It's how I have always pronounced it. I do seem to recall that that is how Patrick Moore used to pronounce it as well but don't quote me on that.

In Trident we have also refered to it as the 'Battle Goose' as well.
  19. Nehlis

Can we just pronounce it as Beetlejuice instead of Bettelgoose because its got a nicer ring to it?
  20. Xasapis

Battle goose

http://4.bp.************/-QAZ--xdZDXU/UyzC1MyacSI/AAAAAAAAAj8/DoOLNdrMrfk/s1600/battlegoose.jpg