[Suggestion] More sound effects and voice callouts (Examples from other games)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moukassin, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Moukassin

Short video where I suggest to SOE to implement more sound effects for a better gameplay experience and easier teamplay, I give examples from other games like Quake 3 or TF2 and I added some audio extracts to give an idea.
    Please SOE!

Sounds extracts from:
    Quake 3 Arena
    Team Fortress 2
    Half-life
    Mario Kart
    Planetside 1
    • Up x 19
  2. DatVanuMan

YES. ES sounds for EVERYTHING:eek:
    It'll be awesome, man! Nice video, too:D
    • Up x 1
  3. Paragon Exile

I really want more V + # callouts as well. I would like to say "No problem" and "Get in!" especially.
    • Up x 3
  4. Acceleratio

this game need a "GO GO GO" so desperatly its not even funny anymore
    • Up x 1
  5. miraculousmouse

Chivalry : Medieval Warfare and : Deadliest Warrior have the best voice callouts.
    • Up x 2
  6. MistaN

Makes sense and would really help out the team aspect of the game.
    ++++10 about the HA shield, it needs SFX badly.
    • Up x 1
  7. Morti

Liked, subscribed & following on twitter.

Listen to what this guy has to say soe. It'sgood stuff.

I and so many others have wanted more voice commands since forever.
    • Up x 1
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

this game desperately needs a complete sound revamp. they need to improve the NC sounds, NS sounds, vehicle gun sounds and engine noise as well as the soldier and announcer voiceovers. those simply lack diversity, authenticity and atmosphere

current TR infantry weapons sounds are a good step in the right direction but even these fail to have reverb and 'thickness' that guns tend to emit when fired in reallife. that said, just go play a match of Battlefield4 and listen to the soundscape, it's phenomenal and very immersive. PS2 doesnt seem to have anything of that unfortunately
    • Up x 3
  9. Axehilt

Return the flag to our SHAZBOT!

We need more SHAZBOT!

I will defend our SHAZBOT!

Get the enemy SHAZBOT!

Our base has been SHAZBOT!

etc...
    • Up x 3
  10. -Synapse-

Yes! Take my like, sir. TAKE IT!

I agree, in other words.
    • Up x 1
  11. SinerAthin

I'd love a "Charge" callout for the big fights!

I can imagine them being faction themed too, like

TR:
    "Glory to the first man to die!"

VS:
    "Kill the sub-humans!"

NC:
    "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!"
    • Up x 5
  12. Zeppelin123

I would love a You need an engineer, I am a medic and cant repair you you stupid MAX.
    • Up x 3
  13. GuardianAngel02SOE

Agreed, this would definitely make large battles sound like large battles, also a "squad radio", built into the person's HUD so you can hear your squad mates' squad specific callouts even if they're far away, like in ArmA. Something like "I'm hit", or "Alpha 2 is down", etc.
    • Up x 1
  14. Catalyist

I agree that there are a few "empty" spaces" where sound indicators would be nice and useful. Like you said, vehicle enter/exit sounds would be awesome. Special callouts for squad/platoon leaders would be useful too because not everyone uses mic's or listens to ingame voice chat.

I think the devs have to be careful with how many more sound effects they add to the game.
    The sound level during big fights can become unpleasantly loud and annoying at times. New (louder) effects for medic or heavy shields, hacked stuff etc. might be overkill.
    Also spamming will most certainly become an issue, so no regional voice callouts for everyone please.

Overall I'm supporting this!
  15. SinerAthin

I'm not too worried about spammers.

I have a feeling they'd not live very long if they spammed to be annoying :p
    • Up x 1
  16. Tommyp2006

THIS. It's about 70% of why I liked T:A so much. It added tons of fun to the game.

Also, PS1 had a decent VGS system as well.

There would of course be a callout limit like there is already.
    • Up x 1
  17. Yuukikun

I will vote against this because i know if SOE makes it happen, we won't be able to toggle them on or off, and i don't want to get sound spam more than there already is.
  18. DemonCarb0n1cs

The "Help" button should make my guy scream "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP" rather than say in an outdoor voice: "Could use an assist! :)"
    • Up x 1
  19. Joay

Agree, more fun stuff. But using stuff from other games will probably create licensing/copyright issues. A while ago i made a similar suggestion about different soundpacks like helium or cartoon voices, or whatever. link
    • Up x 1
  20. KnightCole

Id like a "Get the hell over here MAX, im a Damn engi!!"...
    • Up x 1