[Suggestion] NC need a serious rework!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterJohn99, Sep 17, 2014.

1. MasterJohn99

I have played since planetside 1 Beta, so i have seen both sides of the games being devlopeted.. have always played NC and find it extremely unfair that the NC have the worse of the weapons from the 3 factions.

NC Max's, where to start, they are gread at close range, but after 12m NC AI max's are useless other than killing your team mates! TR have Gats witch can be effective at 50m+ VS have plasma pellets that also can kill at 50m+, so where is the NC 50m+ AI Max weapon(s)?!?!?! we tend to use the falcons, for range, but you nerfed them also.

SHOTGUNS! if shotguns are for the NC only then all other factions should NOT have any access to any shotgun. you dont see NC/VS running around with mini guns, or TR/NC running around with lashers, so if the shothot is the NC faction weapon, remove them from TR and VS weapon lists, would make it a bit more fair.

Class/faction spec weapons... we have the Jackhammer, witch is pants just like the AI Max's, give it explosive rounds, and remove the burst mode as no one uses it. as its recoil is at the seeling after the 3rd shot. TR minigun should not have the spinup speed mod. makes it OP. Lasher needs a nerf of its splash radious.

now what we all hate more than anything is PPI SPAM, nerf that damn weapon already, its all the VS use. its splash is out of this world, and its damage is way to high, not to mention it manages to hit players while in clear cover, its like it can shoot around corners. TRs tank faction weapon is balanced, but as for the NC the shotgun as allways sucks, only good at 15m wow 15m how many tank battles get to 15m lol, i'd rather use a bow an arrow!

Air. Air hammer needs a larger magazine and a smaller scatter count, to make it more effective agest other air. the banshee, needs its explosive rounds removed! they sit 150m+ shooting at towers moawing everything in its path with a high blast radious! you see the NC with any good ai air weapons... noo dont be silly, VS have the PPI need i say anymore! its OVERPOWERED!

now we all thing that the NS gloable weapons are the same, well they are not. TR ones have higher ROF, VS have less recoil and NC have all minus the 2 the other ones have, so less ROF and More recoil, i have all 3 factions with loads of weapons, spent more than 50k SC on weapons. so not talking out my backside.

something that has also bugged me and many on many factions, teammates killing friendly tanks and sundys, can you please make it so that friendly C4/mine kills bans the person right after for a day or so. or add the old planetside faction change i.e... oh vs are winning lets get on my tr and c4 some of my team, a 1h CD before you can play another faction on the same server, will prevent most unfair team killings.

i have more i could say but i done this and just relised its SOE they just dont give a crap! lol
  2. a-koo-chee-moya

Its not like Lasher, PPA, and all these "OP' things haven't been around forever. If you've been "playing since beta", you should've been complaining before.

TR: 1 Minigun
    VS: 1 Lasher
    NC: 1 better shotgun

All PPA complaints are moot cuz Kobalt.
    • Up x 3
  3. jiggu

Alright you had me for the first few paragraphs
    7/10
    • Up x 6
  4. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Where are the TR/VS max weapons that instagib maxes? You got anti max abilities, TR/VS get range

TR and VS don't get shotguns on any vehicle and the chaingun is like a high ROF gun which I know NC has for some reason.

Jackhammer is great with burst, maybe because you use semi that why you thinks its bad. And you want to nerf the lasher?! are you serious?

PPA is good, but it got nerfed. It kills infantry well, that the point of AI weapons. Marader and Canister could use some more love but PPA is fine, infantry should die to it thats the point of the PPA.

Air hammer is amazing at AA if people use it right, try using the banshee or god forbid the ppa at AA. Air hammer is less situational more versatile while the others get screwed by air but can screw infantry. You do get punished when you pull an AI nosegun unlike VS/TR

NC have very controlable recoil because low ROF. Try using anchor and orion or Gr-22 and then flare. NC have more controllable weapons compared to TR/VS. But its not that big of a difference. They are all pretty balanced.

All in all I think you lack perspective about the the factions and its the typical grass is greener. All factions are pretty well balanced and I feel NC is perfectly in line with other faction. Asymmetrical balancing can make other factions stuff look OP but in reality they are balenced...
    • Up x 6
  5. MasterJohn99

i see you all dnt play NC that much. and NC maxs dont gib anything. as for the should, if we could shoot while using it then great. we dont have the ability to lockdown and increase rof, or vs increase in dmg. we get a shield that a desi can oneshot. and we 0 firepower. i'd take any of the other factions abilities over the shield. PPA is not balanced, only a VS player would say that. and TR explosive air weapons are OP. i didnt say the hair hammer was paints i said it needs a rework. read.
  6. MasterJohn99

also, the vs and tr shotguns are very effective, im sure any nc player would love a minigun or lasher to run around in. so give us one and we'll stop comining.
  7. _itg

Use Mattocks with slugs and ext mags, and you can kill at 50m+, provided you stop moving, maybe crouch, and let the crosshairs resettle after each shot. The biggest problem with NC MAXes is the minimum cert investment, honestly. Extended mags are MANDATORY, and that's 1,000 extra certs per pair of weapons. I'd like to see the default mag size upped to the current ext mag size, with ext mags giving only like 2-4 extra round on top of that.

Don't forget NC also has the best MAX AV weapon at range, the Raven. Think AV turret with less burst damage but much higher DPS. It's expensive but worth it.
    • Up x 1
  8. DatVanuMan

So, you want to NERF the Lasher? You want to NERF the MCG? You want to BUFF the NC?
    By far the WORST logic I've ever seen on Forumside. If someone gets buffed, WE ALL get buffed.
    • Up x 5
  9. NinjaTurtle

Yeah they are so equal that is why VS spam Kobalts equally..... on no that is correct they don't

Higby mentioned on Higbypls about putting the Banshee on ground vehicles as a replacement for the Maurauder.

This will not end well

Also the PPA nerf was not a nerf, SOE mearly tickled it. A mag size reduction is not important when it's CoF stays the same, it has no damage reduction over distance, it has no recoil, it has too much splash for the lack of penalties over the aforementioned areas etc etc

It is why Higby mentioned it will be receiving further nerfs when they do a pass over the AI weapons
    • Up x 2
  10. Vertabrae

I'm sorry, but really all I'm seeing is a everyone else has awesome gear, everything we have sucks. Personally I don't agree with that. Of my three toons, my nc is the biggest scoring, best kdr. So I'm not seeing a huge issue with nc weapons.

But obviously you do, so go play another faction. If the grass is that much greener, go play on that grass. Don't give me that "I'm loyal to my faction crap." It's a game. You're loyal to some blue colored pixels on your screen? Or a faction belief of freedom/murica? Yeah, ok, be loyal to a belief made up by some putz at soe.

Play the game to have fun. If your not having fun, go try another set of weapons that you might enjoy.

Ps, for crying out loud, learn how to spell. Made my eyes hurt reading your posts.
    • Up x 1
  11. a-koo-chee-moya

Not, equal, just that there are other Long range AI options.
  12. MasterJohn99

my english is fine. just got A+ on my. so sorry if my commers are in the wrong place, that is all thats wrong, no spell checker here lol.

the PPI needs a rework no matter what anyone says, i have a VS char as well as a TR, and i just moew anything in my path. but i am a loyal NC player and will always be, 75% of NC players play either TR or VS now due to NC being the runt of the litter.

also as someone said complain more, why should i complain more. once over 8 years is enough for me. all i get is it thrown in my face as you dont play NC so you cant comment on it. and playing it for 10 mins does not count.
  13. XXBLACKATTACKXX

The PPA kills infantry as it should, infantry would be easily killed by anti infantry tanks/harassers, because AV tanks and harrasers can easily kill the AI ones.
    Infantry should not counter everything and there are things that should counter infantry. PPA is doing its job perfectly, powerful vs infantry useless vs armor. Want to kill a PPA mag pull an AV tank or AV harasser or AP lighting or Air which kills all ground vehicles except for maybe a good skyguard driver.
  14. MasterJohn99

PPA is very effective vs armor also, that is the issue, yes its effective vs inf but the splash going around corvers is stupid.
  15. SpartanPsycho

0/10 Epic fail at trolling us. You haven't played since beta, I can tell you that much. Learn to troll better, maybe when your not a 12-year-old banging on his keyboard hoping to cause trouble on the forums.
  16. SpartanPsycho

BS. The PPA doesn't damage armor.
    • Up x 4
  17. a-koo-chee-moya

18. CorporalClegg

This guy does not represent us

Edit: Although I also have a gripe about the Airhammer- Revert the damn nerf for christs sake. Its a shotgun, it doesn't need debilitating damage falloff.
  19. NC_agent00kevin

Now that hit detection is fixed, NC is ok again.
  20. Hatesphere

not all of the complaints, the ones about its current range are valid to an extent, since it has splash something has to give.