OP weapon list

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leivve, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Shanther

He means the MSWRs recoil pattern can be compensated for because it pulls largely one direction (right). The Orions doesn't pull one direction.
  2. cruczi

You mean the Orion has no recoil bias, it's straight upwards (on average). There's no such thing as side to side recoil bias, that's just horizontal recoil doing what horizontal recoil does. If Orion is <-- = -->, then a more accurate representation of MSW-R in the same notation would be < = ---->. You still get horizontal variation despite the bias and it's (roughly) the same magnitude as with Orion.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hatesphere

stats are funny like that. according the the oracal of death one of the best preforming pistols in the game for KPH is still the face book event beamer. Its almost like we are having arguments over stats that have been thrown so out of whack by farming its almost useless.
  4. cruczi

You're mistaken. Orion does pull in one direction: straight up.
    [IMG]

Here's MSW-R:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. DatVanuMan

WHAT???
    But... BUT WHY?
  6. Shanther

The Bias refers to the direction the gun tends to pull. The MSWR pulls to the right. The Orion goes side to side. It would be more techincally correct to call it Recoil Horiz Bias.

No that is side to side. Go do the same thing with the MSWR and get back to me. Better yet go shoot a Serpent and then go shoot and MSWR. One pulls to the right the other pulls to the left. When you compensate for recoil on the MSWR you pull down and to the left, because the gun pulls to the right. The Orion on the other hand jitters side to side so the only thing you can compensate for is its vertical recoil, by pulling down. As I said in a previous post, it isn't that bad with a Grip on it. Take the grip off however and it is much worse.
  7. Eyeklops

That is indeed what I meant. The target pictorials Cruczi posted show the effect perfectly. With the Orion the user can only pull straight down to deal with the vertical, but cannot compensate for horizontal recoil at all. With the MSW-R both the vertical and right biased recoil can be compensated for.
  8. DatVanuMan

The cycle is complete...
    AURAXIS IS COMPLETE...
    THE PURPOSE OF FORUMSIDE... IS NOW COMPLETE!
    *Enormous lightning bolt strikes in the distance*
    • Up x 1
  9. sindz

http://www.reddit.com/r/WoodmanPS2/comments/1xm7cx/psa_how_recoil_works_in_planetside_2/

To quote a guy, I agree with:

Quote: TR Cobaltstoneshank
    "
    On phone so a short reply.
    1. This guide admits to speculation. So it is not facts. It is important to note that when reading.
    2. Predictability of a recoil is still in effect as you can generally compensate, by experience predicted, jumps. That of doesn't mean a right angled recoil can't jump left, just that it is more likely to stay neutral or go to the right apart from the most likely recoil effect up wards. Vertical recoil is the easy one of them two, as you don't have an opposing effect to it, only lack thereof.
    Am I saying that a weapon with right sided recoil is more predictable than a centered one? No, but I am saying that it is easier to generally compensate for, so in an indirect way yes.. In my opinion yes it iw and it shows on every auraxium I have ever done in game. It is usually by about 1-4%accuracy which may or may not make a difference.
    Liked the graphics, it depicts how I view it myself and drawing a 90 degree line through the area of possible outcomes of where the next position will be, seems to me to indicate what I meant. Or am I missing your point and how this link does not indicate that accuracy should go up with a directional one as it is more likely (links own example with possible new position after firing: only a slight angle covers over to the left so a compensation to the right or neutral is likely to be more correct than a compensation to the left(which would have to be miniscule)"

Another noticable quote: VS [VIB] B4rrB4rr

"As you said: There is no reliable source of how recoil actually is calculated in this game. A lot comes down to subjective experience. I always felt like directional pull is a downside for weapons in this game as opposed to BF where I favored it. It's a shame SOE does not reveal the mysteries of game mechanics."

EDIT: but we can both agree, that the fact that some person in here claimed that horizontal shake doesnt kick left and/or right before 10 shots is prob the biggest reach I've read so far.
  10. cruczi

I did, I edited the above post. You can clearly see in the MSW-R image that the angle is far more pronounced, making any slight variations in Orion's direction insignificant in comparison; and that there is also variation in the direction of the MSW-R, it doesn't go along a straight line. The variation in both cases is attributable to individual random horizontal recoil instances as well as random hits somewhere on the growing COF. There is no bias in Orion's recoil, it's straight up.

Here are six more Orion tests:
    http://i.imgur.com/ykJsV2B.png
    http://i.imgur.com/OschZsy.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Ax4QgZX.png
    http://i.imgur.com/tuD864k.png
    http://i.imgur.com/CJresiv.png
    http://i.imgur.com/WUt9vlI.png

Looks pretty straight up to me.
    • Up x 1
  11. Surmise

With your red letter replies to me and mini rages inputed in there as well as with the appearance of this cruczi guy, SOE might even look a bit more seriously with the Orion problem, at least to tweak some stats for beginning, just as Fortress has suggested.

In your argument you failed mostly by saying that Orion has unpredictable recoil pattern, while infact it's most natural and most easiest to notice, you shoot in the middle up and down, if you hold LMB longer the pattern goes more jittery to left or right, fifty fifty, the more you burst the more tight the grouping will be, simple just as the cruczi explained, it's all about recoil direction.
    Right recoil direction is more rare to see in shooters and is kinda not natural so if you aren't using forward grip to tone it down you aren't getting more than 25HS rates even if you are quake god, it goes to right just too often, hard to keep up tight grouping, while with orion is all natural and with forward grip and burst control, hyperaccurate when compared to TR options for example MSWR, thats why so many people swear by Orion and not by that gun.
  12. Surmise

Yes and that is without vertical recoil control, i.e. holding the mouse down a bit stronger? With it the shot groupings are very tight especially with bursting 4-5bullets.
  13. Shanther

It isn't as pronounced as the MSWR's is. Take the grip off and you will notice it move. However on...

http://i.imgur.com/tuD864k.png
    http://i.imgur.com/CJresiv.png

You can see the side to side difference. Like I said above, you can only compensate for the Orion by pulling down. Unlike the MSWR where you only need to pull down and to the left. In close ranges this jitter isn't a big deal, but when you are trying to shoot out to medium to longish ranges it becomes much more of an issue.

The jitter becomes worse when you are burst firing a lot like you are forced to do with the Betelgeuse.
  14. cruczi

Yes of course no recoil compensation whatsoever. Also no attachments with either weapon.

MSW-R grouping should be slightly inferior due to having higher minimum horizontal recoil, but such a small difference is most likely impossible to see from these sorts of tests, especially as there's so much RNG involved.
  15. sindz

Funny how you didnt mention all the places where i disproved you. Odd isn't it? And there is no rage, I just gave up on you, since even when proved wrong you won't ever admit anything. Stubbornness doesn't deserve anything.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WoodmanPS2/comments/1xm7cx/psa_how_recoil_works_in_planetside_2/

read that and read the replies. they cant even come to a conclusion, so its kinda funny how you suddenly can. But I guess you are the almighty SOE dev, that has all the secrets.
    • Up x 1
  16. Longasc

Some players are really dangerous. They are really hard to avoid as they often just look like other players and when you notice their aim is true and their plan sound, you might already be dead!

Weapons are just tools. It's the player that kills.
  17. doombro

The weapons I would consider genuinely OP are the PPA, Ravens, Tank Buster, Railjack, Cyclone, Blitz, Sirius, and Orion.

PPA and Ravens because of how absurdly noisy they are, Tank Buster because you can instagib pretty much everything in the game with a single, relatively quick magdump, Railjack because it's overpowered by design, Cyclone because it has specs good enough to be a carbine, and Blitz/Sirius because they have absurdly accurate hipfire with little bloom to boot. Orion (and betelgeuse) because .75 ADS movespeed on a decent DPS heavy assault weapon means you've pretty much already won the war.
  18. Surmise

I just pointed out the biggest flaw because you said the MSWR has better accuracy because of better recoil, but you actually prove yourself that MSWR is total inferior to AR-like Orion for Heavy assault, Orion that is even superior to default TR AR T1 Cycler in all important statistics and medic is no heavy assault.

Btw it's no secrets, it's usage of brain and many hours spend using these weapons, numbers don't mean performance and power no1 rule, some statistics like ADS speed and specific recoil direction bias include skill and ease of use as well as some combo of stats like no bullet drop and high velocity (over 600) can make a weapon almost hitscan like and hitscan is whole different level of mechanic also, it all adds up to power. Simpletons can't get that easy only things simpletons are good at is getting brainswashed and how to be pro ignorant.

The only infantry waepon that is automatic and even remotely close to being OP next to orion is SVA88 andNC's Cyclone, but only in very close situations, Cyclone velocity is extremely low with bullet drop and mag size is laughable as well as total ammo size. But in 1v1 5metres very op and easy to use.
  19. Jetlag

I see you are still struggling with this after 3 pages of logical arguments attempting to educate you. I feel bad for you.
    The main reason you are having problems here is that you are trying to compare one weapon to a different weapon class fron a different faction while adding your own bias justifications.

You cannot compare a TR assault rifle to a VS LMG, and your opinion that a VS LMG should not out class a TR AR is just that, an opinion. Hopefully you get it this time and dont end up wasting more of your time with this argument.
    • Up x 1
  20. Verviedi

OP stuff-
    Aspis Phalanx turrets (massive damage, doesn't render)
    Spear turrets (massive damage, doesn't render)
    MANA AV turrets (massive damage, doesn't render)
    Dalton (Evidently 2-shots a Magrider by what I encountered today)
    Tankbuster (My skyguard gets farmed when I try to kill libs)
    Gank squads (**** you, OAK and QRY)
    Lockons (No skill, no render, massive damage, flies through terrain)
    IWIN shield (Instawin whenver I get the drop on a Heavy)
    Lasher (Apparently, from all the hate tells I get for using it)