How do I get 'better'?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheronValaraan, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Xasapis

Frame rate is indeed very important. Hit detection issues become a lot more profound when my FPS drops below 40 and people ADADing around seem to warp from one spot to another (frame skipping), when my FPS drops below 30. Aiming under those conditions is near impossible.

All these "aces" that you see killing people left and right have:
    • A beast PC that can maintain a stable 60fps
    • A beast connection with no packet losses or interruptions.
    These are things you can get out of the game, before even improving inside the game.

Seriously though, Alt-F to check your FPS. If you're hovering around 30, then that's a major reason for having aiming issues and it takes so much effort to kill anyone.

Not entirely true. While you will not learn to deal with other infantry as infantry yourself in a MAX suit, the suit gives reaction time to the user you can't get as normal infantry. A new player in an uncerted suit is an easy kill anyway, but at least he will have time to scout the surroundings, learn the battle flow and learn the base design a bit, before committing to a real infantry class.

Just keep in mind that you paint yourself with a huge bulls eye in the MAX suit.
  2. Leftconsin

Quick question. Hopefully I phrase this right. In your opinion what would be the threshold for FPS that you shouldn't get any better accuracy? Or, what is the minimum framerate is needed for you to have your best aim?
  3. reydelchicken

Normally I would say at least 120fps.

But, in this game, you'll be able to do just fine with a stable 60fps, since 120 is not really possible.
    When going down fps, I'd say the lower limit that's still playable and won't hurt your aim too much is 30fps, lower than that and you'll start feeling the frame rate when trying to shoot someone.
  4. a-koo-chee-moya

Play Infiltrator. The health disadvantage will teach you to pick your fights carefully, and give you more situational awareness, as you will have to use all the tools in your kit to beat the other classes.

Don't play Heavy. You'll start to rely on your shield to heavily to save you, which isn't good for when your playing other classes.
  5. FBVanu

very nice Game Guide in your signature.
    You should send a link to RadarX (SOE), via PM.. they need to put that up with their new player help.
  6. Iridar51

SOE isn't terribly forthcoming towards written guides, but I guess it's worth a try.
  7. K0NFL1QT

After playing Heavy for a while and switching to Engineer, I always end up throwing my ammo pack at my enemies face when they catch me by surprise...
  8. FBVanu

9. ViXeN

Click on the link to my Infantry Guide in my sig and follow the advice there if you prefer playing infantry. This game is not pay-to-win. But there are some advantages to having a sub, such a higher resource rate, you'll be able to get a much higher SPM than non-subscribers, etc... But none of those things will give you a huge advantage as far as staying alive and having more success over other players are concerned. You still have to practice and develop your skills. :D Just by patient.
  10. Morti

This game isn't pay to win at all. It's pay to grind less. Most primary weapons are side-grades with no clear set winner.

Don't for a second think that buying a weapon will increase your performance. It won't. The defaults for most classes are pretty good, they just take time to master.
    • Up x 1
  11. TheKhopesh

The starter weapons for Combat Medic, Light Assault and Engineer are very well rounded for most all situations.
    Use them for a while, find a class you like, and practice.

As well, the engineer and Light Assault classes share Carbines.

What Faction do you play (Terran Republic, Vanu Sovereignty, or New Conglomerate)?
  12. Kentucky Windage

Play hard. Play against better players. Focus on your suit whether you're using flak or nanoweave. Also, get enough certs to unlock some expendables like tank mines, claymores(TR), and bouncing betty's(NC). But the best advice of all is join a good Outfit. As a new player most of the good Outfits will have training available for noobs and veterans alike.

When I first started out I played on Connery and got to join the 666th Devil Dogs. As a United States Marine I thought it was the coolest thing to play in that Outfit and I enjoyed myself tremendously. I am very grateful for all the fun times I had there and the many wonderful players I met and learned from. I have a lot of respect for them and hope they are doing well even though I play against them now. Good bunch of dudes and dudets they are.

Get with a good Outfit. Your fun meter will go through the roof and who knows, with all the training you'll be doing, you might start dishing out more pain than your receiving. Good Luck. FlexedBiscuit out.

PS- If you're on Emerald I would seek out the Vindicators(if you're Vanu?). Vindicore, Footjam, and Negator are the cream of the crop. They have a great website also. Excellent training and high quality spandex.:D
  13. Dieter Perras

You can't increase your health by paying real life money. What you are experiencing are the effects of client side hit detection.
  14. Jawarisin

First thing first, you should get your head out of P2W. This game is more of a P2ST by which I mean: Pay To Save Time. The default weapons are all amazing, except for the infiltrator - who's a special case.

Certs WILL drastically help, but a good player will do good anyways. It's more about learning to aim correctly, learning the bases and such. The reason you feel 3 shotted is simply the client side delay. You can see more about that on google, or Wrel made a video about that I believe. In reality, he's put just as many rounds into you as you into him.

As far as infantry goes, if you want to get better, aim for the head. As someone whom I don't remember said: This game is a Headshot simulator.

Everything else would be more specific, hard to explain and would pretty much have to be teach-tutored to you. Or you can learn the hard way like a lot of us did.

I didn't read everything on this thread, but my last advice would be to disregard most advices on here, unless they make a lot of sense to you. A LOT of players talk about stuff they don't know a thing about (like if I were to talk about tanking...)