[Video] NC 19A Fortuna Gunplay

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by CerealBox, Sep 13, 2014.

1. CerealBox

Here's some combat gunplay with the NC's Directive Carbine the 19A Fortuna.
    If you got any questions about it, you can leave them here.

• Up x 3
  2. Neo3602

Nice video, I heard that SOE made it so that you can change the optics of directive weapons it that true?
  3. Iridar51

It is, though it's kinda weird. TRAC Shot now has iron sights by default, but when I use 1x reflex (haven't tried anything else), the front iron sight still remains, and kinda just hangs below the red dot. Kinda pointless and distracting, but not gamebreaking.
  4. asdfPanda

Really? That's actually kinda cool; it's like the M16A3 from Battlefield then?

@OP: Nice video, but you'd probably get more visibility on the general or LA forum(even though gameplay is engi).
  5. Iridar51

No. The front sight is below the red dot, not behind it. I launched the game to take a couple of screenshots for you, but discovered a bug in the process.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/FLjEa

1) So first I equipped the TRAC Shot as it was stored in my loadout, with 1x Reflex. You can see the front iron sight is present, below the red dot.
    2) Then I removed the 1x Reflex, and screenshotted the iron sights.
    3) Then I unlocked and equipped 2x reflex. The front iron sight disappeared.
    4) Intrigued, I equipped back 1x Reflex. Yep, front sight was gone for good. Waaaiiit a minuteeeee
    5) Having a bad feeling, I removed the 1x reflex to check on the iron sights. Yep. Front iron sight gone. GG SOE.

I'd make a bug report but I'm currently so dissatisfied with this game - just tired of it, I guess - that I don't even care. Will leave that task to you.
  6. asdfPanda

Sure, will do.

This makes me less motivated to do the directive, but meh.
  7. Iridar51

This only a problem if you were going to use iron sights, and I'm sure there's some way to reset iron sights so they once again have the front sight. I just haven't tried anything.
  8. CerealBox

As usual, that's some interesting stuff you found iridar. Never had that issue with the fortuna though.
  9. GerryAtric

Nice Cerealbro, may be my favorite vid of yours so far. Particularly liked that you showcased the play as Engi.
  10. Borsty

Very nice video :)
    Only criticism: Why did you play that as engineer? Could have done exactly the same as light assault (except the sticky nades) and gotten some jetpacks! ;)
  11. Shaengar

I really tried to like the fortuna but I had to put it away after I obtained the gold medal for it. It just doesn't fit my playstyle as a light assault and is too weak at medium-long distances. I really missed a forward grip.

The Underbarrel Shotgun is nice and very fun to use
    But for every second UBSG kill you make there is this situation where you miss or don't do enough damage to OHK and end end up in a very bad poition.
    I mainly used it as a last resort when someone wounded and chased me around a corner. It can save lives then. But I rarely relied on it as my primary weapon except from occasional trolling.

Too bad. The waepon looks so nice combined with dark camo. Maybe I'll try it on an indoor-engineer loadout like you did.
  12. CerealBox

Well for a few reasons. First of all, I've already made a few Light Assault gunplay videos and no engineer ones.
    I also wanted to make some sort of a point that the engineer is a capable fighting class. Due to time constraints and video focus, I left out a lot of the turret wielding, mine placement, MAX repairs and other such things.

Now as for the weapon itself, I feel that the slow velocity, jumpy recoil, and the way it handles doesn't give it much of an edge in the mid-long range rooftop engagements that happen when playing light assault. The fortuna doesn't really feel like a rooftop dominant weapon unless it's at a much closer range. So like most of the examples in the video, I stuck with the fortuna's strengths rather than it's shortcomings. (It's strengths being a 167 damage at 15 meters AKA 4 shot headshot up to 15 meters or an instant underbarrel kill at around 5-7 meters)
  13. Gicod

That video was great. Your skill is pretty amazing. I imagine myself in any one of those situations and all I would be doing is respawning.