SMG Directive Goal

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SJAC, Sep 4, 2014.

1. SJAC

I made another run yesterday. This time it was Extended Mags, SPA and NV optics, without any barrel attachment
    My K/D gone up with this weapon by large margin:
    1. I didnt noticed any difference without compensator/forward grip. My effectiveness became same. Actually i stopped to burst at range and started to control short burds snagging headshots.
    2. My performance increased greatly with hipfire, and that saved my ***/provided me alot of kills, since even if you control distance, you always have danger of some LA/Infil landing on you, so you regularily forced to CQC some, even if you fight outdoors.
    3. I think Extended Mags is still better option than ALS. Those extra bullets saved me/provided the upper hand i needed in some tight moments.
    4. Neither of Barrel Attachments are optimal. All of them will specialize the weapon, and deny its universality and flexibility. Least harmful could be Muzzle flash suppressor, but it affects burst fire recoil. Compensator kills hipfire, which is vital on this weapon, Silencer is awful choice for gun like PDW. I'd pick Flash suppressor for LA, that will be my next try.
    5. I see the power of granade bandrolier and EMPs/Concs. You need to be very skilled with them though, and i lack that skill and just need more practice. But i like its potential.
    6. I read Mustarde's post about compensator on Eridani and i may give it some try. The weapon is more universal on shorter ranges, and its more precise. It have very manageable and predictable recoil, and i think its best weapon in the whole game (at least for me). Eridani beats PDW, but alas there no black/gold Eridani that i could stick to that gun in order to get my directive done - i would prefer it that way.
  2. Moz

I souldnt worry about that, you can only Aurax ONE type of a gun for your directives anyway. So if you have Aurax on NS7, getting the NS7B wont add a directive.

Also, the gold SMGs / guns have their own directive tier.
  3. Mustarde

Did you miss the paragraph immediately following where I say that if I wanted a mid range automatic ADS weapon, I'd rather just use an ASR? It's like you're refuting something I already refuted in my own comment.
  4. Iridar51

What's the point of making the original comment then? Just so you can refute it? :confused: You're so used to owning people that you owned yourself by accident? :p
    • Up x 1
  5. STR1D3R109

I find the flash suppressor on the SMG's to be pretty great, Suppressor is alright but any medium range attacks is completely useless.

Using laser sights for me is alot better than extended mags for be because I usually have the tendency to tap reload after most kill situations. But I can see extened mags being great with the EMP bandoiler for sure :3
  6. SJAC

Oddly enough it appears as separate weapons which are viable for certification in derictive. Are you sure and had such experience (that N7-PDW B wont provide another count additionally to separate N7-PDW progression), because in this case all the directive certification is very misleading. I wanted to buy PDWB in order to make my 4th aurax, wanted to skip mkv.

Btw i tried compensator Eridani. Its powerful but i have mixed feelings about it. It really powerful at short-medium range, but it loses effectivity at hipfiring, so you are less defencive with the weapon, and at medium-long ranges it becomes same as pdw. Its a killer on ~15-20ish though which is quite common engagement distance.

Also i have hard time adaptation on bandoiler. any tips on that / videos (bandoiler with pdw/extended range effectivity eridani)
    For now in my progression the feeling is like Eridani > PDW > Sirius in general fights, Sirius > else in just zergy indoors cluster^^^k, but i trying to keep out of those, outdoors zone-transition or base outskirts areas are the best.
  7. Moz

I don't have this experiance personally, however I wanted to do exactly the same (skip the MKV) and asked around in my outfit. I was informed that it isnt possible by one who said he had tried it and it didnt work. I took his word and went and did the MKV (horrible) because the last thing I wanted to do was Aurax a wep that didnt count.

Guess you can give it a go yourself, OR do what i did and play it safe. Your call dude! :D
  8. Shuuda

Are you sure your friend wasn't using the gold version of the empire 1st gen SMG, which I know doesn't count towards SMG directives, but the exceptional weapons instead?

I too would like some confirmation as to whether the other versions of the PDW will count towards directives if you already auraxiumed one version of it. I don't see any indication on the directive screen that they won't, and looking across the forums and reddit hasn't offered me a straight yes or no answer yet.
  9. Moz

The discussion we had was about the NS7-PDW and the NS7B-PDW. I had the black version done and was wondering about the normal version.
  10. Shuuda

I believe I may have found some evidence against what you're saying here: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428130184552126433/weapons

This person has aurxium medals with all three PDW variants, the MKV, and the Armistice, but not the Hailstorm (and the gold Armisitice doesn't count). He has the Shuriken regardless. Unless I'm missing something, this proves that you can aurxium multiple versions of the PDW to get directives.

If what you're saying is true, then he wouldn't have it due to two of the PDW varients being invalid, and therefore only giving him three directives completed.

My apologies to the fellow I've linked to, but I hope this settles the matter and helps the OP out. That said, I might be missing something here.
  11. Jedesis

Well I just finished auraxing my Cyclone and Blitz, halfway with the MKV, I'm surprised a managed to keep a Dasanfall KDR of 4 with the Cyclone!
  12. Moz

It would certainly appear that way. I will have a lil chat with my outfit mate tonight see what made him think they didnt count.

Will get back when i know a bit more.
  13. SJAC

@Shuuda @Moz thats very important conversation you created - i am sure many people will be interested to hear proper answer on this. I , myself, really want to avoid "NS version of Sirius with less bullets ad free surpressor". If the answer will be that you can have B/G versions to count for directive, then i will defenitely will prefer to buy PDW-B in order to avoid MKV.
    I used to it, and it is solid gun, and its black version will remind me hand/sleeve small cassete tapes i used to take with me in childhood. :V
  14. JesNC

I really don't get all the hate the MKV is getting. On paper it appears to be a more short-range centered version of the PDW - bit slower projectiles, slightly faster damage degradation that to the supressor, but a faster RoF.

In fact, I'm having a far easier time with the MKV than with the PDW (coming from the Cyclone).
  15. Crayv

I think they look at the stats of the MKV and not realize that is the stats of it WITH a suppressor while the PDW is the stats WITHOUT a suppressor. I think overall the PDW with a suppressor is a downgrade over the MKV.
  16. Jawarisin

Go see mental health-care, liking the MKV without a mental problem is impossible.

I personnaly use foward grip instead if extended, and a silencer instead of a compensator. Got to be honest though, I never tried a compensator on there. As far as goes though, I find ADS -> Head to be more efficient. But in all cases, the cqc basr are the best weapon... always and forever.
  17. SJAC

I bought MKV. (That was hard decision but i did it)
    It is much better than i expected. It is very controllable gun which can hipfire for bit longer ranges because of it smooth control and no drawbacks for being supressed while offer more stealth for its lowered drawbacks. It still very situational and personal prefference gun, which is still is not mine.
    So far my personal preference after i had some time with all 4 SMGS are Eridani (universal) > PDW / MKV (situational, one favors exclusive midrange, other extreme mobile - you still better with hipfire on the run - and sneaky style ) > Sirius (outside of extreme cqc and zergy enclosed fights its just much weaker, and it forces you to operate in extreme close ranges where pro players can notice / see you, and you must be focused on target thus you have your flanks open. It favors spray and pray, but once you can manage Eridani without extended mags its 50 ammo become reundant except extreme zergy situations
    So far i can see why people love MKV. It is good if you sure that you must have supressor. I still adore Eridani. It's my fav gun in this game. I would prefer to do 3 Eridani versions and perhaps one for PDW due that midrange niche.
  18. Shuuda

I just want to chime in and say that I got my Shuriken tonight, and I can confirm that yes, you can auraxium multiple versions of the PDW to get it.

This guns going to take some getting used to. It's been forever since I actually used the Armistice.
  19. SJAC

Ok now i can say, based on practice that MKV suck. Ye its smooth and controllable weapon, fast bullets when surpressed. It is just simply weak weapon. With it i lose 1vs1 vs LAs , ones i been winning with any other SMG. There is no other way as to headshot with it. So i will correct the my experience hit parade to Eridani > PDW > MKV and Sirius. Later ones are not always enjoyable to progress with. I prefer to fight on 10 - 30 m and many places and fights are not Sirious/MKV friendly, where in order to get kills you must risk and enter buildings and force youself on 0-10m distances with danger to meet enemy in frontal fight which you will loose if enemy is not infiltrator and is experienced. Versus organized enemies Siriys/MKV are even more painful to use.
    Eridani kills fast, while PDW allow you to extend your range to distances where your visible cloak is not so visible so you can blink disrupting enemy aim if need so.