Game still freezing, locking up, hitching, etc

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NBA JAM, Sep 10, 2014.

1. NBA JAM

Been waiting for a fix for it since Valk update. Was fine for months before the update. Now suddenly 100's and 100's of players are having this issue (yes, the number is that high, I've seen them posting on the forums and complaining in game on /yell on both Connery and Emerald).

The hotfixes have done nothing. As someone on here concluded, it is most likely an inefficiency in memory use on SOE's end. Yes, I'm aware my PC is low grade, yes the graphics card is up to date, no I didn't have any problems prior to valk patch.

What did SOE change in the game's engine to cause this? I could deal with 20 fps. I can't deal with 10-30 seconds of freezing EVERY fight. It happens more often on bigger fights (48+) but still happens in small fights. Making me agree with the current theory that its a memory issue with the game's engine.

Fix plz.

If it helps solve the puzzle, I'm running the game on a crappy 3.2 ghz intel dual core CPU with an old 500 series Geforce graphics card. Also running 64 bit windows 7. Its do-able, and was fine prior to valk update. Now its unplayable.
    • Up x 2
  2. Acceleratio

Ps4 code maybe? I get the same problems :/
  3. NBA JAM

Maybe, I didn't know what they had planned for implementing the PS4 into the PC coding. If that turns out to be the culprit then its going to suck for everyone for a long time to come.
  4. Damz49

Same problem.

Win7 32bits
    C2D E7400 @ 3.2GHZ
    HD4890
    4GO RAM G.Skill

Everything was fine before Valkyrie update, now crashes or freezes or crashes and freezes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Peg

I've been having bluescreens recently. I just had 3 in 20 minutes of play this evening and several yesterday. However today the game is unplayable. I'm barely ingame for 6 or 7 minutes before I get a bluescreen.

Not to long ago, within the past 12 days i'd say, I had a couple of 6 hour long sessions without any problems. Infact I'm sure I played an hour yesterday ok.

I'm not really able to determine what the cause is as the sound scrambles and i'm straight to a blue screen dumping physical memory everywhere.

Nothing on my system has changed in the last month. I am running an OC but some of those 6 hour sessons are on it.
    I don't get any BIOS overheat warnings or anything. I thought it could be solid state related so ran som diagnostics on that and everything checks out ok.

AMD Phenom X2 965 Black 3.4 OC'd to 4.1Ghz
    8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Unganged
    ATi Radion HD 6790 800 Mhz OC'd to 950Mhz
    Win 7 64 bit

Thanks

Peg
  6. Feydakin

Yes, almost like clockwork since the Valkyrie update I get a crash to desktop with no error code, about every 30 minutes... Reported this already and already posted in other threads. Game nigh on unplayable in any organized fashion right now.
  7. AgentRed

I been getting the same problem I have a gtx570
  8. JackD

Same here, iam giving up on this, will log in maybe once a week to check if they fixed it but i doubt they even will.
    • Up x 2
  9. RCpixels

I'm still getting those annoying 10 seconds freezes, and crashing a lot too.
    • Up x 1
  10. queue

I noticed that if I fly in to a zone with a few valkries, i CTD shortly after my client starts to render them.

I never crash when spawning at a base with 1-12 and no air but I almost always crash when spawning in a base with a lot of air, especially valkries (I can hear them).
  11. Garmus

Still exactly the same problem here

Today I loged into game in hope SOE did something with this well known issue, but seems like it went even worse than before. Its like ~140 FPS at warpgate, but freezes and ~5 FPS even in 20v20 fights. Basically I am forced to stop playing because at the current state the game is literally unplayable for me. Nothing helps me, be it forcing CPU to not parking cores, set high process priority in Windows task manager, lowering graphic quality settings and render distance to minimum. Nothing helps at all.

... As I said in other threads, before the PS4 integration patch I was playing perfectly fine in even 90v90 battles, I had no issues at all.

PS: About game crashes - my game never crashed again since I upgraded my WindowsXP-32bit to Windows7-64bit, not even a single crash since that upgrade (in WinXP, I got crash every 0,5-2 hours of gameplay - most probably bad game memory management "memory leaks").
  12. NBA JAM

What I'm amazed with is that there have been NO comments from SOE that I have seen on this issue. Which makes me think they really don't have an answer this time (or don't want to).

Considering how widespread the issue is, I think its kind of an upper tier priority. To hell with new voice packs and changes to new public test server, lets get the core game working first.

The issue looks similar to one that a lot of people had when the game first launched which was a Virtual Memory issue. In that case after about 1-2 hours of playing (depending on your RAM and computer) you would simply crash without fail.

There were some temp fixes for it where you could increase your Virtual Memory size, but this time that doesn't have any effect at all. Happens a tiny bit in small fights/warpgate and happens every minute in big fights (48+ on each team).

I've played with every setting in Nvidia individually, messed around with the memory settings in my comp; nothing. I'm just logging in for certs every day and checking if there's been an update.

</3
    • Up x 2
  13. Klagmire

I feel ya, I unsubbed because I was so annoyed. I play on emerald and keep getting the "Connection quality bad" Then players and vehicles jumping around all over the place for about a minute the play for 4 minutes ok then "bad connection"

Plus what NBA JAM said -- No response

And here is my connection to a server in Ashburn Virginia where emerald supposedly is.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3753923884

And I have a
    I5 3570 3.4ghtz
    8gb of ram
    win 8.1 64 bit
    and a GTX 560ti 2meg --- a mid level system

It was that valkerie update! Why why?!!
  14. kingabdan

ihave the same problem the game keep freezing when you aim or shoot or even walking
  15. F0RCE

We keep posting these kind of threads but no one bothers to look at forums until the post reaches over 50 comments cause PS2 devs are too busy with reddit and can't listen to people's problems on their OFFICIAL FORUMS.
  16. bulletcatcher

Same freezing for me,,totally unplayable. Maybe the best way to fix this is to uninstall the game...go outside and get some air , meet some people ..naah i'll just wait for a hotfix
  17. OldMaster80

The hotfix somehow worked for me: the game runs smooth at ultra settings. I still get black screen and ctd every now and then but it occurs like every 45-60 minutes instead of every 2 minutes.
    There is still some job to do about stability.
  18. Eternal Enigma

I'm getting the hitching too and my game has been freezing a lot lately. Hitching seems to occur in exactly the same areas, which leads me to believe it's a prop in that area causing this issue.

In one of the recent updates I noticed the appearance of a texturing/geometry issue on the Sunderer where you can see straight through the Sunderer when it's deployed. (Pictures Below)

[IMG]

[IMG]

I believe THAT is causing the hitching. When I said hitching seems to occur in exactly the same areas and that I believe it's a prop causing it... I've noticed that a deployed Sunderer is always near by when I personally experience hitching. I've also noticed that my game freezes EVERY TIME I use a deployment shield Sunderer. I fully certed that thing too. :\

Last time I experienced hitching really bad was last night on Amerish at The Bastion. There was a Sunderer deployed in the tower sitting on the elevators near C and each time I would spawn on it and run up the stairs of the tower headed towards A I would experience hitching every single time. That's when I began thinking it might be the Sunderer causing it. I could be wrong, but it's worth a look.

When my game freezes if I alt+tab out of the game it usually unfreezes when I tab back in. My menus also take forever to load, but I've found that if I alt+tab out of the game during loading screens they load instantly when I tab back in. I'm not sure if this is a memory issue or what. While troubleshooting the slow loading screen problem (appearing after a recent game update) I updated my GPU drivers to the most recent drivers and the screen loading issue was corrected, but since other issues popped up I rolled back to the previous drivers that worked the best for me.
    • Up x 1
  19. Aaren

There have been a lot of LOD bugs latley. Guns with low LOD showing illuminated textures, bases and terrain a few meters away having gaping holes in them or inverted normals:

[IMG]

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they've recently changed their method of model decimation and it's causing issues with certain gpu/cpu's.
    • Up x 1
  20. Luny Toons

This game is unplayable for me it freezes and glitches so much im at a point where im almost ready to give give up on this game i have had no problem playing any other online game as i did with this one.

CPU: i5-3340 @3,10 GHz
    GPU: Nvida GTX550Ti
    4GB RAM
    1440 x 900 60Hz

any tips is welcome i also tried running NVIDIA GeForce optimization however no real improvement i also went as far as to try and put graphics on the lowest possible setting however that was equally as futile