[PSA] Striker changes from last nights Higby Pls

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by T0x1s, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Jube

We understand that in it's original version the Striker was broken and the scenario you describe was reality.
    Your posts on this subject seem to be mostly negative. While I understand that you don't want the Striker to be over powered again, please try to restrain yourself with dire predictions of a return to those days. I'm sure the Dev team is not going to allow that to occur a second time with the same weapon system.
    That being said, we are talking about a ESRL and it SHOULD be at least as good as the other ESRL's, not better, not game changing, not broken like before, just as good, which means better than a base rocket launcher.
    As far as I'm concerned if they make it fun to play then they will have succeeded. In it's current state it is not only worthless but an aggravation to play with.
    • Up x 3
  2. AirpainFood

It needs 250 damage per rocket, all other stats stay the same. If you hit all rockets, its a total of 1250, which is good, but more than likely you will not hit all rockets.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ztiller

250 damage per rocket and all other stats identical.

Let's see. The Striker would then be able to:

Kill a ESF in 5 shots.

Kill a MAX in 4 shots.

Kill a Vanguard in 2 reloads, with a TTK of ~30 seconds. 15 seconds SHORTER than a regular dumbfire.

Kill a Lightning in 1 reload, with a TTK of about ~10 seconds. 20 seconds shorter than a Dumbfire.

Reliably Hit Targets at 2x the range of any other dumbfire due to having more than double velocity of the any other regular dumbfire.

Automaticially lock on to any aircraft nearby to the missiles.

I can't possibly see this being unbalanced in any way.

This is why Forums should not be in charge of balancing.
  4. Ranik

Is someone in this thread Reporting all posts that disagree with them? I keep noticing posts vanish while I'm here at work.

Funny that...
    • Up x 4
  5. Chrispin

While those TTKs would be ridiculously short and indeed give too much power to the Striker, you should not make up statistics like that when you haven't taken into account resistances. Giving the Striker 2.5X the original damage for each rocket does not mean the TTK is then divided by 2.5. For example, if a tank resists 40% Striker damage, the original 100 damage would be reduced by 40 to end up dealing 60 damage. Then, the modified damage of 250 would actually be reduced by a whopping 100 to end up actually dealing 150 damage.

None of us know the true resistance values, so don't go jumping the gun and throwing out misleading statistics to make an argument. If you want SOE to listen to you, then you must first show that you know the basics of what you are talking about. Actively spreading misinformation is not going to make SOE underbuff the Striker. All that does is make them ignore your posts completely.
    • Up x 7
  6. BarxBaron

I'm having that happen, but it was another thread.

Either the mods need to wake up or they are overly sensitive.

*Prepares to have this post deleted due to truth*
    • Up x 2
  7. Ztiller

I have not madeu p the statistics. It's taken from my TTK comparison, and it DOES take into account resistances. If you reduce 100 dmg by 40%, it deals 60.

If you reduce 250 dmg by 40% it deals 150. 150 IS 2.5x as much as 60. That is how basic percentage mathematics work.

The person i replied to said that no other value was going to be changed, and that includes resistances. In short, my math is perfectly accurate and not made up in any way.

The sugggestions would give you a weapon with 50% higher DPS than the most damaging dumbfire in the game, 3x the velocity AND the ability to lock onto aircraft. You would have a ESRL who was an upgrade to literally every other launcher in the game.

The resistances values are irrelevant, because i have the TTK values. And the TTK would, effectively, be about 2.5x lower. However i still added a "~" infront to show that they are not 100% accurate. If i wanted a 100% accurate TTK, i could check my TTK videos and see at what point it hits the required rockets used and say that is the TTK, but it's not necessary.

I have not made up anything, and my math shows just how absolutely insane it would be to give the Striker 250 damage. It would literally be more broken than the first Striker AND old ZOE combined.
  8. Archiadus

It could deal 10.000.000 damage per hit and still not kill a single average Joe pilot because they move and you don´t.
    • Up x 2
  9. Vanir

So I was on the test server and I was testing to see how accurate the Striker was for hitting a turret from 100 meters away. It was almost impossible to hit it. If I was using a Lancer or a Phoenix , then hitting the turret would of been no problem at all. Either allow the Striker to lock on to ground vehicles in the same way it dose for air, or leave the Striker the way it is with a secondary dumb fire mode.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kunavi

I don't see this ending well, somehow. The whole Striker affair I mean. It's not just the false perceptions of people who have not put behind the OP Striker days(Funny that, we've forgotten their Disco-Lobster Parade 24/7 Farm-Fests), it's SOE just teasing us like when they told we'll be getting a new ESSR. We did but it was the shortest straw. Speaking of which, there is currently a visual glitch when using the TRAP, some sort of ripple visual distortion at the bottom of the screen and texture tearing on the soldier's left forearm. It looks like bad cam placement because I'm sure the weapon and the forearm look abnormally long, which is probably causing the tearing in fact.

Just saying.
    • Up x 1
  11. Covah

With a velocity buff and maybe 1 more rocket in the mag it should do the trick.
  12. Ranik

At the very least it needs

Velocity buff.
    RPM Buff
    Small mag size increase
    Change to Autofire. (As I feel like I'm murdering my mouse to actually fire the thing as fast as possible)

That will go a long way to help it. After that they can consider small damage buffs to the direct and indirect damage. To give it at least some amount of anti max potential and if necessary to reward the fact that you have to land 4-6 shots on a ground vehicle to get the same effect as other RL's. It may become a case of "You have to land more shots over time so you have a slight DPS edge if all rounds hit" Like the Prowler.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rovertoo

When does he do Higby pls? I'd like to watch them live, but I've never seen a schedule or anything. Also, any links to the latest one?
  14. TriumphantJelly

Tried the Striker: It's around the margin of ZOE (barely noticable advantages for a variety of immense downsides), and needs buffing; I would suggest a mag increase to 10, a slight velocity increase and shorter reloads. Limit range to 200m. Put this on PTS and see how it goes. Also, improve sights.

Edit: Full auto.
    • Up x 2
  15. WarmasterRaptor

That's so funny. Any particular reason why that launcher would be so randomly limited to be effective at 200m ? o_O
    • Up x 2
  16. TriumphantJelly

Because it would have the veloity of a Shatter (can't remember what it's called) and would be able to 12 shot an ESF with a 10 shot magazine: It needs a downside. Maybe not. And why, exactly, is that "funny"? o_O
  17. Huggzsbunny

The damage needs a freaking buff more than anything still. 100 damage is PATHETIC in vehicular gameplay and considering its gonna take you atleast 3 seconds to unload a whole magazine which will be 600-700 damage if they increase it's mag size which is TERRIBLE. All RL's will still be superior to the "new" Striker. If it takes me more time to match the damage of standard RL, I should be able to output more damage in the long run. If the damage stays at 100, that means its gonna take around 4 magazines to down a magrider if all shots land... that is just awful...
    • Up x 1
  18. Ranik

PTS Striker seems to have had it's velocity buffed from 150 to 180 same as the fracture. Otherwise still the same and still severely underwhelming.
    • Up x 4
  19. Kunavi

It's a TRAP. No pun intended. Yeah right.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zica96

Yeah that would be VERY useful to add, and i hope they add it
    • Up x 1