[BUG] Scythe bugs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Sep 12, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

How I hate those bugs.. do you have them too?
    1) When I suicide after taking 0,00000001% dmg from enemy, he will get 500 free xp
    2) I have to land with 10 km/h, otherwise I will do huge dmg to myself
    3) Sometimes when Im repairing, its exploding with no reason
    4) When I spawn I dont have ready Fire suppresion.. it says "Fire Suppresion: Wait" or something like that.. just after spawn
    5) Sometimes Afterburner indicator in interior is empty even when I have full
  2. Tommyp2006

1 actually isn't a bug, that's how the system is designed to work at the moment, happens no matter what you are doing, credit goes to the last person do damage you within a certain amount of time, even for fall damage as infantry.
    3 isn't without reason, your scythe is getting hit by something from outside infantry render distance, so the projectile isn't rendering for you.
  3. patrykK1028

3 is without reason, just a moment before I was repairing my Scythe within anybody in radius of 600m and it exploded
  4. Matt879

The only one out of that that I'd say is actually a bug is the last one... Scythes don't instantly combust, its fair that the game assumes that you crashed because you panicked after an enemy hit you, you shouldn't be making 100kph landings and the fourth one is because the fire suppression cool down is carried over to the next scythe that you spawn.
  5. patrykK1028

Actual jets are landing with more than 200 kmh I think. And how is it fair that guy who gave 0,0000000001% dmg to me gets reward? When I crash myself it should be suicide
  6. Xasapis

People were intentionally crashing to deny kills. This is the fix.
  7. The_Blazing

What you mentioned are actually ESF-wide problems, mainly because the difference between each ESF is no that pronounced.

Apart from that yes, these are all extremely annoying things.

The most ******** one is by far "randomly explode on land/repair"; from my experience it is not exactly random, but just another case of really bad physics. If your aircraft touches the ground after you have pressed CTRL to descend while in hover mode, it will take extreme collision damage, especially if you exit for repairs before it touches. On the other hand, you can literally jump out of an aircraft hovering 1000 meters up in the air, and as long as you were pressing SPACEBAR before/while exiting, it will fall down like a feather and "land" without a scratch. I once had my Liberator survive a huge fall after I accidentally exited from it (that was before I rebound my exit aircraft key to END).
  8. Matt879

They can land that fast because they have landing gear with wheels. The reaver and mossy don't, and the scythe just uses the hover power to stay up rather than landing gear. And it used to be very frustrating to do 50% damage to a vehicle only to have him crash into a mountain and get away with a suicide. Why do you even care anyway if the enemy gets xp? It's not like it harms you at all.
  9. M2_Bradley

According to the lore...Scythes tended to instantly combust.
  10. patrykK1028

It harms me. When I crash myself and get suicide, I think - Im noob, maybe I will learn to fly some day. But if I get killed its more like - I got killed, Im so f*****g lame, I cant fly and I crash myself when enemy barely touches me. And after 5 times you get killed when you really suicide, you start to care about enemys xp
  11. patrykK1028