What's your Latest New Toy?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cruczi, Sep 12, 2014.

1. cruczi

What new ability, weapon, vehicle etc. have you recently begun using that makes you go "damn, this thing is awesome/fun/cool and completely worth my certs/SC"?

For me... TS2 Inquisitor pistol. It's like a semi auto 143 assault rifle (drops only one damage tier, and 30 rounds per mag!), and sounds so powerful when fired, which is cute for a little pocket pistol. It's so accurate that I can use it for all ranged duty and keep my CQC weaponry for situations where I really need firepower. Given that I needed a new pistol to complete directives, it was definitely worth buying. 1000 certs these days is pocket change, easily acquired in a couple of days, and spending it doesn't sting much because I already have almost every piece of equipment I want to use.
    • Up x 5
  2. Archiadus

Unlocked the AP python on my Lightning, always thought that it was 1000 certs so I never looked at it until a friend told me that it was only 500. Have been very successful with it so far against both ground and air targets ( it's a shame that ESFs don't go down in 1 hit though :() , I'll be spawning Lightnings more often now :).
    • Up x 1
  3. Champagon

The magrider, once you learn how to flank/run away, this tank is a BEAST. The problem is you need a good gunner, and you need to just not flip over lol

Running AV setup
    I am a damn Surgeon with the Supernova FPC, and i can now take out infantry pretty consistently.
  4. Jygal

Proxy mines.

Cloak > Enter Building > Overload Generator > Deploy Mines Around Generator > Leave for other Generator > Wait for kill indicator > Repeat
    • Up x 1
  5. ChironV

Corvus for my VS-Medic. Love this gun. Its a beast at midrange. Rawr!
  6. Whatupwidat

AP cannon for the vanguard.

Tanking more than ever now xD
    • Up x 1
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

Supernova FPC (Magrider AP cannon) is awesome as hell. at first i felt like i was forced to use it because of the recent HEAT nerf. but i am glad i use it now. it kills vehicles very reliably, can one-shot ESFs, can kill Liberators as well and can snipe infantry pretty damn well. it's an insanely powerful weapon for a mobile tank like the Magrider (i dont like AP on the Lightning though). i regret that i started using AP so late
  8. patrykK1028

Light PPA. Its the only Scythe weapon I can play with
  9. KenDelta

Afterburner on my Lib , that thing is so good.
    • Up x 1
  10. sustainedfire

I had several thousand certs, that I put into the Valkyrie.

I lament now, because I will never, ever see those certs paid back as a Valkyrie pilot.
  11. andy_m

Dual Mattock.

They give me so much fun. It's a battle of wits between me and the C-4 wielders. I don't always win of course, but sometimes I do and I breathe a sigh of relief as the C-4 brick falls harmlessly to the floor.

On my way to Auraxium medal for them both...
    • Up x 3
  12. Maphreal

The medic class. I've been having a blast with it. The ARs are amazing, and I can contribute to the battle beyond "urr i shoot dis okey?" Between playing medic now and my previous adventures as a LA, I'm really scratching my head at all the people saying HAs are OP.
  13. dstock

A horn for my Valkyrie. HONKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

That said, as much fun as I'm having with it,

Yeah, pretty much. Played two hours last night, made about 70 certs playing mostly Valkyrie. Almost all of my certs were from ribbons: Squad Leadership, Repairs, Healing (I was running FS), Deploy Assists, etc. I'm not griping, I had fun, but it's currently a very heavy investment, considering the rewards.
    • Up x 3
  14. lilleAllan

The Fortuna.

Just came back to the game after directives were introduced.

Was missing one carbine auraxium. Chose to grind out the Bandit.

It's hideous and I hated every second of it - also my overall K/D dropped because I loathe this POS and would throw myself at meat grinder-fights just to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Now I finally have the Fortuna and the pain fades away a little with every underbarrel kill.
  15. The_Blazing

Hornet Missiles. I expected them to be crap, and while the damage is not as high as it should be compared to lolpods, the "laser" guidance (quotes because actual laser guidance doesn't work like that) system allows me to score literally almost every hit. The fact that you only need a second to unload instead of 4-5 also makes super-close-range borderline-suicidal attack runs much easier.
  16. KnightCole

Nothing in this game has gotten me to go "damn that was worth my certs and SC" as much as the EM6 has. T9S is a close second, since it has been buffed it was alot nicer, but it still leaves me going whiskey tango foxtrot a bit to often.
  17. Diilicious

some shotgun called a Mauler or something for my NC engineer, I dont know if i bought it, or if it was free or what, but ive neglected it for a long time like "meh shotgun" I started using it inside a biolab being beseiged by scrin worshipers and have killed so many people i decided 'THIS IS AWESOME, NO GOING BACK'

<3

i could never kill 2 with the same clip with the stock engineer carbine thing, but i can with the shotgun so its legit.
  18. DrPapaPenguin

Errrrr...... T4AMP :p I love it.
  19. Stigma

Lower rate of fire guns in general... I've always stuck to guns that are either the highest DPS potential or close to it, in PS2 and BF ect. but due to having to auraxium different guns for directives I inevitably had to run with some lower DPS weapons for a while - and I have to say that the experience hasn't been entirely unenjoyable. I still prefer the high DPS output weapons for most cases, but guns like the NS15M are quite nice once you get to know them a bit, I don't regret using them for a while.

-Stigma
  20. Axehilt

I guess my most recent thing is Grinders w/ Slugs. Highest KPH MAX weapon across all my characters by a noticeable margin (and hilariously rated M** mostly because most grinder users probably try to make them work without slugs and they're terrible without slugs), and able to engage at even longer range than Mattocks (but without the awesome one-hit kills that Mattocks get at closer range.)