Pounder MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Simferion, Sep 7, 2014.

1. DevDevBooday

Look im TR for life but pounder MAXes are ridiculously awesome.

They massacre everything and when coupled with lockdown it can kill a full health Vanny in like 4 seconds.
  2. Vixxing

Well i played NC recently and can only afford Falcons on my NC toon... so stood on a platform with falcons and 2 raven maxxes was next to me...
    TR keeped pouring in sunderers and those 2 Raven maxxes killed a sunderer in seconds... was slaughter... (i changed to engie and gave them ammo)

They where INSANE against armor... (Vortex is ridicolous in comparison yet they are ALOT better against infantry too)
  3. MiniSentrygun

Seriously, Pounders are ******* awesome.

I play dual falcons on my NC main, so I'm used to landing direct hits with AV MAX weaponry.
    I was really surprised when I first got my hands on Dual Pounders, I didn't believe people saying this weapon was good.

The absolute best thing about this weapon is the clip size. When I go dual Falcons, a lot of the times there's that twitchy jumping LA or HA that tries to kill me with explosives. If I miss my volley of rockets, I'm in danger of getting C4'd. Pretty much the same for Comets, it's a 3hit kill and I have total 4 shots. On the other hand, dual Pounders give total 8 shots, and 3hits kill infantry. That means that it has plenty of room for errors, unlike falcons and comets, that missing a single shot won't get me killed while reloading.

The Pounder also performs well against other MAXes, simply because of its damage output. Also works well against vehicles, and the only disadvantage compared to Comets and Falcons is the lack of burst damage and range, which is not really that significant.

Pounders are the most "reliable" AV MAX weaponry in the game. I would use it over Falcons any day.
  4. Ash87

Pounders are awesome, what I run 90% of the time on my max.

But they aren't OP, you can't use them up close, you have to deal with the arc, you have a salvo or two before it kills infantry. Still, they are better for all around combat.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

All MAX AV is pretty ripper, though lock down pounders are by far my favorit.
  6. Ronin Oni

o_O

Are you high?

They were buffed a lil bit ago. They're considered probably the best Biofarm MAX weapon.
  7. Ronin Oni

lol slight exageration unless you managed to lockdown behind the vanny without them noticing you.

It is terrifyingly destructive locked down though.

Good positioning and a pocket engie are key though (I seem to get lucky with randoms pairing up with me... maybe they know they'll get more XP than be by dropping an ammo box at my feet and repairing off the gobs of damage the enemy is bound to throw at me as soon as I wipe a full squad)
  8. XRIST0

My mistake I didn't know they got buffed recently , in the past i remember using them and they were very bad and you couldn't kill infantry if you tried , the firing arc made it even harder to hit your targets from any decent range .. they were always great against armor though , If you could get close enough .

I might have to try them out , and yes im always high lol .