1000 Certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The_Real_Big_Deal, Sep 7, 2014.

1. The_Real_Big_Deal

So I plan on saving up seriously for a 1,000 cert weapon. Any suggestions? I usually play as a Light Assualt, with soloing roles, and for destroying vehicles with C-4. I need a solid weapon that will dispose any enemy troops that may spawn at a Sunde when I'm in the middle of dropping C-4. I was thinking of the LC2 Lynx, but any others I should eye as well? Should I invest in NS weapons instead?
  2. Kociboss

NS weapons - Better to buy them with SC (it will unlock them on all chars on any empire)

I presume you're TR? You can't go wrong with Jaguar + ALS + SPA. Cheap and effective.
    • Up x 1
  3. Oddhermit

I feel like there's no reason to spend 1k certs on a Lynx, or really any other carbine options for TR, over the 250 cert Jaguar.

Try them both out in the VR, trial them on live, see what you prefer feel wise. Personally the new Lynx doesn't do much for me that the Jaguar, or even the TRAC-5, doesn't do equal or better for 1/4th the cost or free.

1000 cert weapons aren't inherently better, if that's why you think a 1000 cert weapon is worth it. The cert prices are just weird...because... I don't know actually, they just seem to've made them randomly more and less expensive.
  4. Murx

Shotguns. LA used as parachutist jumping in - shotgun. NS weapon can be nice by bought SC because only then all of your toons can use the new NS weapon. But as sidearm the commissioner. Good weapon for an incoming LA. One shoot and knife or vice versa.
    If it should be a carabine - Lynx/Jaguar - razor - Vx6-7/Serpent.
  5. Vertabrae

Use the jag. The end all be all of tr light assaults. No real reason to ever use anything else.

Don't get me wrong, other guns are handy at times. But the jag doors everything without the need to spend 1k certs. Anything else and you end up wishing you had something just a little better at range, or a little better at cqc, or better hipfire.

The jag is just good at everything.
  6. Tommyp2006

What these guys said. Between the 250 cert jag, the 250 cert (or free) t5 amc, and the free shotgun, you really don't need much else on the LA, unless you just really want it.
  7. Pingonaut

How's that working out for you anymore, though? Since you're soloing I imagine you have trouble actually destroying the sunderers.

I bought the Lynx and I was very happy. I use it as my main gun for LA.
  8. Joay

Probably similar to what i experience; nobody uses the shield
  9. LibertyRevolution

My counter to deploy shield sunderer is to pull a blockade sunderer and drill both mags of basilisk into it, then jump out and c4 it..
    I used to use viper lightning, but sunderers are cheaper now. I love this new resource system, it seems like I am always full.
  10. vsae

If you specifically plan on buying 1000 cert weapon, buy a shotgun, a NightHawk.
  11. Iridar51

If you're looking for CQC domination nothing beats the full auto shotgun, NightHawk. Though the gun is cheesy as hell*.

* - sanctioned to use on HA and MAX for their delicious tears.

I would not recommend using the Lynx, 909 RoF sounds great on paper, but 125 damage is just bleh for a carbine, though I guess that's the best you can go with if you're looking for both CQC power and reach further than what shotguns and SMGs can do.
    But if you're willing to trade some of the DPS for reach might as well go with the Jaguar and save the certs. If you can hip fire at the head it's much better than Lynx.