Nanite Systems soldiers, sound off!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RemingtonV, Sep 7, 2014.

1. RemingtonV

I just want to know if there are any other players who prefer to go with a all NS loadout? Also what NS items are you missing? Including cosmetics. (Yeah Im a major NS fan, I'm the guy who keeps the NS wikipage updated)

I have 3 NS loadouts for each of my classes:
    NS Primary: Standard NS rifle for the class (with NV scope, forward grip, compensator, and softpoint ammo)
    357 Underboss (with flashlight)
    Annihilator (for the Heavy)

NS Close Range: Baron G5 shotgun (with NS scope and extended mag)
    44 Commissioner (with flashlight)
    Decimator (for the Heavy)
    (Close Range is replaced with Recon for the Infil)

NS Stealth: MKV Supressed (with NV scope, advanced laser sight and soft point ammo)
    Hunter QCX crossbow (attachments vary depending on class)
    Decimator (for the Heavy)

NS Recon: 7 PDW (with NV scope, forward grip, compensator, and softpoint ammo)
    44 Commissioner (with flashlight)

I have most of the NS items. All Im missing is:

1. The QCX variants: Heartstring, Blackheart, and Platinum (I subscribed to SOE's twitch but havent yet received the crossbow)

2. The Kraken

3. The Autoblade (PLEASE devs, give the us a chance to get this item. Not all of us are lucky enough to have the time/money to go to gaming conventions)

4. NS-011 Compound Helmet (Recruit Rewards froze up then shutdown when I was trying to recruit the last 3 people I needed for this. I'm hoping they either restart the RR or give us another way to get those items and decals)
  2. TheMish

Thanks for using stolen Terran technology. Unless you're loyal to the Republic. The TR will take comfort in knowing that Terran tech is superior.
    • Up x 1
  3. RemingtonV

NS isnt part of the TR. NS sells to everyone.
    • Up x 1
  4. LibertyRevolution

NS are actually the corporation funding the NC rebellion, more war means more weapon sales.
    Rule 34, War is good for business.

I have: NS-7 PDW, MKV, NS-30 Vandal, NS-11A, NS-11C, NS-15M, NS-357 Underboss, NS Patriot Flare Gun, Decimator, Annihilator.

I need to pick up that crossbow eventually...
    • Up x 2
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

NS-7B PDW, NS-11A, NS Baron G5B... all of them are insanely great weapons that not only look cool, sound awesome, feel satisfying to use and handle superbly in combat, but also get the job done pretty well and dont lack in efficiency at all! i think NS weapons are a solid choice especially for a Vanu like me who doesnt like fighting with purple frozen fish in his hands

that said, i love using both the NS7 and NS-11 with softpoint ammo and sound suppressor, plus extended magazine for NS7. the Baron's only attachment is extended magazine for me. i use the Baron and NS-11A with iron sights only, very satisfying to use these guns in a "pure" form (without scope). also black variants/camo for all of them, of course:cool:
  6. Pouk3D

NS hurts this game.
    • Up x 2
  7. TheShrapnelKing

NS weapons AND vehicles shouldn't exist, it shoudl be rid from the game.
    • Up x 3
  8. TheMish

In the lore it says the factions had to steal weapons from the TR.

Put 2 and 2 together.

The NS weapons are conventional guns, the same kind the TR use, they have pretty similar mechanics.

It's obvious the NS weaponry are the stolen weapons and vehicles the NC and VS needed to break away while they built their own.
  9. RemingtonV

Oh I like that explanation, also explains why NS weaponry uses TR scopes. But on the flip side, the weapons have more balanced stats instead of more TR specific stats. Example: the pistols handle more like NC weapons, slow firing, small magazine, but hit hard.
  10. TheMish

The pistols seem to be the only thing that doesn't really follow TR traits. Everything else does. That's why I've come to the conclusion that the NS equipment is Terran since they have pretty moderate Terran stats.
  11. Oddhermit

I wish NS had better weapon selection, currently I just use the commissioner 'cause of how bad VS's pistols are. The automatics are kind of meh and hit like wet noodles. NS-7 PDW is alright as it does fill a certain niche I guess.

If there were 167 damage / 600 Rof NS weapons I'd be all over those though. NC gets VS/TR style mid-long range guns from NS, maybe VS and TR should get the NC's style of mid-long range from NS too. :p
  12. RemingtonV

Though also the color schemes are different, as are the standard sights. I mean I get the feeling that while the NS is part of the TR (possibly one of the few companies that hasn't been nationalized yet) it is secretly selling under the table to the VS & NC. Whenever the NS makes a new weapon, they secretly sell the construction software (which I assumed is needed to construct new ones out of nanites) to the NC and VS. Also I just dont get a TR vibe from Nanite Ned, if anything he acts more like a stereotypical NC. The NS may have been a TR company that broke away with the NC. But taking the NC's belief in the free market up to 11, sees no fault in selling to everyone. They just took the plans for these TR weapons with them when they rebelled.
  13. Pingonaut

NS aren't stealing from the Terran Republic. They sell to them. Plus, the NS weaponry are far closer to NC weapons (or NC weapons are like NS) as far as aesthetics go. NS weapons use the same model as NC scopes do.
  14. RemingtonV

The NS-11A was actually the NC standard rifle in very early builds of the game. Also the NS weapons use NC close range sights (the 1x and 2x Reflex sights) but TR 3.4x and 4x scopes.
  15. P149U3

My Suggestion is to check your Messages on Twitch for the code. It gets mailed to your Twitch messages not instantly put on your character/account.
  16. P149U3

Here is my list of NS Weapons I own:

Platinum Weapons:
    NS-15M Platinum
    NS-44 Commissioner Platinum
    NS-11C Platinum
    NS-11A Platinum
    NS-357 Underboss Platinum
    NS Hunter QCX Platinum
    NS Zepher PX

Special Release Weapons
    NS Patriot Flare Gun
    NS Blackheart
    NS Deep Freeze

Knives:
    NS Autoblade

Helmets:
    NS-011 Compound Helmet
    NS Analyst Helmet

Infantry Weapons:
    NS-15M
    NS-44 Commissioner
    NS-11C
    NS-11A
    NS-7 PDW
    NS MKV Suppressed
    NS-357 Underboss
    NS-30 Vandal
    NS Baron G5

MAX Weapons:
    NS-10 Burster

Rocket Launchers:
    NS Decimator
    NS Annihilator
    NS AV Mana Turret

Will be getting the Heartstring when it comes out this next valentines day, so far I'm happy with my collection.
    I really only like to collect Platinum NS weapons hence why I have them all
  17. Andy04

All ns weapons should be banned kicked from the game and everything factions specific. Each faction should have their own traits weapons and vehicles..... Poor and lazy game design to have factions having the same stuff....period.
  18. ColonelChingles

I would assume though with a name like "Nanite Systems", NS was created after landing on Auraxis and after the pre-VS scientists created nanites. Some people think nanites were invented and others think that they were discovered (Subterranean Nanite Analysis). Either way though it probably happened at least some time after everyone landed on Auraxis, and quite possibly after the NC had already run off to be mole people.

I think there's much more evidence that NS are supplying the TR along with everyone else instead of the other way around. For example, new NS vehicles like the Harasser and Valkyrie didn't exist prior to the start of the conflict, but later found their way into the armories of all three factions (including the TR). NS also supplies secondary weapons to even faction-specific vehicles, with the NS Halberd being preferred even over the TR's own Vulcan. :p

Plus did you ever wonder why the hardware for infantry and vehicle spawns was all suspiciously the same... as if it was just created by one central supplier? I mean vehicle terminals simply change their software (barely really as the UI remains the same regardless of faction) and they're instantly usable by any faction. And of course the vehicles are spawned using nanites... and I wonder who might both have expertise in nanite technology as well as an interest in "helping" all three factions... ;)

The conclusion would be that NS not only has designed important parts of the TR armory, but also has access to all TR schematics as well as the only manufacturing capability on the planet. If NS so wanted, they could simply disable vehicle and infantry terminals, as well as spawntubes for the faction that really ticked them off, and that faction would lose the war in minutes. Your "nanites" in your pocket would be useless without NS's manufacturing systems.

That, and the TR totally stole MAXes from the NC. Give those back or start paying a 100 nanite royalty to the NC each time you pull them, you thieves! :D
  19. LibertyRevolution

I think everyone should start with NS weapons, and have to cert into faction weapons..
    • Up x 1
  20. DrPapaPenguin

Ehm, Rule 34 only deals with pr0nz on the internets, it says nothing about the war.
    • Up x 4