No medics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Sep 7, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

There are thousands of threads like "Medicz don hil me, wat an idots!!!", "Medic didn rev me, ban dis nab!!!"
    You guys cant read properly - theres no such thing as "medic". Theres "Combat Medic". It isnt made only for revivng and healing. It has the best weapon class in game- assault rifles. Combat medic has access to self-heal, which can also work like weaker HA shield. When medic doesnt revive you it means he preffers fighting.
    If you see engineer in tank you dont expect him to throw you ammo box. Why do you expect fighting Combact Medic to heal you?
    • Up x 4
  2. Zotamedu

Because it kind of makes you a bit of a dick.
    • Up x 7
  3. DJPenguin

More of a reason to give assault rifles to a second class so people aren't sitting around waiting for a revive that will never come.
    • Up x 7
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

with assault rifles accessible to another class, people will play the medic class even less, thus less healing and reviving. it's a vicious circle and thus not a good solution
    • Up x 2
  5. Einharjar

This is a good point.
    At the least, the self heal also heals an AoE around you however and that's a hint as to what can make the above suggestion worth while.
    If medics are meant to be played less and only by a few people? Make their healing more AoE or more powerful and give them buffing abilities. Something.

Medics right now are boring to play, and that's why so many of them are just for the Combat. The AoE heal and tossing a rez nade here and their is easy XP on the way to mopping the opponents that just downed your friends.

I'm not a pure Combat only type medic but I do use the Combat styled load out and that's because there are too many times where simply dropping all of my priorities and healing/rezzing allies is simply the worst idea. There are so many times where I take advantage of the guy that gunned an ally down and kill him first because they've likely already got him wounded and my AR will make short work of'm.
    Once dead?
    Allies get the rezz and I save their oh so precious KDR.

So long as people keep running forward blinding shooting like everything is a f__kin' race I'll be standing behind you to let you soak the bullets, maybe get a kill or two when you drop and still get a rezz out've it too. I'll try my best to heal but healing only works well when you guys are not having a cocaine high and constantly running. Without stop. Ignoring Cover. Never checking that next entrance before you barged in.

Yeah.

I hate healing stupid people. Sadly, they are greatest source of certs however.
    • Up x 1
  6. PraetorGavorn

I have recently maxed out my Medic Tool and I've noticed that in the fights where there's a lot of players and few to no medics around I tend to end up with my own personal cert farm.

There are no medics around reviving?

GREAT! This means you can spawn as a Medic yourself and take all the certs that are literally just lying around.

I made 78 certs in a half hour of fighting during the double xp weekend while reviving at a Tech Plant grind. Seriously.
  7. nubery

The design flaw here is that only medics have assault rifles. SOE, how about it? Engies would like them!
    • Up x 1
  8. DrPapaPenguin

[IMG]

This is the medic that taught me everything there is about playing a medic:

Step 1: Dakka everything in the viscinity.
    Step 2: turn the still squirmin corpses into 1-use spawn points.
    Step 3: Pump yourself of tasty nutrient cells to restore health. Still at full health? Thats ok, they also restore ammo.
    Step 4: Stoop down to revive ye mere mortals.

But since PS2 has no Step 2, my inferior algorythms keep resetting to default. And old habits die slow :p
    • Up x 1
  9. TheShrapnelKing

The phrase "combat medic" simply refers to a medic that does his work on the frontline rather than in a field hospital, it has nothing to do with being a primarily combat role.
    • Up x 1
  10. Makora

There is no design flaw. The only flaw is the expectation that simply because there's "medic" in the name you have to dedicate yourself to healing.

Bullcrap. Shoot first, revive later.

Simple mater of the fact is that when the chips are down, the only thing that counts is how many guns are firing. Naturally most assume that means you need to revive all day erry day. But those people are mistaken.
    When you die next to a medic and enemies are attacking. Your team is one gun down. In a larger unit, not that big of an issue to be honest unless you're some super-duper MLG pro, and lets be honest, very few here are (I'm not). When that medic starts to heal you, in that moment, no mater how short or long: your team is TWO guns down.

Now you are risking the loss of not one, but TWO guns on the chance that you don't lose any. At this point the guy who's dead is useless deadweight with the potential to be useful. The medic, when not healing, is shooting (if not then there is no excuse) and thus is being a whole lot more useful and important then your incapacitated, bleeding ****.

The fact of the mater is that every situation is fluid. Regardless of what class you choose (MAX is a class) your importance will rarely if every trump personal survival. And that should be the norm. IF the medic deems the situation too dangerous to risk his/her neck to revive you, then that should be his/her right to choose to ignore you.
    Why it should be the norm is easy to understand: if the medic thinks he/she will get killed when trying to revive you, you will most likely not survive even if the medic succeeds. And no mater how much you call out "Revive me medic! I'm a MAX!" it will not cause the medic to go "derp" and run into a hail or bullets to desperately try and revive you. There is a priority list for the medic and the medic itself should always be on the top. Same for everyone. Personal survival is paramount to anything else UNLESS there is a specific task that can most effectively be achieved by a suicide rush.

As I said, a fluid situation. I primarily play a medic and I try my best to stay on top of my unit's health. Revive as much as I can, heal whoever's smart enough to get into cover. But when faced with the option to revive someone or shoot at an enemy I make a judgement call depending on the situation. If the enemy has not noticed me or there is time to revive and switch back to my primary, I will revive. If there is not then I will take my chances alone.

As for the weaponry option I find it a necessity the medic to the be properly armed. First of all, it is an incentive to play this class. The respawn timers are short enough and the distances close enough for people to get back into the fight without losing much time. Secondly, it makes sense however you look at it as if you want the medic to be a more support class, it needs longer ranged weaponry as he/she will most likely be at the rear of your unit to keep them safe and thus they need more range then the front row people. And if they are considered more offensive. The middle-of the way "Assault" class (we got heavy, we got light. There needs to be the standard) they need weaponry that are varied and useful in multiple situations.
    Furthermore, we should not mix and match class weaponry any more then we already have. The roles and capabilities of classes are muddled enough as is.
    • Up x 1
  11. TheKhopesh

AR's were intentionally made more powerful than the "standard" weapon class (Carbines), because while LA's can fly away, and engies can hide behind a living bipedal tank doing the shooting for them, the medic has to be concerned about the lives of himself and the guy that is down and cannot even see, much less help pick up some of the slack while the medic stands there entirely defenseless while his medic tool re-assembles some puddle of fleshy paste that was once a fully functioning, highly complex human neurological computer without any corruption in it's data as well as it's organic platform.

Anyway, point is that every time you pick someone up you have to clear the area well enough that you'll be safe while you're defenseless.
    So you cannot have a lacking weapon when you need to advance and clear the area before you can pick up your downed friendlies.
  12. SinerAthin

It's mainly a L2P issue.

I have lost the count of all the engagements I've won because I've revived my fallen allies. People make good on those second(or third) chances.

Safety in numbers ;)

RISE MY MINIONS, AND FIGHT ONCE MORE!!
  13. Neo3602

I really don't see why people get so mad when they don't get revived, if there is a medic around and they don't revive you so what? There is nothing that says they have to revive you, if they do have fun getting back in to the fight, if they don't respawn and try again.
    If you are mad that people don't revive you try not to die in open areas and chill out a bit its just 1 death because giving combat medics carbines instead of and AR isn't going to really change anything.
  14. DJPenguin

i think you quoted the wrong person. what you say is completely irrelevant.
  15. SeanFree

Assault Rifles for LA Campaign 2014!
  16. DJPenguin

That would make the class good. Never gonna happen.
    • Up x 1
  17. Tyrant103

The term "combat medic" makes me laugh. You might as well be a light assault with assault rifles and no jump jets.
  18. Zeppelin123

A good Medic knows when to fight, when to rez and when to go into full healbot mode. It is all situational.
  19. Rift23

Everybody has Regen and time between deaths is so short that unless you're hoping to get a negative point taken off your KDR it's usually less downtime just to respawn (and then get a few kills to even the KDR out anyway).
  20. SeanFree

Kinda like how grenades turn off your jumpjets, how they nerfed shooting in the air, how they (cont.)

lol