[Suggestion] SOE, can you PLEASE start using your OWN forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronin Oni

Yes please.
  2. Ronin Oni

[IMG]
  3. warmachine1

Just look how crowded this new super section is! I'm on 3rd page & still see "today" next to last message. This is unmoderable & totaly useless for any kind of feedback to devs.
    MORE SECTIONS = BETTER !
  4. Einharjar

I already gave my two cents in another very similar blow up of a thread. As one who has project managed and has launched products of various types over the years, I would never ever have any hard information that would be meant as a PSA or a presentation of data posted on a unofficial, unprofessionally related site. Why? It's well... unprofessional. As one who also took game design seriously in the past as well, I still wouldn't find it acceptable and i still don't. How do you expect new players to approve of this? Most of the people I've tried to get into PS2 either just started pc gaming or are ex console gamers tired of the CoD generation. It's confusing to them. Grant it, despite my anger towards this practice I know why its done. New players from my angle don't see it but new players browsing reddit might... Hell of a place to market but th exactly what it is. It's a marketing tool thats used to feign "transparent advertising". What ever. Perhaps I'm too old fashioned or care too much.

Despite this however, the dev team has made it very clear that they are not mature enough to handle the bashing they get. So to vent, they made this wonderful little video re-reading hateful Twitter comments (******* ironic) and lashed out in return. Since they are clearly bothered enough about our attitudes to not only point fingers blatantly but also vent right back, its no wonder they won't post here. As the argument on this thread alone demonstrated, people are very thick headed and will derial a thread just because they cannot admit that each other has a valid point. And this isn't unique to PS2 folks, its everyday, everyone and everywhere. All it shows is that the devs cannot handle your ********, much less diffuse it.
    • Up x 3
  5. Utrooperx

You know, I personally don't care if the devs post information on a banner and tow it behind a plane at 500 feet in the middle of the night...IF THE GAME WORKS WHEN I LOG IN.

When the game doesn't work...because of a horrendous update pushed out on a FRIDAY...before a long three-day weekend...when they KNEW it was horribly messed up...but inflicted it upon the players anyway...

See: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2f2kay/issues_after_the_august_update/

Quote:

So apart from the Valk and the bug fixes, the August update was a big one for us because it had the PS4 integrate. That means lots of new issues related to input, unique client crashes, 32 bit client issues, and visibility problems went into the game. I wanted to call out that we knew this update would be a bit rough once it went out and why we did it.

-dcarey

Unquote.

When something like this happens...I, as a PAYING CUSTOMER, expect EVERY and ANY means (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and the official forums) to be utilized to communicate to me...the PAYING CUSTOMER...what steps are being taken to FIX THE GAME that I am PAYING FOR, as well as some type of apology for doing this.

To date, I see no apology on ANY source that I can access, nor have I received ANY responses to simple, polite inquiries on the other social networking websites that the devs seem to prefer...

See: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2fbept/pts_unofficial_patch_notes_2014082520140902/ and https://twitter.com/upaladin/status/507196199771058178

The "closest" to any form of a apology/promise things will get fixed was after I personally campaigned to contact John Smedley, the President of SoE...

Quote:

Smedley, John
    11:42 PM (12 hours ago)

to me

Totally untrue. The ps4 part. Not the buggy release part. I have a meeting tmw morning to discuss exactly that with the team. It will get sorted.

On Sep 2, 2014, at 11:34 PM, " wrote:

Hello,
    I play planetside 2 for pc and last weeks patches have rendered my joystick useless. The same goes for many other joystick/gamepad users in my outfit as well as many others claiming so on the official forums. I have come to find the the devs use reddit or some other website over the official forums to communicate to the playerbase. If you're not going to address the issues where you created the forum space to do so, then delete them. Anyways, other than the lack of communication, it has been rumored that SOE knowingly pushed out this patch with bugs in it to meet the PS4 deadline. That is totally unacceptable. I have been spending hundreds of dollars over the past few years on this game. This is no way to treat a loyal customer. Doing this before a 3 day weekend is also really bad timing on top of the controversial release of the patch.

Thanks for listening. Hope the fixes roll out soon.

--Daniel

(This thread has some more upset customers waiting for a response) :
    -----and your email address listed
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...esponses-from-soe-here-they-are.199826/page-2

Unquote.

(Thank you Ninzor for posting this!)

In any type of business environment, this total lack of communication with paying customers goes on to support another of my posts...

[IMG]

Any company that tries to sell a product needs to take care of it's customers...or it won't have any.

I have not been able to play this game since Friday's disaster...today I just paid my monthly All Access subscription.

Why did I pay? Because I love this game! I pay to support it and provide a portion of SoE's income...which indirectly pays a portion of the dev's salaries.

I find that ignoring my polite requests, be they via Facebook, Twitter, Reddit...or even here, on the "official" Planetside 2 forums...for information on when I can once again play a game I highly enjoy totally unacceptable and frankly, quite rude.

I once again call upon SoE to publically apologize for last Friday, to publically promise to never again push a patch so horribly broken to Live, and to provide full transparency...on any and all available means of communication with their customers (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and the official forums)...on what steps are being taken to correct the over 100 reported and tracked bugs found at http://ps2issuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa (that site is really nice guys...kudos to Wobberjockey and friends!) and provide daily updates on every and any form of communication (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and the official forums) until this train wreck is behind us.

As a over 8 year customer of SoE's products, I feel these requests are totally within reason and call upon John Smedley, President of SoE, to order they immediately be placed in effect.

If you agree with me, please feel free to echo my request to John Smedley, President of SoE. Here's his e-mail address---> jsmedley@soe.sony.com

Do it politely...and do it because you love this game.
    • Up x 5
  6. Ronin Oni

wrong thread?

Maybe you couldn't find the thread you were looking for though [IMG]
  7. Ronin Oni

YEAH!

I want a facebook poke, an email, a message on Linked in, a Google+ message, MySpace update, imgur link, instagram post, IRC room notification, ICQ message, AIM message, AOL message, Steam IM, Origin PM, GFWL PM... oh wait, GFWL is down....

ALL THE REST THOUGH..> EVERY MEANS POSSIBLE!@!!!one1eleven
  8. Cest7

I really don't like how the Devs post everything on twitter.

IMO its unprofessional and hurts the industry, the majority of your customer base reads the forums... not twatter.
    • Up x 6
  9. Shanther

But posting anywhere but the offical forums isn't acceptable.
    • Up x 1
  10. Rockit

Why isn't 4Chan getting any love?
  11. Ronin Oni

He used to be such a nice boy, but then he got into hacking and now he's defaced a beloved celeb.
  12. Ronin Oni

I think that's actually factually incorrect.

If anything, these forums are the smallest community of PS2 players.
    • Up x 2
  13. MasterCheef

I think this is the key point missed by all the fanatics that post on the official forums.

i was a reddit basher too, but i soon realized that many of the games i follow prefer reddit over their own official forums. Now i get a feed from ALL of the games i follow without having to go to each individual site. I still prefer to go to official site when i want to have a discussion though.

In this sense, i can see why the devs prefer reddit. I stopped following Warframe closely, but i was alerted to major changes because it was on my Reddit feed. For other players who dont follow PS2 as closely as the forumsiders, reddit keeps the game visible.
  14. Jawarisin

about time someone said it
  15. BiggggBRIM

Congrats on finding half of the words! Unfortunately, this is real life and I'm not going to give you a trophy for a job half done. If you had done the entire assignment you'd see the words in question are "entitlement issue". Try looking that up and tell me what you see.
    • Up x 1
  16. AdmiralArcher

i use reddit

i post on reddit

i make threads on reddit

i have no problem at all with the devs using reddit

i do have a problem with the devs neglecting to update the official forums with the same amount of information

im sure you could get someone to make a macro that copies a thread form reddit and posts it to PS2 when the devs make a post, im positive that better Post tracker integration could be made.

i dislike it when i have to go and be suprised when i find out about news that was announed on reddit only

wont keep me from playing and making kewl stuff tho :)
    • Up x 3
  17. Einharjar

Very good points in terms which methods. Reddit and Twitter feeds likely have more followers but you can't discount that the forums are in fact, very active. These forums are nothing like say, Starcraft 2s lore and story boards that are utterly dead and dying. It was generally the same five people on those boards, myself included and was akin to a private chat room. People left in exodus when compliants about the storyline and lore issues were tossed aside by Blizzard. These forums are more like Blizzards Diablo 3 boards. A swell place where smotheringof cchocolate hatred coat and hide the sweet strawberries of ideas underneath. And wouldn't you know... Blizzard does the same thing. They use reddit and Twitter instead and that exacerbated the issues on the forums even further.

The issue arises when you involve newer players who are learning from very old forumsiders from long ago. Just like in D3s forum implosion you have here veterans from the previous title whom haave dumped every ounce of hope here in the form of good ideas or "just wait for the next item on the roadmap! Hopefully it comes soon!".
    It doesn't or when it does it tends to fail. So when the vets or long time subscriber members get pissed at a game breaking patch, they head to the forums, the place they've invested a lot of time in since the beginning, posting improvement suggestions and new ideas. This is also because the forums are seemingly more public. Maybe this is because of what the word "forum" derives, I dont know. What I do know, is that the new comers catch on, chime in and eventually rally. The whole place as a whole sours because the ones who were first finally got fed up with it and spewed discontent everywhere. Since the party involved did not move to address the issues first brought up long ago, the 68% of that "customers feel you don't care" starts to happen. Old guys leave, usually with sad stories or flame outs that we all take for granted. We say that reddit and twitter feeds work well but if they were working the way they should, then the new players left in the wake might not be so ill towards SOE. Instead, all most see is people who've been here awhile, saying they've had these issues for seemingly forever, SOE doesn't publicly respond and they **** ball from there. Then they realize that they too see the same thing. It continues to **** ball. And just like in Diablo 3, I've had people not yet playing PS2 see the forums and say "i think I will wait". .. . So even before they spend a dime people will have no trust if they do not see management involved in acts of transparency on their own forums. It's only natural. Why do you think most people don't bother sending letters to their senators? "they won't even read it." Different situation I know but the same principal applies. "you could post on Obama's twitter!" That will work right away (rolls eyes)

These forums are where new people taking the place of the old's ones go. It would behoove SOE to do what they said they would do in late June and "do their job". And I mean that with respect,
    But still. Come on Carey, you said so yourself. Read the producers letter from July 25, 2014. Can't paste the link while on my phone.
    While he still invites everyone to follow the 3rd party site feeds, he admits the forums are rather abused and neglected. He also promises change.

So even though we are self entitled, ignorant of social media, disheartened veterens or you know... Actual paying customers? SOE has already admitted to the neglection of the forums and taken ownership of their choices. The argument today is almost moot when even the producer agrees.... The forums are not being used by his own staff as they should. Customers on the forums have reason to be upset
  18. XRIST0

Who cares , atleast they fix their game .
  19. Ronin Oni

That could refer to the legal BS you were talking about...

OR it could mean you have an issue with entitlement... and entitlement issue.

See how engrish works?
  20. Shanther

Funny thing is the legal phrase he is talking about is actually "rights issue."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.