Preview of new red dot sights.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bankrotas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Bankrotas

So, Bishop posted here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2feccx/new_red_dot_sights/

preview of new sight shader in effect.
    To skip to pictures: http://imgur.com/a/u4CPo

Earliest time of implementation, if nothing breaks would be end of the month.

This thread is not made to complain about devs not posting it, nor it's creator any longer supports that point of view (he understands though), so I don't want to see any complaints about how devs don't post here. Go ***** somewhere else.

Thread rules:
    1. Do not complain, that devs don't use Forums.
    2. Report people breaking rule 1.
    • Up x 4
  2. Dudeman325420

I like how you can actually see the aim point for the 3.4x, but the outer ring on the 1x is WAY too bright.
    • Up x 2
  3. Tommyp2006

While I like the dots a lot more, the bloom on those reflex sights is ridiculous.
  4. Iridar51

Thanks for the effort, but without a video there's not much point.
    Edit: NVM, this told me everything I wanted to hear:
    That's why I play without it. Makes stuff impossible to see at night.
  5. CNR4806

Let me guess: The "reflex" sights are still a piece of glass with a red dot painted on it instead of a reflex sight.

An actual reflex sight:
    [IMG]
  6. Pingonaut

Actually you cannot see the red dot until you're zoomed in, so no.
    • Up x 1
  7. Allin

New sights are great, thanx for posting this!

But...

So now people are going to tell other people what to post or not? Very tolerant of you, very mature.
    1. You are not making forum rules - you are not a developer or moderator.
    2. Person saying in that thread that devs should be posting things like that is not breaking forum ToS.

So what exactly you will report me for? Not complying to your will? I had a laugh, thank You.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheAnnoyingGunner

The last one looks like it is a VS sight. Hell, it is like looking in a flashlight, totally useless at night, devs what are you thinking...
  9. Zotamedu

Looks good. I like the fact that the red dot is slightly smaller. But the brightness and bloom on the red ring is kind of worrying. I wonder how it will look on my screen later with my graphics settings. The time scale sounds very good as well. Really looking forward to this change.
  10. Zotamedu

A lot of people are very very tired of the endless discussion about the devs not using their official forums. They have explained the reasons behind that many many times. Too often, half the discussion ends up being about that instead of the real topic and that is highly tiresome and really rather pointless.
  11. Ownasaurusrex

What this fellow said.
  12. kadney

1. The outline of the RDS is way too bright and the dot is too dark.

Regarding wether it's a "real" RDS or not, there are a few .gif's floating around the forum that showed them in action on their test environment. Sadly I can't find it anymore.

But yeah, it's nice to see they are working on it. I hope they will get rid of the thick bezels (or w/e you call them) of the TR sight aswell. That's the reason why I love the VS one so much, there isn't so much stuff blocking your sight.