[Suggestion] Squad leader cert: drawing on the map

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKSpark, Sep 3, 2014.

1. PKSpark

2. PKSpark

To limit the ability to clean players, this cert should also require an investment:
    A cost starting at 200 in certs or 150 in sc,
    toggling drawing mode would last for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Quintly

This would devolve into drawing p e n i s e s all over the map within the first 10 minutes going live, I guarantee it.
    • Up x 8
  4. PKSpark

Yes that's why it will cost something, dota2 use this feature and it's abused because it's available
    to every players by default. On another hand, this makes the moderation task easier;
    no need to read chat walltextes for abusive players. Watch their pics and ban them!
  5. FieldMarshall

Randomguy has invited you to join their squad.
    *Accepts squad invite*
    *Squad waypoint updated*
    "Ok, lets me just click M and check wherPEINIS LARGE PEINIS IN MULTIPLE COLOURS OVER THE ENTIRE MAP AND STICKMEN IN THE CORNER WITH GUNS!"
    *You have left the squad*
    • Up x 2
  6. PKSpark

I think most of the players susceptibles to pull this are already banned since long for offensive text or harassement,
    for the rest, it wouldn't be worth playing with the banhammer, given the investment of time and sc bought weapons+ membership.
  7. Gabriell

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  8. Lamat

If only for squad leaders and only viewable by members of that squad/platoon and can be enabled or disabled by platoon leader.
    • Up x 3
  9. PKSpark

Exactly and it will cost in certs or sc, available to everyone by default (no investment) would lead to the mess formerly described
  10. Maelthra

That's exactly what happened in PS1.
  11. MorganM

You make this sound like it's a bad thing...
  12. zukhov

So drawing on the map would not only be useful for squad leaders. It would also alert players to the quality of the squad leader, if all you see on the map are pricks then chances are the squad leader is one as well.

It's self censorship for idiots.
    • Up x 2
  13. AdmiralArcher

just make it a heat map as well so you can toggle it and i think you have yourself a deal
  14. Ronin Oni

^Obviously

If some child somehow got the reigns of a squad or platoon and started acting like a... well, child... then the nitwit will quickly see his squad or platoon vanish before his eyes, and then have noone to look at his "art"

It's pretty easy to get away from this. It's not like any random can join a squad and start drawing over everyone's map.

Don't let random idiot pubs run a squad! That simple.
  15. DrPapaPenguin

And two buttocks as every Vanu defensive line.
  16. KaletheQuick

You are like a dev now, right?
  17. Metalsheep

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  18. HAXTIME

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. FateJH

Just more recovery of PlanetSide Classic functionality.
    [IMG]