[Suggestion] SOE, can you PLEASE start using your OWN forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightningPro

Why this splitting? Thats wasting of time to write in 4 or 5 Channels.
    One Forum for everything with soon informations and discussions with SOE thats what many wish. Not a hidden group on Reddit and splitted/late information for the Rest.
    • Up x 1
  2. Crator

IMO, all official info should be posted on these forums. Official info being things that are related to updates which should include known issues. This info is usually included in the update notes. In fact the Update Notes for 8/29 includes known issue about the input device issues due to PS4 integration. However, the update notes make no mention at all about the 32bit client issues...
    • Up x 1
  3. KoS-1

Well, I've said this once and I'll say it again. The entire staff needs to be fired and replaced with competent people.

Management needs to be fired as well for allowing this to continue on. Smedly should be the first to go since it's his ship and he seems to fail to see the damage caused by his underlings.

Pis-poor managed product and company.
    • Up x 1
  4. Takara

Back in beta...people asked this all the time. Why do they put out new info on Redit before the official beta forums? We never did get a response. Literally people in beta would get less information then the public...it was always quite confusing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shanther

This thread is a riot. It is full of people with entitlement issues. The devs are going to post where ever they like, if you don't like it...too bad.
    • Up x 2
  6. Allin

Your post is full of nonsense and fanboyism. There are people here paying real money, that they earned themselves, people that played the game since the first closed alpha tests - and all they ask is being treated seriosuly and not forced to pump social media platforms of other companies, that they don't want not should they use as a OFFICAL message board. If devs would choose IRC or some linux BBS that you don't want to use, would you be equally understanding?

If that's to hard for you to understand you are either a minor or blind beyond belief, and you should not play Vanu. You fit TR mentality more. I find it difficul to to grasp, how a person being with the game from the start as I am may have so ridiculously narrow minded view on that case.

What entitlement? To expect devs being present and active on the main forums of their own product? Yes, that's so unheard of! Blasphemy!
    • Up x 4
  7. DrBash00

I would also love to have the Informations clustered on the main page....
  8. Dr.Destro229

I am fine with them posting on other sites and I pay for all access.
    • Up x 1
  9. Shanther

That is called entitelement issues. The devs are allowed to post where ever they want. If you don't care to use the platoom they use most that is entirely your own issue. They are not required to post on these forums as you so believe.
    • Up x 2
  10. PKfire

Quoted for truths.
    • Up x 1
  11. Takara

Not making your customers search for information on the stuff they pay for isn't entitlement.

Entitlement means people who haven't earned or worked for something asking for more then they have earned.

I don't mind that the info is other places....but one would think they would tell the people who actually use their OFFICIAL forums would be up to date on what Dev's plans are...and they are not. Which is one of the reasons why SoE has a habit of alienating it's player base.
    • Up x 1
  12. Allin

I think you have problems understanding what entitlement issues are, and that having an oppinion is not the same as demanding something. I say, in my understanding, what they do is not logical. I'm not demanding them to stop, I would be pleased if they would be present on the forums as much as other media.

How's that entitlement issue? Are you sure you are not using a phrase that you don't understand?

That's the problem with some Vanu lately, they are in the faction becasue family member is in it, not based on intellect. Or maybe we just made some bad calls when adjusting respawn tubes. Note to self: need to inform Enlightened Research Collegium about possible tubes calibration misalignment. That may be the issue.
    • Up x 2
  13. Shanther

Demanding they post on these instead of Reddit because you don't want to use Reddit for whatever reason is stupid. That is an issue on your end that you are demanding SOE cater to. It is an entitlement issue because of people bringing up the fact they are paying customers. They think they are entitled to posts here instead of somewhere else because of that fact. Once again, SOE is allowed to post where ever they like. It just so happens they choose a place that is vastly less toxic which I don't blame them for. Hell if they wanted to they could completely ignore everyone.
    • Up x 1
  14. Shanther

Since you couldn't have read the post I was typing I will respond to this one with a different point.

You think you are entitled to interaction here because it is the offical forum. That simply isn't true. You are not entitled to any interaction. Any you are given, no matter the platform is a courtesy.
  15. Allin

Yes, expecting product developer to respond on the product forum is totally illogical. Yes, you have a point, they can just be silent - but I think we are not debating what other stupid things they might do, like turn all camo purple or make people shoot dildos. They can, but, please, this is not a logical argument.

Could you please understand nobody demands them to abandon reddit and twitter? We would just liked if they would take part in the forum comunity of their own product. Even EA does that, so, come on, you can't get lower than that.
    • Up x 2
  16. Shanther

Please quote correctly so I don't have keep refreshing this page to see responses.

They do post on this forum. Heck what do you consider this thread;
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...thread-qol-changes.199964/page-2#post-2906034

When it comes to posts like "Issue Tracker" that are made after big patches, using Reddit is 100% a better location because of how the Reddit system works with upvotes and downvotes. The same logic applies to various simple questions. As for people using the Dev posts about the /r/Planetside style change for some sort of point, it was actually sarcasm and done as a joke. They were poking fun at what people do to them when something is changed.

There is no reason for devs to make a post every time they respond to something on reddit. Furthermore there is very little info that can't be found here (offical forums). When it comes to PTS patch notes for example since it was brought up, those aren't done by SOE, they are done by a community member.
  17. Jeslis

Alex Hoffman
    Associate Programmer
    If you can try on a separate computer, that might work. But the reason I suggest opening a support ticket is because they might be able to tell...
    Posted on Official Forums in In game station cash store broken. 8 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    From my understanding (and preface this with I am NOT a developer) your character gets in a bad state after a zone crashes. We are tackling both ends of this by preventing world crashes to begin with but also keeping characters from getting in this state.
    Posted on reddit in [Rant] Indar just crashed on Emerald and everyone I know who was on just lost all their directive points from every single category. Nice going SOE. 8 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    Unfortunately tracking these is still a work in progress. We know it's frustrating and we've reproduced the issue. We'll talk more about what's going to happen once we've 100% killed this bug.
    Posted on reddit in [Rant] Indar just crashed on Emerald and everyone I know who was on just lost all their directive points from every single category. Nice going SOE. 9 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    I talked with the team yesterday and we absolutely agreed not to do anything until we are 100% certain the issue is resolved.
    Posted on reddit in Give everyone a free Directive level or two. 9 hours ago Link

Matt Higby
    Creative Director
    Closest thing we have to a product for whales is the Gold variant weapons - they're functionally identical to the standard ones, though. This video is decrying the games in which they wouldn't be functionally identical.
    Posted on reddit in Extra Credits: "Free to Play Is Currently Broken" 9 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    I think this is a life lesson.
    The new colors are still growing on me personally. At minimum I really appreciate someone was passionate enough to make changes they felt were better for everyone.
    Posted on reddit in The new CSS is crap, it needs an upgrade! 10 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    My understanding yesterday was we identified what was happening and could reproduce it. It's one of the top bugs we have being worked one.
    Posted on reddit in Give everyone a free Directive level or two. 10 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    It's done because it would be effectively like me going into your backyard with your permission and picking apples, then selling them.
    The other reason which folks may not consider is there is an extremely high potential for fraud. An account investigation costs us resources to do and is better spent on other things.
    Posted on reddit in This.... is the bannable? 10 hours ago Link

Tony "RadarX" Jones
    Community Relations
    We understand folks are frustrated with this and we are looking at options. This particular option isn't one of the feasible ones, but we are discussing what we can do for folks who have been impacted.
    Once we have 100% mashed this bug into oblivion, we'll make an announcement.
    Posted on reddit in Give everyone a free Directive level or two. 12 hours ago Link

David Carey
    Producer
    Higby and I are reading through these now. We'll have a working list to share with you guys tomorrow, once we weigh cost and overall demand for each....
    Posted on Official Forums in Developer Thread: QoL Changes 1 day ago Link
  18. BiggggBRIM

• Up x 1
  19. Shanther

The ego is astounding. Yep you, and only you are the reason that thread was made. There is no other reason what so ever.
    • Up x 1
  20. UberBonisseur

RadarX is a community manager.

His job is to appease the crowd on forumside and pretend to care so it doesn't implode. He's like the only remaining SOE employee posting on these boards. The Reddit/Forumside post ratio has gone through the roof.

Anyone still pretending that this forum has any value whatsoever is deluded
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.