Developer Thread: QoL Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 2, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

its a small thing, but i think the graphics of weapon attachments (particularly the forward grips and the TR supressor) really needs to be improved, the position of the VS forward grip is silly looking and impractical, while the TR and NC forward grips are WAY to close to the magazine to be useful considering how big the magazines are
  2. AdmiralArcher

the BR 100 cap is to make something in the game feel final.....maybe they could increase it or something....they could even add a prestige system if they really wanted......makes all of your weapons do less damage, but you get something really cool once you get to BR 100 again (as well as weapons that are reverted back to normal damage profiles)
    • Up x 1
  3. STR1D3R109

Feature: Sandstorms etc.

Reason: For the short time I had this bug in the game, it was awesome no drop in FPS and made for some great cinematic kills.

Link:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature/bug: MCG ammo counter (And more for future guns)

Reason: It just looked awesome, you could play in cinematic view like a sort of hardcore mode, sad to see it vanished.

Link: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...to-the-mcg-before-finalization-please.182226/
    • Up x 1
  4. Rigsta

Feature: Magrider. Rotate-able first person and third person camera.

Reason: Severe, completely unnecessary disadvantage. Locked-forward camera makes the magrider frustrating to drive.
  5. sixoo

• Up x 1
  6. CHAKOTAY99

Feature: Dedicated role rewards.

Reason: As a mostly dedicated pilot I find that lock-ons steal my kills, and a skyguard can get the same amount of XP in a smaller amount of time. Unlike the pilot which has a 50% chance of winning the dogfight(I am just estimating). I feel that Tanks vs Tanks, Aircraft vs Aircraft should be more of an option instead of infantry play. Let there be some rewards for taking down a pilot in your aircraft, a better bonus. You can get a lot of certs as an

infantry player but the same cannot be said for pilots. (Tank drivers generally just farm a spawn room)

Link: N/A
  7. Nitrobudyn

Feature/Bug: When Your class ability (default 'f') is a deployable, or physics object You shouldn't be able to trigger it while holding down shoot or scope in key (default left or right mouse button).

Reason: People trying to shoot eachother with ammo packs.

Link: This was posted in suggestions forum, so no wonder it was ignored.
  8. Copasetic

Bug: C4 dropped on a moving vehicle won't anchor itself to the vehicle properly until it stops moving. The brick itself sticks to the vehicle but when detonating the explosion happens on the ground where the vehicle was when the brick landed on it, doing no damage to the vehicle.

Feature: I'd like some way to see how many deployables (mines, C4, spawn beacons, motion sensors, regen fields) I have deployed. Basically the little CE window from PS1.

Reason: Since I can only place x of each deployable at a time it'd be nice to know when the old ones have been destroyed so I can place fresh ones.
    • Up x 3
  9. Iridar51

Bug: people warping all around.
    Video: link.

Bug: corpses dragging.
    Sometimes, this corpse even come alive and shoot bug. This bug has been up for ages.
    Video: link.
    • Up x 2
  10. Aaren

Feature: Soft point, and high velocity munitions have greater effects and detriments.

Reason: As it stand's soft point's -5% reduction to velocity, makes it pretty much mandatory whenever available. It's drawback is just far too minimal in the majority of cases - for the slight damage buff.

HVA has the opposite problem - +10% recoil is a noticeable difference - but the +5% velocity has little to no effect when most weapons have 500-600ms velocities. The extended damage ranges are a nice bonus - but the difference in velocity is so token it should either be at least tripled or removed entirely.

Feature: Revamp of spotting system.

Reason: I have lost track of the amount of times I have my crosshair center mass of an enemy vehicle or soldier - press the spot key. And nothing what so ever happens. I am well aware there is a cool-down, as there should be. But half the time spotting itself doesn't seem to function. Not sure if this is related to serverside render distances and my targets not yet being able to see me - but it needs a second look.

Feature: Ability to check the ping and/or connection quality of others.

Reason: If whatever software or hardware issue that's causing my constant poor hit detection isn't going to be addressed. Can we please at least have a chat command - or some other means of checking our enemies connection quality. I would like to know if I just got outplayed by someone who lives in the same country as me - or roflstomped by some idiot connecting from the other side of the globe - or lagswitching their way to victory.

Bug: Illuminated reticles don't illuminate. See here. I am well aware that there is meant to be a major optics overhaul in the near future - but until then I would like to be able to use half of my optics.
    • Up x 2
  11. trued2

You should, if they haven't removed it, be able to press page down and click an x by their name, and it will drop only that person.
  12. Anti-Skub

Bug: Lock on missiles fire at right angles if shot at moving targets

Reason: For obvious reason. It looks goofy and it's extremely annoying to have your missile fly straight into the ground and kill you because you tried to shoot it at a diving aircraft.
    • Up x 3
  13. Wobulator

Feature: Vehicle health percentages- in addition the the green image, show vehicle health as a percentage

Reason: It's annoying to lose the needle on a mossie and think "Did I lose 10%? 15%?"
    • Up x 1
  14. Bard

15. BurntDevil

FEATURE: Faction specific body panels for NS vehicles. One comes stock with the vehicle and pay-for cosmetic additional later on.

REASON: Its often time consuming try to "q" on distant vehicle and waste time unable to tell if its friendly or not. Color alone does not help in rapid target acquisition.

EXAMPLE: Galaxy, every faction has one, but it would make sense that each faction would maintain them differently. The VS would likely stick their technogizmo carapaces all over it. The NC would likely have a hodgepodge of armor plate and support structure welded to it, not having the sheer resources to refurbish them. The TR would likely have more modern, smooth plating befitting of a professional military.

The general factional trait schemes would apply to the atv, lightening, harasser, sundy, lib, valk, and galaxy, giving each empire its own flair to the designs, while keeping the classic designs as the main focus. This is a much better option that making the colors increasingly flamboyant, as you constantly see backlash against the color changes.

BENEFITS: In addition to immersion and targeting ease, you also open up two development routes; additional "flavoring panel kits" for selling, and vehicle hacking identification tools. Because when vehicle hacking finally comes along, which it most likely well eventually, if a hacked vehicle became'd "VS Borgified or NC Scrapyarded", it would be far more cool and visibly appealing than INSERT OVERLY BRIGHT AND IMMERSION RUINING FLAMBOYANT BLUE PURPLE AND RED HERE.
  16. Kcalehc

Feature: Have the Deploy button static.

Reason: Really annoys me when it moves when I'm about to click... Want to change classes, oops, deploy moved up and now I'm deploying instead; want to deploy, nope, it moved down and now I switched to medic instead. Want to change loadouts on a class, oops the thing moved again, and I chose the wrong one before deploying. Make the darned thing stay put!

Feature: When I choose a spawn location then change classes and or loadouts; make it remember the spawn location I just chose.

Reason: Also annoys me when I chose a location then realize I need to switch my loadout, so I do, and come back and it changed my deployment spot. Now I'm 500m from my platoon and have to redeploy back to them.
    • Up x 1
  17. DJStacy

Feature : Outfit recruitment NOT working for ANY OUTFITS that were from Woodman that got merged into Miller.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ta-for-those-that-merged.199644/#post-2906146

Reason : Fairness in the ability to activate your outfit in the server listing, thus to allow an equal coverage of the outfits that new players can view and possibly join. At the current time no ex-Woodman outfits that now play as part of Miller can activate their outfits in the listings.

Being part of Miller TR has been a positive step for 2CA and we have been welcomed by the other TR outfits, would be nice to list our outfit so players that fight alongside us have a way to put in an application other than on our own Outfit website.
    • Up x 2
  18. Gheeta

Feature/Bug: Tune low graphics quality infiltrator cloak visibility to match the medium and high options

Reason: Infiltrators are completely impossible to spot when graphics quality is set to low which is not the case with medium and high graphics quality. This causes a situation where people are forced to play on medium or high even if they suffer a major frame rate drop.

Video(s):

• Up x 3
  19. Pelojian

I'm all for this if you can swap between shield configurations.

We should be able to customize frag/sticky grenades behavior. i.e explode on contact, bounce once/twice then explode, throwing power: low/medium/high, explode after X seconds.

Feature: Adjustable LA jetpack sound slider.

Reason: anyone should be able to increase the jetpack sound so it can be at a reasonable volume for the user to be able to hear even in loud battles.

Feature: more Lock-ons missile behavior fire modes.

Reason: lock on missiles are currently unreliable against pilots with their predictive tracking who aren't running flares (i.e missile fires and hits the ground because the target dived). missiles should be able to run different launch and tracking behavior.

e.g delayed tracking, missile fires in a straight line then tracks target after a set distance. (allows target leading to avoid collisions on firing)
  20. St0mpy

Feature. Is it too much to ask on death to see our skull icon flash and then be removed from our map when we are no longer revivable?

(as in the same way as a medic sees our skull icon?)
    • Up x 5