Remove 0.75x ADS from VS Heavies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SacredRay, Sep 2, 2014.

1. cruczi

Plz. Orion is free.
  2. pnkdth

No VS LMG with ALS has 0.75x movement modifier. From my point of view, the CARV S with a 0.75x movement modifier makes me drool.
  3. Dieter Perras

no...

I like fighting stuff other then shotguns
    • Up x 1
  4. iller

^ Then why are you always camping our gun range where the point is 10m from the spawn??
    No.... No one should be able to do this.
    Not N.C. medics either (which is my most played infantry unit) who get it on 2 of their A.R.s

...I forget which T.R. weapons get it, but I'm guessing for them it's just 2 Carbines for flavor.
    Either way, it just shouldn't exist. The only loadouts that should allow "dancing" like this should be for semi-automatics & pistols. It's just too overpowering on Fully Automatic weapons and it doesn't matter which faction you're talking about there.
    • Up x 1
  5. doombro

ALS doesn't particularly matter. TR is forced to use foregrips anyway.
  6. Paragon Exile

We should also give TR weapons 30-round magazines, and take away all the NC's 200 damage guns and replace them with more shotguns.

All of these are good ideas.

(lol not really)
  7. Demetrios

MSW-R is biased, ALS can work, it's just not worth it after the great hipfire nerf of 2013.
  8. cruczi

Jaguar (carbine) and TAR (assault rifle).
    • Up x 2
  9. Captain Kid

oh I'm tired of shotguns as well, believe me!

This actually got me thinking; What does the TR have which is annoying to fight against as infantry?
    When I played my VS char I enjoyed fighting the TR more then the NC.
  10. Mustarde

As a proud TR, I do not approve of this OP.

I would like to see a tiny bit of love given to the TMG-50, which is not particularly good at anything right now (imo)
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

TORQ, Cycler (regular and S), SABR-13, Lynx, MCG w/ BRRT, TRAP, Banshee, Lockdown HE prowlers.

And if you play on Emerald, that's because the TR on that server are really incompetent on average. I mean their largest outfit has an average KDR of 0.79 and makes up around 1/2 of the total TR population, plus there are no really "good" medium sized outfits on TR. VS and NC have zergfits sure, but they make up a much smaller % of that factions server population along with having at least 2-3 really good medium sized outfits that are able to punch well above their weight.
  12. IamnotAmazing

Considering the heavy's downside is supposed to be movement speed it's ridiculous to give them .75 weapons, for some reason they get out of their penalty while the other classes still suffer theirs.
    • Up x 1
  13. SacredRay

Its almost as if you're deliberately trying to sound like a ********. Maybe tell that to all the BR 50+ HA's who still use Orions + the few that have Betelguese's. Aside from the SV-88, what other VS LMG grants this movespeed modifier? None? So, why not go the path of least resistance and use the FREE one that grants you such a noticeable effect in combat?

Don't be a moron next time, k?

If the games clientside issues weren't so bad, I wouldn't even be complaining about this. My highest BR is VS afterall (although I rarely play it these days). But in combination with the bad hit detection/packet loss, Heavy Assault Shield and them waltzing around your bullets whilst shooting back with an arguably accurate high ROF weapon, all these combined serve to mitigate the quality of combat whilst fighting the VS.
  14. Shinrah

The NC,...the guys with the EM6 , SAW and GD-7F ....yes makes perfect sense. I mean, why fight someone who can move .25 faster while ADS´ing when you can fight someone that can kill the .25 faster moving guy within half a second with an 800+ RoF weapon or 167/200 LMG with 100 rounds.
    But I guess the faction with 10 rounds extra in all AR´s and Carbines and SMG´s doesn´t see much of an issue in big clipsizes.

Let´s QQ about VS having a LMG with .75 ADS. Totally OP! Especially in CQC where 95% of the people will hipfire your face off instead of ADS´ing anyway.

Take the Orion, give me the EM6 or SAW instead. People these days.....75ADS breaks the game? Trollolo, what happens when I don´t ADS and move at 100% speed? Does it force 0 to divide itself?
  15. Unclematos7

I say remove .75 ADS entirely.

What does better movement speed translate to? Better ADAD. Awesome gameplay.:rolleyes:
  16. gigastar

Stop right there.

Where does it say that the HAs downside is movement speed?
  17. Dieter Perras

lots and lots of bullets
  18. Kunavi

"As a proud TR, I do not approve of this OP."
    - As a proud VS, I approve of this OP.

Do you want to fire a weapon while maintaining maneuverability? You'll lose accuracy. Do you want to aim? You'll lose maneuverability. Why give any weapon both, without any significant other disadvantage? I'd be carefull what I'd bring up as one too, because I think we both know there aren't any really.

I also agree that coupled with certain other things(Obviously including HitReg or lag or somewhat little TTK), traits like 0.75 become GodMode in many situations.

And apparently no, lots and lots of bullets aren't any kind of TR advantage. Check mag capacities for most weapons, they are identical and TR are paying an arm and a leg for this, as if it's some miracle InstaWin in the very few cases it actually makes a difference. Let me tell you, even some signature TR weapons suffer from exactly that; LACK of enough ammunition to take advantage of them... Like the AMP or the MCG(Because you need that BRRT). Stop with that, stop with the "Mobility/Speed" stuff too, it's so insignificant... But that's OK, Faction traits don't have to be absolute Game-Changers; As long as they are actual Faction traits, not common, and as long as they aren't weighed against unreasonably severe counter traits. 10 bullets more and 5KPH more(Even 50 more bullets or +20KPH) do not mean much in PS2. Just like the TR as a whole, right now.

So I'm not suggesting we NERF VS, I suggest you guys stop QQing over the TR improvements. Besides let's not pretend SOE will go out of their way to improve the TR, look how they balanced the Marauder recently- Yeah, that's a BUFF! Not. And now look how they tried to balance the PPA... With a slap on the wrist, barely! So at least spare us reading the QQ you spew, while you're patiently waiting for the Striker to become a glorified homing Flare Gun with 10Dmg while each projectile lands on a different target randomly so you can laugh at it. And feel safe, even though you lost your FarmSuit(After each of you making enough Certs to UNLOCK ALL THE STUFFZ) all you've been getting are slaps on the wrist. Go check what the Nerf-Hammer completely demolished for the TR and smile sadistically, it's OK. ;)

*Edit : Had to correct dat hammer... :p
    • Up x 1
  19. sauna

This should have happened a year ago.
  20. miraculousmouse

No, give it to the Anchor or GD22S.