Stalker Cloak to catch ESP hackers

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Reavx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Tykune

I've had my fair share of experiences where people should not have found me, such as crouching in a bush cloaked and unmoving, and somehow being shot in the head or blown up my a scythe or reaver for absolutely no reason. I've even had harassers turn, aim at the bush I'm in, and blast turbo right into me.

I do believe that hackers are starting to become more rampant in the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tykune

I already have, long ago.. when they decided to jip me on my subscription. Company is shady as ****.
  3. Renuse

Hey fyi ive seen stalkers cloaked when I walk into rooms. Iv also 'felt' them if I bump into them.

Just want to throw that out there. Dont get all ragequitty or for once think your purely invisible while sitting in a room people have seem thousands of times.

I can still see you.
  4. reydelchicken

Stalker cloak sometimes doesn't work as you'd expect, the same applies to other cloaks.

Sometimes you'll be cloaked on your screen but your head/all of you will be showing on other's screens, so and ESF flying around with thermals will be able to spot you pretty instantly.

Same issue happens with stalker cloakers that are indoors, or around a base, sometimes the player himself will become invisible, but their weapon will still stick out, making it quite easy to find them.

Lastly, if someone sees you run into a room, or hears your cloak, walks into the room and finds 2-3 potential hiding spots, they're going to shoot at those areas if they're looking for you and are very likely to find you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tykune

1. This is something Sony should look into a fix immediately. I know if someone is fully cloaked, they wont turn up on thermals.. but if parts of them are not cloaking properly, then they might be spotable.. its something that should of been addressed long ago. Best chances are to hide in bushes while cloaked just in case, for now.

2. Same as 1. An issue that should of been addressed long ago. Sony needs to get up off its ***.

3. Lastly, if someone sees you run into a room, or hears you cloak, and there are 2-3 potential hiding spots. Chances are when you start shooting, the infil will uncloak and kill you right there. Going into any location where an infiltrator is cloaked is very risky. But alas, there are sites online that tell you how to make infiltrators more easily spotable by adjusting some settings in the user settings file.. which is utter ******** and the infiltrator cloak should be the exact same on all settings.
  6. Biddion

Check to see if friendlies are around you. Often times my position is given away by allies hanging around me. They are in fact the ones being shot at, but I get some of the fire. Friendlies get me killed, or at least shot at, very often. Position yourself so you aren't in a crossfire.
  7. Biddion

Crossbow spam.^^ None had flashlights. How unprepared.
  8. void666

I was flying around a tower (indar excavation site iirc) with thermals on looking for enemies. Saw a brief yellow shimmer and shot it. Infiltrator stalker killed. Guy sent me a message about radar being OP. We chat a little bit. I wasn't using radar and he said he didn't decloak.

And once i saw a floating enemy head. So i guess cloak isn't 100% reliable.
  9. LibertyRevolution

Cloak is kind of buggy...
    If you are in deep cloak, and you reload, your new mag will not be in deep cloak unless you move a little and reset deep cloak..
  10. BillHaverchuck

I ve been on the receiving end getting killed by ESFs while cloaked.

But I ve been on the other end as well. I can ocasionally see stalker cloakers depending on angle, lighting and background when I play infantry even if they dont move.
  11. ezaroo

This is because they aren't invisible :) just mildly annoying to see! But a crouched deep cloak infi is easy enough to see if you turn while you run and you can spot the distortion cause by their presence. This is a feature so we don't have totally invisible death machines running around (although that bug may still exist)

however the whole esf cloaked spotting thing we have been talking about here is in fact a big massive complete infuriating mind destroying horrible glitch. Where a cloaked infi renders as a non cloaked ifni first before cloaking on people's screens (even with the sound!) if they come from outside render range to inside it, see the videos posted on the previous pages a long with my previous post on the subject in this thread.
  12. iller

luckily, more or the hack-makers are losing patience with updating theirs for this game. It was already approaching that point round the time this thread was started. They're supposedly being detected way faster when they try to overlay boundings / chams behind walls so I guess they're running out of places to bypass around the security.

that, or SOE got way more invasive than was considered "proper" only a few years ago
    w/e ...I can't really complain about the results as long as they aren't lookin at our p**n collections too...
  13. Pseudo Neo

I'm not going to read this because there was some serious ire being thrown around on the first page. What I can tell you is this:

A few months ago when stalker was first introduced I discovered a bug that will be difficult to fix/impossible to fix. When you are flying you have a huge view of the battlefield and not everything is rendered at once. As you travel things are rendered and derender as needed. When you fly over a Stalker cloaked infil they render, then their state is determined (cloaked) and then the infiltrator is cloaked. When using thermal optics you can see their body heat for a very short period between when they render and when the cloak takes effect. This is what happens to you.

I've worked around it by trying to avoid cloaking and sitting still in areas where you can see me from above. Rally for the bug fix is the only other option.
  14. ezaroo

Yeah don't worry it took 2 or 3 pages of people crying about hackers but then a couple of us turned up and posted this explanation a video and everything :)
  15. Improvisus

So, if one plays the infiltrator class consistently they will know where and how to look for them. Before I started playing infil I would get beaned by them all the time. Now, as I like to play infil, as its a totally different type of style than say Medic or Heavy, the thing one learns quickly is how to choose the best spot to snipe and/or cloak. As the maps are essentially static there are only so many combinations of terrain and room/base interiors that work the best. Once you know, you "know". I'm get surprised every once in awhile but it's maybe every 1 out of every 100 that I do. Usually, I am now the guy who is a real PITA hiding in that perfect spot that is outside the typical search area. You gotta know how to look and know the right elevations and textures to do so.

However, cloak/decloak even at a distance can and is very telling of your position. Even after I just spawn a sundy I can hear someone cycle their cloak and then I wait and find them.

I have seen cheaters though. I remember I was doing recon located in a "sweet spot" and a BR 11 who is running away, who never got within say 30M of me, reloads his shrike after he had fired at someone else, turns a 180, head shots me, and keeps running. Also seen the guys who magically run in, through a crowd of other allies running around, right at and head shot me, with no search performed.
  16. Foreman Joe

I've had same experience with ESP hacker just recently - stalker cloaked, in a bush doing nothing - bam headshot. Then again and again - same guy. While I was cloaked and he was nowhere near me. If you just google ESP hackers and check out some vids on youtube.. it's just plain hacking.. I wonder why such losers even play.
    • Up x 1
  17. Reavx

Yeah just to put in this is still happening 7 months later.
    Yesterday had me see a guy totting about in an LA and a max unit doing the ESP.
  18. bl33ping

I've had it happen to me a few times this week. One was scythe who magically saw me about 250m away in deep cloak with no friendlies near me for at least 50m. PPA'd with precision accuracy. The other was a max about 300m away.

I've been told that cloakers are easily spotted by players who play with their settings on ultra... So maybe this is the case?
  19. ezaroo

Please read my post on page 3 post number 44 will explain why this happens! There is even a video showing it which was posted by Rohxer which is linked in my post :)

Hopefully it gets fixed in the cloaking pass :)
  20. bl33ping

I did read it. That could have been the case for the ESF pilot, but what about the Max?

A few people have told me in-game that it was the players playing on ultra settings who could easily spot a cloaked infiltrator.