What carabine do you prefer for LA tr?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chizzo, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Chizzo

Hello everybody, i really dont know if its right forum to post this, but here i go.

Well i have been playing for about 1 month with Light Assault, and im looking forward to buy a carabine. i have read tons of post and many videos, and i get to the conclusion that there is no "best" carabine, there is only a "prefered" carabine by the players, because after reading many post i have never found that everybody agrees on only one carabine.
    So i would like to know, what is your prefered carabine? and, Why?.'

I was thinking to buy the Ns-11C, what do you think about it?
  2. Yeahy

NS-11 C is great at range. It requires burst fire and heavy vertical compensation, even with compensator.
    I like it but weapons like the Jaguar or the Lynx might suit you better. You can always trial them or use them in VR/Test server.
    Good luck in finding a nice carbine.
  3. Hospitaller_Sarpton

Personally the Ns 11 is my highest scoring gun to date. But I've been informed the jaguar is the best general purpose because of its shockingly good hipfire, fast enough fire rate, and good reload. I'd try the both out in VR and see what works best with your game play. If you find yourself not really hipfire I'd recommend the NS if hipfireing is more your thing then the Jag would probably do you better.
  4. Jur270

Go for the t5 amc i can beat heavies in cqc
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

Don't
    buy
    the
    NerfSystems11Crap

Jaguar with FG/SPA is usually my go to Terran Carbine in Matches. TRAC-5 with FG is also decent but lacks the ROF. Lynx could also work reasonably well depending on your playstyle when you slap a lasersight on it and adapt a ADHS Light Assault playstyle
    • Up x 2
  6. Lethal_Sting

This. In before Iridar.

Jag is 1000 certs of pure win, at the bargain price of 250 certs.
  7. Vertabrae

Trac 5 and the jag have the same rate of fire. 750 rpm each.
  8. LibertyRevolution

If you are considering the NS-11c, you should just grab the T5 AMC.

The jag is also a nice carbine.

You should have both of these before you bother with an NS-11c.
    • Up x 3
  9. gibstorm

Is the t5 amc a close range carbine??

It seems very pick at the ranges it's good at. If they are too close or far it seems weak but some where in the middle it does really good
  10. LibertyRevolution

No, the T5 AMC is the TR longer range carbine, but it has better hipfire than other factions longer range carbines.
    I actually hipfire mine at guys under 10m all the time. Do not use a compensator, it will destroy its hipfire.

Wrel:
    T5-AMC

NS-11c
    • Up x 1
  11. DevDevBooday

Jag Jag Jag Jag Jag Jag Jag Jag
  12. gibstorm

I have only been using it for a few kills but I seemed to do better at long range with the cougar and better with this gun at medium range maybe i just have to get used to it
  13. Inex

If you're looking for an accurate carbine (which is a general trait of the NS automatics), then the T5 AMC is probably what you want.

Have you ever seen a montage of TR firing and you think they're cheating because they've got no recoil? That's the AMC. It has 143 damage tier recoil, and almost 167 tier ROF. Combined, that makes the gun child's play to handle. You're trading away DPS compared to the Trac-5, but there are very few guns that can put rounds on target like the AMC.
  14. Killuminati C

My personal preference is the T5 AMC though I find myself using the Cougar more and more. There's just something about that 167dmg tier that I really like (probably because my first character was NC).
  15. Iridar51

Actually, since the question was "what carbine do you prefer", I would say Cougar, because of the higher damage tier. This weapon might be far from being too strong, but I still do better with it than with Jaguar.
    While going through 800 carbine kills for LA directives, I went through all worthy TR carbines, and ended up with Cougar as my personal best and favorite. Looks, sound, damage, reach - all solid. It's quite sad that our best (for me) carbine is an NC knock-off, but then again, I really liked the GD-7F, so maybe I'm just a hipster.
  16. Smokki

I use the complete opposites Lynx and Cougar almost equally with three different loadouts.

Close range build with Lynx (NV scope, forward grip, soft-point ammo, suppressor) + smoke grenades and C4.
    Close to mid range build with Cougar (2x reflex, forward grip, high-velocity ammo, flash suppressor) + flash grenades and C4.
    Long range marksman with Cougar (4x scope, forward grip, high-velocity ammo, compensator) + frag grenades and med kits.

Still, I like Cougar more for it's flexibility. It's a surprisingly good gun even for a close range fights and with right attachments works wonders even in long ranges. If you are a good shot, you will fall in love with the Cougar.
  17. Paperlamp

La Longue Carabine

[IMG]

In all seriousness though Jaguar is obviously the best TR Carbine.

T5 AMC/Cougar are the only other consideration for longer ranges but they're just not as good as what VS and NC have. They're highly overrated by a few posters on these boards but if you really look at the stats they're a clear downgrade to Mercenary and Pulsar C in most meaningful ways.

Then there's the NS-11C which is basically a T5 AMC with crappy velocity and no adv grip but .75 ADS.

If you want longer range combat just don't play TR LA is my suggestion, use the Jaguar for a mobile close range play style, it's the one and only thing TR carbines compete at due to the moronic itemization of their lower RoF options.
  18. current1y

The most versatile I would say is the Lynx IF you can ADS. If you can the thing dominates up close to medium ranges. For long range I would say the T5AMC or NS11C. Personally I would probably pick the NS11C due to its .75 movement modifier. A lot use the Cougar but I could never get comfortable with it. Best all around weapon for hip fire would prob be the jaguar.

The lynx is by far my favorite though. Its as good as a smg up close if you can ADS and has better accuracy at range. I had good results with it.
  19. NCstandsforNukaCola

How different do you think between Razor GD23 and Cougar?
    I refered Wiki and Dasanfall(before close) and all I see was just recoil angle, bullet velocity
  20. Axehilt

• Close range: I prefer Jaguar over Lynx because of superior DPS and I don't hipfire as much as some players. Both are viable.
    • Balanced: TRAC-5
    • Long range: Both AMC and Cougar are amazing.
    I feel the NS11-C is slightly overshadowed by TR's carbines, and while I like the weapon (a low DPS gun with amazing sustained) I find I slightly prefer the AMC on TR and Razor on NC, so I only really end up using it on my VS char (VS' other carbines have terrible damage per magazine.)