My view on the betelgeuse 54-A

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tgipier, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Whatupwidat

Exactly - I've cleared a room with a Commissioner - and that only has 6 rounds

Try harder Vanu scum! xD
  2. sauna

Unlimited ammo on a LMG?! You have to be joking. How this is not considered OP as ****...I don't even...

I die a majority of times during these 5-6 second reloads, 2-3 second equip times. Without that I would kill three times as much, the mag size doesn't matter :T. People who play long distance "suppressing fire" HA's are just clueless. My Godsaw can go **** itself in comparison to http://www.twitch.tv/zethiann/c/5037189.
  3. tgipier

It would be a horrible idea. Heat mechanic right now is still very very new and immature. There are a lot of things they still need to change before it is ready for general playerbase. Mainly, how many rounds before overheated compared with normal mag size. Heat mechanic is not an one size fit all. It should be different on every single weapon. Also, delay in cooling right after bursts prevent quick burst fire with the weapon. I am glad that SOE is using the directive weapons to gather feedbacks though.
  4. tgipier

Ehe, the orion is not a gauss saw? If this is on the saw or even EM6/Anchor, then yes, its godly. The vid showing him not any where near an engie.
  5. tgipier

An empty room?
  6. DavidLight

I've used the Betel for several hours and I like the Heat-mechanic. Ordinary I reload very frequently but I never really need to with the Betel. You still can engage enemy groups with it, the weapon should be able to kill 2 - 4 people befor it overheats depending on the enemy class.

I couldn't try the Darkstar or the Eclipse so far. However, I already dislike the normal Clip-Size on regular Carbines/AR so 20~ would be even worse. I'd rather have a longer reload but a bigger Clip.
  7. sindz

So you kill 4 people with 35-37ish bullets? Quite impressive aim you have.
  8. Whatupwidat

It had 4 living things in it. Still "cleared a room" :p
  9. GrandpaFlipfox

At least VS got an interesting and unique sidegrade. I'm still stuck with just a worse Gauss SAW but with an admittedly fantastic paint job.
  10. Keldred

Ive got a little over 1600 kills with the betelgeus heres my thoughts.

Always burst at anything over 45 m (5-7 rounds)

Dont be afraid to let it overheat. If you have multiple targets or fighting at long ranges you may want to overheat the gun to secure the kill.

If you are attempting to clear a point/room slice corners and engage one at a time. If you havent downed an enemy at about half heat (2-3 bursts) back off to cover and let the gun cool

At long ranges aim for the chest and let the recoil pull up to the head.

Overall the betelgeus essentially a vanilla orion with unlimited ammo.
    To make it a competative alternative to guns like the sva-88 or polaris it needs two things.

It needs a slightly longer heat limit. I am talking slight like 15% longer.

Give it a forward grip or some other option to reduce vertical recoil. Its current vertical recoil makes the gun difficult to use at long-medium ranges and extremely challenging at long ranges. It is outclassed by guns such as the t9 carv and gausssaw simply because the addition of a forward grip allows those guns more control over vertical recoil.

All in all i love the betelgeus. I now use it as my main gun for the HA. However it does need improvment to be worth the task of unlocking it. Getting 5 auraxium medals is a long comitment. One would think the prize at the end would be a great improvment to the gun it is based off of. The betelgeuss is a great gun but it is more of an alternate way to play the orion than an improvment.