Game performance atm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Aug 30, 2014.

1. daniel696

In my rig it's working good, sometimes they do a patch and then my fps drops, or they add a patch that makes it more stable. Don't know.
  2. daniel696

The most incredible thing is that even if you put the graphics in very low, the fps don't change at all!
    • Up x 1
  3. SocratesEverywhere

I'm curious if maybe there's a correlation. For the players having bad frame rates, what GPU do you use? I'll compare with my friend's. Could be a false lead, but it's worth asking.
  4. Saval

It's pretty cruddy for me at least. Lot's of crashes.
  5. IronMouse

I'm using the ATI Radeon.
  6. lawn gnome

i have also been having severe problems with my computer stuttering randomly for the first several minutes of play. i may just need to take the air compressor to my computer, but the change happened fairly rapidly and like i said my play goes to normal after several minutes of play.
  7. TomoB

since latest patch loading takes annoyingly long between 90-100%, nerve wrecking when I'm trying to spawn quickly. I guess this it that improved caching of stuff or something.
  8. GhostAvatar

As long as it isn't enemies, then it ain't so bad. In fact it probably means less TKing, so really it is a bonus (especially if you're playing NC).
  9. WUNDER8AR

My game stutters horribly with the 64bit client + framerates now go down below 30 from time to time which is basically unplayble for me (FX 8320, 8GB 1333Mhz, GTX 670 2GB). All that along with the limited fov (makes me motion sick + my mouse sensitivity settings are now all over the place) makes for a rather not so good experience. The game is still great, I just cant enjoy infantry combat as much as I did previously. Edit: Nonetheless because the lag is stronk lately (as in network lag, delay whatev)
  10. lawn gnome

30? try randomly dropping to 2 (note the lack of a zero) or worse.
  11. ShockATC

I actually think its funny how you people cry about 30 FPS and how it is "unplayable" for you.
    I play on 30 the whole time and im not doing bad.

Before you ask: yeah, my Computer is a grandpa now, but he does his job every god damn day very well. (Its still time for an update i guess)
    • Up x 1
  12. Bonom Denej

I'm playing right now and I've just reached FPS that I haven't reached in quite a while. The game is definitely smoother for me.

Also, did they change the fps counter to show by default ?
  13. WUNDER8AR

I for one am simply used to playing FPS games at 60 because I did for years now. Anything below that feels juddery and at some point it becomes simply unplayable. It's just the way it feels when you're used to better framerates. I'm glad that you're doing fine with subpar FPS though. I wish I could do the same.
  14. Captain Kid

its not less tking when you use a handful of sticky nades to clear out a point. :)
  15. LaRZy

I too have noticed longer load times along with slighty better performance recently.

For me the game is running very well at the moment, infact, on my fastest rig I'm now using Ultra textures, Flora Off, Shadows low, everything else on high. Fog Shadows off. usually 60 fps but have seen it drop as low as 42 fps. Running rigs @ 1680 x 1050
    Vsync is on with all rigs.
    i5 haswell @ 4.1 ghz
    Gtx 660 ti 2gb DDR
    8gb mem
    win 7 64bit

On my 2nd Rig use medium settings across the board with shadows off, flora off ambient oc off, fog shadows off, which also gives 60 fps, but can dip as low as 32 fps in big fights.
    First Generation i5 @ 3.2
    Gtx 285 1.2 gb of memory
    4gb memory
    win 7 64bit

The Third rig really has to drop the settings as it has an aging 8800 gtx with less than a gb of memory and the CPU cant keep up in big fight scenes unless quality is dropped, so I usually reduce render quality on this rig lower than 100% and use low and medium settings.
    I still manage to get 60 fps and this too drops down to 28 fps is big fights and the game looks a lot worse than the above two rigs.
    Old Q6600 quad @ 3.2
    8800 gtx 768mb
    vista 64
    4gb memory

So the bare minimum I would suggest to build a Planetside 2 rig would be my 2nd rigs specs to keep the game looking decent and playing decent @ 30 - 60 fps
  16. Axehilt

Performance has definitely been shaky lately.

The worst part for me isn't even the frame perf, but the server perf being worse (ie the responsiveness of hitting "E" at a terminal and something happening.) Loadout hotkeys intermittently breaking doesn't help, and creates a really cruddy experience overall.
  17. Jetlag

Game literally unplayable.
  18. Palkora

I have a pretty decent rig and I can tell you, it doesn't run better. At all.
  19. Bonom Denej

I have a first gen i7 and honestly this last patch have been awesome for me. I've gain 10 to 15 fps. Usually in big fights I would have 30 fps and today, after 3 hours of playing, I never went below 40 fps.
  20. Whatupwidat

I had the same - last big fight I had apparently didn't exist according to my minimap.