Crash to desktop twice already since update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alizona, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Alizona

What is going on here?

Twice in less than an hour, my game just died... all of a sudden, the game is gone, and I'm looking at my windows desktop. I have to restart the game.

Why is this happening? It's never happened before, and twice in an hour? I'm not doing anything different today than I do any other day when I play.

The first time I jumped to the ground from a small height - before I impacted the ground, while falling, the game disappeared.

The second time I was repairing my Sundy which was under heavy attack. It blew up, I died, and as I'm looking at the map screen to decide where I should spawn... same thing - game just disappears and I'm looking at my desktop.

At the very least, shouldn't Sony have a "crash error log" routine that runs in these instances? There's not even a windows popup about "program not responding" or anything - no notification whatsoever.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Only one time for me so far. :)
  3. Yuukikun

''It's never happened before''

Best joke of the day.
  4. Crator

Used to happen when the game first released and was cleared up (for me at least) with fixes that the DEVs implemented... Perhaps the OP is a newer player who wasn't around when it used to happen all the time? Sucks to hear it's happening again...
  5. CHDT65

Btw, Cobalt almost unplayable because of the ping.
  6. Alizona

I've been playing for about 2 years. I might be wrong in my intial statement, this might have happened once before to me. But twice in one hour makes me question what is going on, and makes me wonder if something about the update is causing it. So I report it with a post to help Sony gauge if it might be widespread or not.

I'm not gonna worry too much about it unless it keeps happening. Also, I didn't cold reboot my computer, that would be the first thing I should do - if it happens after that, then at least I could confirm beyond a reasonable doubt that it's not something on my computer (at least to my satisfaction).
  7. WILDSHOT

same here after path now crashing to desktop without rhyme or reason
  8. senondo

had/have the same problem.
    It got alot better once i deactivated ambient occlusion (from CTD every 10-30min to 1.5h+)

I had this same effect a Year or so ago.