Good LMG for TR

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by krokolop, Aug 1, 2014.

1. cruczi

Far more accurate? No.
    • Horizontal recoil is identical with T32 Bull, except that Bull actually has lower tolerance (0.5 vs 0.6).
    • Vertical recoil, first shot multi are also identical.
    • ADS COF is also identical.
    • The only real difference in recoil is the angle, Bull being straight, NS-15 being 17-20 deg left (less with grip). Unangled recoil is probably better for the average player, left angled is better if you're particularly used to it coming from other weapons.
    The NS-15M is a Bull with 5 fewer bullets, faster reload, 0.75 ADS speed and lower ROF. Bull has a slight edge on accuracy due to the unangled recoil and lower tolerance.
  2. FieldMarshall

After using the Rhino i cant make use of the MSW.
    MSW seems to have insane vertical recoil compared =[
    • Up x 2
  3. cruczi

Just a matter of getting used to it. Practice for a bit in VR focusing solely on how much to pull down and in what direction, and it should soon become instinctual
  4. FieldMarshall

I guess that's true. Once you use a weapon too long you get sort of "locked" into it for a bit =]
  5. NCstandsforNukaCola

MSW-R with foregrip and SPA, sight of choice
    Then you are good to go.
  6. Borsty

Nothing wrong with the MSW-R, still think the CARV is a good all-purpose weapon too.
    TMG-50 can be brilliant if you really really burst (basically slow clicking, about 3-5 shots per burst), don't hold the trigger down on anything further away than 2 meters.
  7. jiggu

TR despises NS weaponry, it's incredibly unloyal to wield filthy cross-faction guns.
    • Up x 2
  8. Imperium Assault

MSW-R
    Bull
    Carv-S would be good if not for its long equip time
    All 3 can roll with laser or not. SPA on all

Carv has a lot more wrong with it besides equip time that needs to be fixed if it is ever going to be good. SOE'll never unnerf it though for the moneys. I do miss the good old Carv

T16 is **** at close range, and with it being dependent on adv foregrip using a laser on it would make it **** at long range

After bunnyhopping scope nerf TMG-50 is purely a medium to long range weapon. Massed TMG is still great at range
  9. Covah

TR don't have a really "great" LMG.

MSW-R is a nerfed Orion.
    TMG-50 is a nerfed EM6.
    T9-CARV is a nerfed Orion with terrible hipfire but more bullets.

I use the Butcher now, at least is has a 150 bullets MAG and is a bit more controlable with the compensator.
  10. Reclaimer77

TR just seem to have a bunch of "good" LMG's but nothing that really stands out. I can't really figure out which is my favorite.

The MSW-R is pretty underrated though imo. It handles like an assault rifle. Quick handling, great hipfire, you can ADS someone and land a quick killing burst into them before the COF gives you trouble.

No matter how many certs you spend on a TR LMG, it's not going to be as good as a geared up Godsaw. A weapon that the NC somehow get for free!
    • Up x 1
  11. Mxiter

Used to be. It isn't that accurate anymore and have the slowestt TTK of the game.

Butcher have lower vertical recoil than the Carv, but have also much more CoF bloom. Avoid long burst at range.
  12. WarmasterRaptor

Although, very few NC truly enjoy that monster. I don't even want to try other LMGs when I play NC, this one does it all.
  13. Littleman

No single TR LMG really stands out. I tend to like them all, though I'm more partial to the MSW-R for the fast reloads and better hip fire. Still not an Orion though. It's probably also among the more accurate LMGs in game, though if you're doing it right (strafing while ADS) EVERY gun in game has a recoil bias, making the often mentioned "uncounterable" <-> horizontal recoil of many TR weapons a moot point. I don't use fore-grips on anything but the TR SMGs anymore. They're the only TR automatic weapons with so severe a <-> recoil that even .75x ADS can't mitigate that kick enough to maintain a bead on a target. For everything else, there's a laser sight, because most killing happens in CQC-medium range.
  14. Reclaimer77

As good as the MSW-R is, I feel our SMG Armistice with extended mag is even better for Heavy Assault.

So with no LMG's that fit a roll or stand out in any way, my heavy will be using either the MCG or Armistice from now on. I only wish I came to this conclusion before spending hundreds of dollars on station cash and thousands of certs dumped into LMG's that will never be as good as NC or VS ones.
  15. SharkSpider

The bumhurt is strong in this thread.

Your best bet is the MSW-R. It's not quire as good as the Orion because it kicks harder and doesn't give you the ADS move speed, but on the up side you get soft point (faster TTK in 10-15 meters) and recoil that only pulls in one direction (meaning you can dump more bullets before needing to stop your burst).

Don't get caught up being an SMG heavy, they look good on paper but their damage drops off really, really fast once you get out of hugging distance. It's a cheesy way to play in the sense that a bad player will be able to avoid losing with it in CQC, but a good player will just be hampered by having to limit their engagements to ones within a certain range.
    • Up x 1
  16. Reclaimer77

Yes the MSW-R is great. However it's a 250 cert gun (I think?). I think something is wrong when 250 cert LMG's outclasses a handful of our 1k cert LMG's.

Well I certainly don't have the K/D you're boasting, but for me personally, I'm not sure I agree. Mobility is HUGE in this game and the hipfire of the Armistice is so amazing I find I can win a lot more engagements then I can with TR LMG's by strafing and jinking. ADS up to medium range isn't bad either. If TR LMG's taught me anything, it's burst fire control :)
  17. bubbacon

• Up x 2
  18. ConradHorse

With CARV I often make 2-3 kills in 1 mag which usually makes enough to stop a small rush. In 1v1 it's quite good as long u can use it skillfully and have good reflexes (usually pull the trigger first). No chance against auraxed Godsaw or Orion but to me VS handheld weapons are very OP.
  19. Anchor IV

I used to really like the TMG 50. I feel like it kinda sucks dick now, anyone else get that?
    • Up x 1
  20. jiggu

Yeah, it feels like it lacks stopping power.