Bring back 32bit Client

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SynaptixBrainstorm, Aug 29, 2014.

1. SynaptixBrainstorm

SOE some people even if they have (like me) a 64bit client. cant play the game properly !

Its stuttering (64 bit)

The only way why i could play this game the past weeks perfectly fine was the fact that i had to replace the 64bit file with the 32bit one.......thats a fix for alot of problems and now its gone and unplayable.

PLS hurry up with this. let me play the 32 bit version today and not next week or something...the weekend has started and i would like to play 48+ fights wihtout a problem instead of 1-12 fights with massive stuttering and framedrops....i cant even imagine what causes this but its related to the 64bit client......pls:(
    • Up x 10
  2. pirron

I would be grateful if someone gives a fix how to force 32 bit client after the latest patch. 64 bits version is completely unplayable for me :(
    • Up x 2
  3. jarree

I don't think you can currently, 32bit crashes during launch. I also have the same problem with 64bit client stuttering, I think we just need to wait for a fix.
    • Up x 3
  4. pirron

As I've heard it's the second version check which was implemented which causes 32 bit not starting. I didn't investigate the issue but it might be one more protection on SOE side to make sure people are forced to use worst out of 2 clients.

Hopefully someone will find the fix and post it here soon.
    • Up x 1
  5. SynaptixBrainstorm

I hope this as well....its ridiculous to take the only ("playermade") fix away....actually a fix that worked perfectly instead of SOE so called fixes..:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  6. Zuzas

I have been playing with the 64 bit client since it came out with no major problems. It is now unplayable after this patch.
    • Up x 1
  7. SynaptixBrainstorm

For me too!! i would really like to know if people with 32bit system can start the game at all:rolleyes:
  8. Damz49

Hey all, I recognize some names here hehe

Same problem for me with 7 32bits, no problem on the launchpad but blackscreen and game crash on the loading.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mokambo

Not even remotely close. CTD the moment the game cursor appears on the black screen.
    *sigh* not even 1 day old to this game and i already start to wonder if there will be a 2nd. random crashes, then maint on friday evening, now this...
  10. SynaptixBrainstorm

Hey my friend :D

So you say you cant play at all, right? omg well be sure to know i cant as well with these stutters:(

Good to know is that people with 32bit system cant play at all tho. i mean its good to know that SOE will work on in sooner than later....uhmm....hopefully:confused:
  11. SynaptixBrainstorm

I feel with you :( ! they have to fix this otherwise 32bit forced ppl are screwed and SOE want money so yeah...dont give up on this game yet...but dont wait weeks for a fix as well;) its probably not worth it anyway
    • Up x 1
  12. celem

Similar boat :( Playing off Win 7 32bits, been here about a week and just bought a membership for 3 months. Managed maybe an hour before I lose the ability to play. Bit miffed, hurry this one along please, cosmetic-only sc and membership displays be hanged (you still have the data afterall), an entire demographic is still locked out.

Dont make me shuffle everything off my drives to put a 64bit OS on, im a professional dev and I dont love you or PS2 (or my granny) enough for the heartache involved in rebuilding all my environments.
    • Up x 1
  13. Skarsnik

i have 64 bit and run with the 64 bit client and now i cant even start the game. so the patch went as usual.
    • Up x 2
  14. Aaren

I have a 64bit OS but run 32bit for the FOV fix (max 74 fov is simply too low on my 21:9 - makes me nauseous) - I am delighted to find the 32bit client now crashes on startup.

Look SOE, I get you don't want to actually do anything about the hit detection / lag compensation issues I am constantly asking you to fix - but could you at least allow me to try and play your broken game?
    • Up x 2
  15. WUNDER8AR

Major stuttering with 64 bit client and the limited FOV gives me a headache. I am hoping for a immediate fix, nevertheless because some people are apparently completely locked out of the game. Any official words on the subject yet?
    • Up x 3
  16. Contego

I'm using the 64 bit client and the game has gone from tolerable fps to a stuttering mess post patch. I cant even play on medium now as it stutters and hangs in even small fights. I wasn't aware that forcing 32 bit client fixed that but please bring it back so I can try that:rolleyes: and fix your 64 client too, game is unplayable atm.
    • Up x 2
  17. Sixty

Same boat.. I have 4GB Ram due to specific issue (two RAM slot not working). My pc can handle latest game ultra 60+ but this is not excuse about game in year 2014 who use about 6GB of ram! Its all about 64 bit version have insane poor performance + Stuttering and of course no support for FOV change which is crucial thing for me (You cant play at 74 FOV on 80 inch TV..)
  18. CptLegshot

1 thing that made my mouse stutter after this patch was that they enabled mouse smoothing by default, i disabled it in useroptions.ini and my mouse is smooth again (oh the irony) but sensitivity settings have 0 effect now.
  19. Huishe

Way to ruin a friday night, soe. 32bit Win XP not working here. I gave up and went to get win8 dual boot. Bring back the client, tho.
    • Up x 1
  20. Devoneir

So this is the problem.... sigh. Guess i'll have to wait this mess out.