An Air Community Question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ltshadow, Aug 27, 2014.

1. FieldMarshall

You shouldnt use A2A missiles. Only the nosegun with afterburners. Then you need to find enemy ESFs and joust them in an honourable duel.
    After that you are done, you give them a pat on the shoulder and ask if they want to go again, all the while saying "good sir" at the end of every tell you send them.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ownasaurusrex

You can kill them first also.
    And bring a buddy
  3. z1967

That is a horrible balance idea unless you want to make the missiles fire and forget weapons. This isn't a WW2 sim, you have them too and you have counters to them (stealth and flares along with terrain). When you take AB+nosegun you are relying on surprise and first strike capabilities, along with being able to out maneuver your opponent. When you go 2xA2A then you are flying as pure A2A and rely on doing more damage than your opponents.

Also,
    Missiles aren't OP. I don't have them and all my experience is from fighting them. 2x A2A fighters are easy to take out with AA because they can't boost away and even then you can outrun them with relative ease in AB loadouts. Their missiles take nearly 5 seconds if you have stealth and all that goes to waste if you pop flares. Its really easy to avoid them, and you could probably kill them just as easily if you are as good as you seem to be claiming to be.

Final note,
    Unless they do 90%-100% damage per shot this throws of the DPS by miles, so it either makes them even more "OP" or completely useless. From my experience players do not like a binary experience despite the fact that I am fine with it. So no, this is a bad balance decision.
  4. M2_Bradley

Coyotes?Breh?
  5. Nexus545

I love to receive hate tells. It makes me feel like I'm doing it right.
  6. SacredRay

Bad players who use the word 'bumhurt' are bad.
  7. KenDelta

Dying by a PPA is the most humiliating way , never died to a PPA on my ESF tho but I'd alt+F4 if that ever happened.

I don't mind lockons because they're really flawed at close-range dogfights which is most of the dogfights you'll ever get into , but when trying to run... well you have more chances to survive in a dogfight than running from a lock-on ESF.

Now dying by a ESF-lock on , I don't mind.
  8. John_Aitc

I am a new pilot. I need something that makes me minimally affective so I can hopefully learn and get better. If the skilled pilots want to call them a crutch or send me a tell of what a noob I am after they kill me, that is fine with me. It means that they may have seen me as a bit of a danger.

Also, because of Directives, there are a lot of skilled pilots flying around with these easy mode weapons just so they can get their reward.
  9. TheBlindFreak

I'm pretty sure I've said this before.

Tomcats and Coyotes are just a form of variety. Why? Because rotary+lolpods was the go-to choice It was the better farming choice to pull lolpods. That way you could farm infantry, and at the same time, you didn't really have to fear aircraft.

So, you want to be able to pull lolpods and still dominate the skies? Nope. Someone with a more dedicated loadout will have an advantage over you (and it isn't like you're totally doomed). It would be like AP-AI mbt's complaining that they got killed by dedicated AP-AP MBTs.

Just as a side note, if someone not aiming or leading at all with coyotes and just blindly firing, they probably aren't landing many hits. Coyotes travel pretty slowly.
  10. Inex

And certainly never by lag, coming up behind somebody, standing still for 1/4 second while in sight of a sniper, being outnumbered, COF luck, random explosives or ESFs interrupting honorable combat.
  11. WyrdHarper

You say that as a joke, but I made friends with a lot of cool people in the game by doing just that.