Performance Q (UserSettings.ini suggestions)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AvengerUK01, Aug 25, 2014.

1. AvengerUK01

Just wondering what settings people use for maximum FPS without downgrading the quality too much.

Currently using the below, dips to <30 sometimes in the largest of battles which isn't ideal.

Specs: 4790k, 16GB 1600, 780 Ti SLi

2. sixoo

lower the shadows. medium or high.
    • Up x 1
  3. Noppa

Yep, if you want to get better FPS lower the shadows to low/off and particles to medium or low.. sure wont look as good but you get way better FPS!

And yeah, SLI dosn't work in this game so take it off and you get better fps :p
  4. Eliminacion

Reduce Shadow to "ShadowQuality=1" , reduce RenderQuality to 0.75 and RederDistance=2000
  5. I0dine

i5-4670K @ 4Gz, AMD 7950 OC, 8GB Ram /1600, 250gb SSD

Massive fights I dip as low as 35-40fps, medium fights are around 70-90fps
    Take in mind that I choose performance over eyecandy 10/10 times :)

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1200
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen
    RenderQuality=1.000000

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=2
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1500.000000
    Gamma=0.250000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=1
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=1
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=1
    ParticleLOD=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VerticalFOV=74
    Smoothing=0
    BloomEnabled=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    VSync=0
    AO=0

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=Off
  6. Noppa

Kinda low fps still that 35-40 on massive battles, i get round 60-70 on them >.<
  7. I0dine

Yeah but those are really massive ones, with tons of smoke grenades and medic shield bubbles that the CPU really loves :)
  8. baka

Specs in my sig, but lesser than yours. I stay solidly at 54 to 58fps for the most part all of the time. I think I still have adaptive VSync turned on in nVidia control panel. I am honestly not sure why I seem to get better average performance than people with higher end machines.
    [Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=2000.000000
    RenderDistanceScalar=0.600000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=60
    UseLod0a=1
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=3
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    MotionBlur=0
    VerticalFOV=74
    UseAspectFOV=0
    Smoothing=0
    GpuPhysics=0
    AO=0
    BloomEnabled=0
    VSync=0

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=Off

If you drop RenderQuality down, you are reducing the visual quality massively. You might do better to play in a window and set the game to 1440x900 or even 1280x720. Yes, you might take a small performance hit by being in a window, but you should gain overall by rendering less - assuming you are willing to play in windowed mode.
    Flora and Shadows have always been the biggest FPS destroyers for me, I love them but it came down to clean gameplay or super pretty - gameplay scored a headshot.
  9. Noppa

Yeah i mean the really massive ones too on Miller.. Smokes and grenades / explosions doesn't really dip my fps since i play shadows off / particles medium!

Just made a video with better settings and with them my fps dips really low and is pretty much un-playable, you can find it on the link on my signature if you wanna check it out, in the end of the video is also the settings i use normally!
  10. AvengerUK01

Thanks, will do a little testing tomorrow with shadows / particles / SLi on/off and post back :)
  11. I0dine

I tried your settings and you`re right, my fps is "slightly" increased, certainly more stable!
    I notice that the load is more on the GPU now then before

The GPU temp is up by roughly 10 degrees though, reaching 72 degrees at most. Still within safe temp conditions for my card :)
  12. AvengerUK01

SLi on / off surprisingly makes zero difference.

Sat in warpgate same location, 57 FPS whether it's on or off (wish they'd actually make SLi work!)

I've turned shadows to 1 and I'll see how that goes :)
  13. Noppa

SLI off should make a few FPS different since SLI on it takes away those few FPS if the game don't support it!

Shadows OFF / low is huge different and Particles low/med makes those explosions / smokes / flak not to drop you'r fps!